2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

Thing is, many cars don't even have vents in the 2nd row where passengers are riding everyday. None in the occasional 3rd row shouldn't be shocking.
Seriously I got a 2017 Mazda CX-9. I have two kids that is sitting in the 3rd row on their car seats and they literally sweat and always complain it is HOT. Average 30 minutes drive with AC on. Now I wonder if they will freeze when it is winter. Jesus, whoever think they don't need a vent on the 3rd row please sit there for 30 minutes and tell me how it feels like. Mazda seriously drop the balls on this.

Thing is, many cars don't even have vents in the 2nd row where passengers are riding everyday. None in the occasional 3rd row shouldn't be shocking.

That is called backwards talk. You can't compare to 90s norm to 2010+

Oh and Mazda Bose system is a cheap version. Kia's Infinity blows it out of the water.

Oh and Mazda Bose system is a cheap version. Kia's Infinity blows it out of the water.
Infinity is not Bose. Bose is short for Buy Other Sound Equipment. Better off somewhere else or buy other stereo equipment.

Also buy other set earphones.

Your infinity setup socks compared to a Martin Logan setup in a Lexus for example.

I used to compete on SQ with an infinity bass, focal mid and tweets and Genesis amps. That was a sweet setup.

It's relative. It sucks compared to a bower Wilkins in a Mercedes and Volvo

It's relative. It sucks compared to a bower Wilkins in a Mercedes and Volvo

Dude, I hear nothing but nonstop complaints from you. Did you buy a Mazda? I sure as hell hope you didnt because I can only imagine what life is like for you if you have this much hatred for the car you own.

Oh, and its all a bunch of damn nonsense too. Just whining about tiny little features and speakers in a car that has a perfectly fine sound system and is primarily meant to please the driver with good driving dynamics, not overload the driver with a bunch of stupid features they arent ever going to use anyways.

Lol you are a mazda coolaid drinker. Not me. Check my signature. I own a fully loaded mazda6 GT so I am not talking out of my ass. And I have driven a CX-9 extensively.

If you think all those features are tiny clearly you bought the wrong car. You should have bought a miata. 1% 3row SUV buyers care about driving dynamics. Most are happy with 90% of what CX9 delivers for driving. But most want luxury features and practicality in a family crossover. No one is cornering a CX9 like a miata with 6 people and luggage

Dude, I hear nothing but nonstop complaints from you. Did you buy a Mazda? I sure as hell hope you didn’t because I can only imagine what life is like for you if you have this much hatred for the car you own.

Oh, and it’s all a bunch of damn nonsense too. Just whining about tiny little features and speakers in a car that has a perfectly fine sound system and is primarily meant to please the driver with good driving dynamics, not overload the driver with a bunch of stupid features they aren’t ever going to use anyways.
I'd take a non bose audio upgrade option.

Most drivers like music.

Oh No by Girl Talk off his All Day album is a great choice.

Lol you are a mazda coolaid drinker. Not me. Check my signature. I own a fully loaded mazda6 GT so I am not talking out of my ass. And I have driven a CX-9 extensively.

If you think all those features are tiny clearly you bought the wrong car. You should have bought a miata. 1% 3row SUV buyers care about driving dynamics. Most are happy with 90% of what CX9 delivers for driving. But most want luxury features and practicality in a family crossover. No one is cornering a CX9 like a miata with 6 people and luggage

Im still a little lost here as to why you are constantly whining about the very car you ended up purchasing.

Seriously I got a 2017 Mazda CX-9. I have two kids that is sitting in the 3rd row on their car seats and they literally sweat and always complain it is HOT. Average 30 minutes drive with AC on. Now I wonder if they will freeze when it is winter. Jesus, whoever think they don't need a vent on the 3rd row please sit there for 30 minutes and tell me how it feels like. Mazda seriously drop the balls on this.

Hey there,

I live in a hot place sometime over 100. Have you tried when using the ac to have the flow both face vent and floor vent on both 1st and 2nd row controls. I found that having the air flow face and floor will circulate the air much better to the rear 3rd row. Try if for yourself ,, sit back there and have the floor vents on and you can feel the cool air near the legs. and if Worst comes to worst try buying a USB fan. I did and my little one loves using it, his personal fan.

We are totally happy with our 2017 Touring. Its amusing to hear others compare the driving to a sports car. well it isn't a sports car and will not drive like it if you compare the two. But if you are comparing mid level SUV to SUV,,, this CX-9 will feel like a sporty Suv and not like a pickup truck, ie Highlander, pilot sorrento bleh.

That is called backwards talk. You can't compare to 90s norm to 2010+

Actually, I don't recall seeing any 3rd row AC controls in the Acura MDX, so they might not be standard in all cars. Does the Mazda have independent controls for the second row or just vents?

Dude, its a Kia....

Same goes with Mazda. As for hud it's coming. Cadenza already has it. See any Sorento review. Every one rates it a few steps above in luxury over others. Cx9 too but lacks practical and luxury features

Glad you got your Kia and are happy about it. You don't own the CX9 but at Mazda 6 - so shouldn't you be on the Mazda6 thread???

Glad you got your Kia and are happy about it. You don't own the CX9 but at Mazda 6 - so shouldn't you be on the Mazda6 thread???

Why? Is that a rule? I am an auto and motorcycle enthusiast and I test pretty much everything out there. I am a much harsher critic of Toyota after owning 3 of them.

Its not a rule, but neither is there a rule against him calling you out on your unusual level of criticism. Thou doth protest too much.. almost enough to make one think you secretly LOVE the damn thing.

Yea so its got its share of issues, but its a pretty good car. And its not just us koolaid drinkers who have said so, the general wide ranging consensus is that its pretty good.

The sales don't match the so called general consensus. And I love few things about the cx9 but I am disappointed overall after wasting time waiting for it over a year

Its not a rule, but neither is there a rule against him calling you out on your unusual level of criticism. Thou doth protest too much.. almost enough to make one think you secretly LOVE the damn thing.

Yea so its got its share of issues, but its a pretty good car. And its not just us koolaid drinkers who have said so, the general wide ranging consensus is that its pretty good.

Lol, I know right?

Even if the CX-9 had come along with the most space in class, most features in class, most power in class, while maintaining the best styling and driving dynamics, it would still be one of the slowest selling models. Brand recognition, past reputation, dealer network, all play as big a role in sales as the product itself. Sadly. People go shopping for a 3-row and Mazda doesn't even enter the buying process for most people. Just the way it is. What do you think would happen if they introduced the best full-size pickup on the market, even with a V-8? Nobody would buy it. Simply because it was a Mazda.

The best cars in a segment rarely are the best sellers. Just go check out all the best sellers. The Explorer is actually the worse vehicle in this segment (mostly due to its age), and it's the best seller. The CX-9 has won almost all comparisons, and it's the least selling model.

Back