What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hello everyone, new to the forum but have trolling for a few weeks trying to get a handle on the price of these cars. I just bought one and wanted to give future purchasers an idea of the kind of deal you can get. Keep in mind I live in southern california. I emailed a couple dealers and pit them against each other. I could of probably gotten a better deal but I needed to get my wife a car asap because her previous car was on it's last legs.

2018 CX-5 Touring, machine gray w/PP...dealer threw in a cargo cover ($250 value)
MSRP $28,710
my price $25,650 plus TTL
($500 cash rebate and $2,560 in dealer discounts. Total discounts $3,060.)
Trade in <$2000> credit
OTD $26,675.60 with free cargo cover....woot woot!
The thing that sucks in cali is that you have to pay tax on the sale price of the car, not the discounted price and trade in's don't count either. Stupid! oh, is that not PC?

Trade in was my wife's old car 2006 acura tsx with 192,000 miles on it and got $2,000 for it. They first offered $1,500 and I said try again. haha.
Cxxmxx offered $1,600 so that's a win for me and less headache in trying to sell it.

Hope this helps this community and my kids, wife and I love the car! It was a surprise 10th wedding anniversary present for her so I scored some major points today.
Yeeee Haaw!!!
Now onto the modding....will it ever end? =)

Last edited:
I just leased a 2018 Mazda CX5 GT without premium package on 6/19. Machine Gray Metallic *AWD*
MSRP $32,220
Sale Price 29,490
Total rebates: $1110 ($750 Lease loyalty plus $360 loyalty cash)
1st Month Payment $319.89..no money down!!
36,000 Mile/36 month Lease
**The deals are out there but you really have to do your research. $55/ month spread among dealerships in PA/NJ/DE AREA**
Absolutely love the new CX5!!
does the 319.89 include licensing costs, registration fees, and taxes?

the quote I got so far is..

2018 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium package
MSRP 33335
Sales Price:30489
12000 miles/year
$3099 down + DMV
$235/month + tax

Hello all, my wife and I are looking to upgrade from Mazda 3 to CX 5 as were expecting in Oct. this forum is super helpful. Ive been emailing several dealers but only one has given me a quote.

2018 CX-5 GT AWD machine gray (no pax)
MSRP 32,250
Sales Price:29560
This includes 500 loyalty and 0% APR
OTD is 33k (taxes are 10% here)
No trade in

I would like to pull the trigger today (last day of month) or on the 4th. Does anyone think the deals will improve on 4th of July? My thought was calling around to dealers to see if anyone will talk numbers then heading in to see if they can beat the offer above. Appreciate all thoughts or advice from you guys!

Hello all, my wife and I are looking to upgrade from Mazda 3 to CX 5 as were expecting in Oct. this forum is super helpful. Ive been emailing several dealers but only one has given me a quote.

You need more quotes IMHO. Many more. Patience is your friend. Prices vary wildly among dealers in any given area. I was presented with a $5700 spread in OTD prices to my requests for quotes between what I'd purchased and the highest 'best and final' offer (and make no mistake, best-n-final is never best-n-final in the car business). Granted I had a trade that had sway...some may have wanted it, and others would have just shipped it straight off to auction. This is another important reason to get as many quotes as you can.

One quote is not enough in any case. You have time, October is a ways off. In fact, I'd say wait until the time gets a little closer say August as the 2019s will def. be on their way and possibly even start showing up on lots. The more quotes, the merrier for you. Three at a bare minimum. Broaden your search radius...who cares, you need written offers to use in your favor. Written offers because you may have to produce one to the dealer you're considering purchasing from to help them decide. I had to pull that card when I negotiated a 2016 RAV4 purchase for my daughter.

Be flexible on what you'd accept in the vehicle (options, color etc.) and hunt down dealers that have lower VIN cars sitting on their lots compared to other dealers inventory VINs (leftover incentives are usually huge). Look for dealers with lots of inventory of all models. The dealers, Mazda and whoever is financing their inventory will all be motivated to clear that inventory off their books. The CX-5 I purchased was one of 3 identical on the winning dealer's lot, and one of 21 identical/near identical cars I was getting quotes for from 7 dealers (9 total requests for quotes submitted). I knew right away that the winning dealer would be the one most motivated. The dealer I pass daily and where I first looked at, and drove, a CX-5. I knew right away that I likely wouldn't be buying from them even before I decided a CX-5 was the vehicle I was going to purchase. Low inventory equal no motivation to cut me a deal...there's always someone out there willing to pay the price the dealers present.

