Preferred dealer installed options 2019 CX-5 GT T

Jpass

:
2019 cx-5 gt T
Hey guys!

So picking up my 2019 CX-5 GT turbo this weekend sometime. Ontario Canada here. Dealer is giving me any add on /accessories at cost. Im doing a rust box with scratch and dent for 700. They fix any small dents or scratches for life of vehicle right at dealership. Seems to good to pass on this at the price?

I have the option of either mobile or remote start included. Went with remote start but going to call dealership later today and hope there is pass through option or Ill be getting it installed from someone else. Unnecessary wear and tear - double starting every time is what Im trying to avoid. On a side note I love that this car does not have start/stop function that I have to shut off every time before starting to drive, I hate those with a passion.
From what Ive read here Fortin + drone mobile is best pairing....

Roof rails rack?

Was going to inquire about parking sensors so annoying these dont have it. Not even a option on any model on the Mazda Canada website.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for all replies

Last edited:
PPF (hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, and headlights if possible), premium all weather mats, cargo liner/net/cover, tint for the front windows, touch up paint pen. Those are what I would suggest. I got everything except for PPF on headlights and window tint thrown in for free when I bought my CX-9 last year.

Front window tint
Trunk liner / mat - OEM trunk liner is quite nice.
Floor liners? OEM's are pretty nice. I have aftermarket versions of the OEM ones. Not all weather mats, but the liners.
Hitch / light adapter if you have a need to tow a small trailer or mount a bike rack. Though aftermarket is readily available.
After delivery I swapped out the interior light bulbs for LED. Cheap and easy way to make it feel more premium.

That's how I've got ours equipped.

I thought $250 for a Mazda cargo cover was ridiculous (why isn't this included on a high end trim?) so I found another for $140. Looks good, fits and operates well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I am going to look into a cargo area liner, didn't think I needed one but I noticed in only a week with doing almost nothing in the cargo area, it's already getting "fluffed up" on the floor. Seems to be an extremely delicate material.

I don't really understand why people think LED interior lights are any better (exterior are for sure) or worth upgrading, but whatever.

Thanks guys for suggestions.
Will def get the ppf done(thx sm1ke).
Will inquire about cargo liner. Thanks Nigel for that link will see what dealer can do. Front tint for sure. Got the premium liners coming (1/2 row).
Hitch will probably do after when more flow is allocated.
Interior LEDs - Studium any particular ones you have ordered that have a good track record?

After driving the loaner for a bit I*ve noticed scuffs on the shiny plastic around shifter - irritating - any known skins or covers available for this area?

Today is the day I must notify them of the the add ons I wanted. Still debating roof rack and rails. Will inquire about p sensors and if there*s a pass through remote start option.

Thanks for all replies!!

There isn't an OEM "pass thru" remote start. Both OEM systems shut the car down when remote started after opening the driver's door. If that isn't cool with you, don't get it. But the OEM integration is clean and warrantied in terms of the installation. Not so clean is the second remote. Pluses and minuses to it.

I just sourced my LED's on ebay and waited patiently. With the low cost and simple install I was willing to gamble on lower cost ones and wait for shipping vs buying one of the name-brand kits. Nothing knocking those name brand kits, I was just OK piecing my own kit together myself (and ending up with some spares).

I have some leftover, just don't know what specifically. I'll double check my drawer this weekend to see what I have left and if it's enough for you.

Thanks for your reply Studum. I just spoke with the dealer this morning concerning the remote start. Upon further pressing the installer, the manager of the location I purchased from informed that there is different modual they can use to allow secure takeover. I was pretty excited about this! Will let you all know how it works when I get it but he insured it was still a Mazda key fob. My hope is then I can integrate a mobile starting solution if one is adaptable with OEM remote start. Hopefully one without a monthly subscription.

That*s awesome about the LEDs. If you have a full set I*ll def buy them all from you since I see your located here in Canada. Thanks a lot for your info manno

I'm finalizing my purchase plans, too. I wonder what people think of the bumper guard.

Also, I've heard good things about both the Weathertech and the 3D MAXpider all-weather floor mats. Any opinions on those, or the Mazda ones?

Congrats GaryMx! What did you get? Thanks for mentioning the bumper guard I*ll be inquiring about that Monday morning as my vehicle didn*t show up as expected today (surprise). I have the premium Mazda ones coming with mine and are currently in the loaner I*m driving and they are really nice. Couldn*t ask for more.

He talked me out of the dealer roof rack and rails and said cheaper options Are available online and piece of cake to install. Patiently waiting here...

Last edited:
I thought $250 for a Mazda cargo cover was ridiculous (why isn't this included on a high end trim?) so I found another for $140. Looks good, fits and operates well.

I am going to look into a cargo area liner, didn't think I needed one but I noticed in only a week with doing almost nothing in the cargo area, it's already getting "fluffed up" on the floor. Seems to be an extremely delicate material.

I don't really understand why people think LED interior lights are any better (exterior are for sure) or worth upgrading, but whatever.

Some of these things are designed to "assist" dealers in pricing.

Congrats GaryMx! What did you get? Thanks for mentioning the bumper guard I*ll be inquiring about that Monday morning as my vehicle didn*t show up as expected today (surprise). I have the premium Mazda ones coming with mine and are currently in the loaner I*m driving and they are really nice. Couldn*t ask for more.

He talked me out of the dealer roof rack and rails and said cheaper options Are available online and piece of cake to install. Patiently waiting here...

I don't have it yet. But I'm looking at the Grand Touring with PP in deep blue mica with parchment interior. Got a surprisingly high CarMax quote on my 11 year old trade-in yesterday, so I'm going to the dealers to day to get their appraisals and pick the dealership.

I'm finalizing my purchase plans, too. I wonder what people think of the bumper guard.

Also, I've heard good things about both the Weathertech and the 3D MAXpider all-weather floor mats. Any opinions on those, or the Mazda ones?

I don't know if the U.S. market also gets these, but in Canada the "premium" all-weather liners are excellent.

00VP-CX-5FL1-0_grande.png

The Weathertech and MAXpider mats are the ones I would get if the "premium" liners aren't available. I've heard good things about both.

I have the Maxpider mats in both our cars (and 2 previous ones).

After inspecting OEM ones before signing our deal, they're the same. Slightly different shade of color, no CX5 logo, and no Mazda pattern stamped into the bottom. But material / fit and finish are otherwise identical.

I decided to save the few bucks as I didn't care about the Mazda logo under my feet.

I totally forgot to check for my spares, got too busy over the weekend. I will check though.

Sorry mate, I don't have the spares I thought I did. I forgot I had already given them to my buddy for his truck as he had the same bulbs and helped me with some work at home.

But the bulbs are a cheap / easy upgrade if you want to go that route. Info is readily available with what you need.

I just posted a review of one here:

Click

I believe this is a better option because out of all the aftermarket ones out there, this one resembles the OEM most closely. And no ghetto ties for the head rests!

Back