I researched the VIN numbers of all 3 of their identical vehicles from their website data prior to inquiries and saw one of them was really low compared to all the others I'd been looking at. Guess which one they offered up in the winning deal? The one that had been sitting there since February. BTW, I rarely buy new of the current model year and prefer to wait for the leftovers. However, I had a trade to contend with this go-round and it's trade-in timing to consider. I signed week before Memorial Day. Hadn't really planned on that, but the deal presented itself and the trade had everything to do with that timing. Patience is a virtue. Vehicles are huge emotional holes in the ground to throw money into. Don't fall into the trap. You lose serious bargaining power when you fail to pit one dealer against another for them to 'earn' your money. Else, they're simply going to take your money. I first made them compete on the new car bidding and then again on the trade. In the end, the dealer I figured would be th most motivated was and won the sale after being in second place overall going into face-to-face negotiations.

Happy hunting.

does the 319.89 include licensing costs, registration fees, and taxes?

the quote I got so far is..

2018 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium package
MSRP 33335
Sales Price:30489
12000 miles/year
$3099 down + DMV
$235/month + tax

YES. The $319.89 a month includes everything. (fees, taxes, etc.) First month payment ($319.89) due at delivery/signing.

YES. The $319.89 a month includes everything. (fees, taxes, etc.) First month payment ($319.89) due at delivery/signing.

I walked out with my new lease and didn't have to give them one red cent. It looked like they gave me the first month free, but I know that couldn't be!! It must have been rolled in somehow, but I couldn't discover it in the paperwork.

Has anyone else completed a lease and not had to pay the first month up front?

AWD, under 5K miles, man, has it had its first oil change yet?!? Was this a dealer loaner, I assume?
Things brand new. Not sure why they're calling it CPO though. Should have full factory warranty now. Assume they're throwing in additional warranty and that's why it's CPO certified?
A good price on a new one I'd say is $26,000. So you're getting 3 grand off for 5,000 miles. That's a deal imo.
/Edit/ If it hasn't had an oil change make sure they do one for free.

I've been considering a CPO 2017 Touring AWD with 4.5k miles for $23.5k. Is this a good deal?
Avg good. Almost new cars are hard to justify for certain brands. If it was a Buick you could get some more discounts. A new 18 Touring AWD will be 25.xx. A new 17 if you can find it should be 24.xx
It becomes a good deal if its exact combo you want. Color trim etc.

Looking to buy 2018 Sport by the end of July. Got quote MSRP $27040 on AWD Soul Red. Quote $25010 includes $1000 rebate and $500 dealer cash. Discount only $530. DC and rebate = $2030 off MSRP. DC does not have to be disclosed. It's not customer cash. This is how the imports move inventory before the next model year begins to arrive. Anyone have knowledge on current dealer cash?

BTW, I am new to this forum. I registerd earlier in the week and I had to register again for second time this week. What's up with that?

Would you PM me the dealer. I got a final quote for 2018 CX5 GT AWD premium package

$1000 down, $350/month for 12,000 miles including tax, tag, title and everything.

Seems like $320/month inclusive of everything is a good deal!

I didn't get the premium package option. $1395 additional. It looks like you should be around 335month with first month payment down. I also purchased in Del.

Hey all, new to the forum. Originally was looking into CRV EX, but with all the oil dilution issues I*ve read about, I looked into the CX-5. Test drove a touring the other day and really liked it. Just wish the touring had XM and CarPlay.

Since I was upfront and said I wasn*t going to buy anything, dealer gave me some crappy quotes.
2018 Touring in White
Price of car: 26000 included dest fee
1124 for dealer add-ons (refuses to take these off or even order a 2019 without all their add-ons)
OTD was a little over 30k

I think realistically I should be able to get the price of the car down to 23500-24000 so my OTD is around 27k. Really want CarPlay as a feature without paying more to retrofit it. Also, the new 2019 Rav-4 looks pretty sweet, but always a gamble with new models and was wanting to buy before end of the year when there are some better deals on the 2018s

Last edited:
^^ You should be able to do atleast 10% off msrp for CX5 in Touring / GT trim. Take the MSRP chuck off 8-10% do the taxes + title. You can ofcourse get an accessory or two free as well.
Once you have decided on the CX5 you can ask for quotes on email.
If you are a value buyer stick to 17s if possible. As 19 CX5 might come out with a Turbo - it is underpowered on freeway since its geared for low end so the Turbo might make people crazy and you will pay around sticker for it but it will be a great all round car.

Yeah based on some of the prices people have paid for touring and AWD touring (I was looking at FWD), people have been able to get the price down to about 24k for the car, so if they are really motivated to get rid of the 2018s before end of the year, I feel I can hopefully push them to go to 24k. Being in Phoenix, AZ there are a lot of dealers around, so I will try to get them to bid against each other.

If they won't go down all the way, then I will ask for some accessories or maintenance. Was looking at cargo tray and cover, and possibly roof rails could sweeten the pot.

Back