What did you pay for your CX-5?

I am getting ready to negotiate for a new Signature CX-5. Excuse the naive question, but I notice that many folks are purchasing for less than invoice. How is that possible putting incentives aside?

2019 CX-5 Sport AWD with Activsense package ($625) and factory hitch (Part: $450) installed. Only incentives available were 0.9% APR or 1st lease payment covered.

MSRP 27,695
Selling price 25,803

Last edited:
I am getting ready to negotiate for a new Signature CX-5. Excuse the naive question, but I notice that many folks are purchasing for less than invoice. How is that possible putting incentives aside?

There is nothing like Invoice pricing. Its not official unless it comes from Mazda and is on their website for everyone to see. What is official is MSRP - it includes your car / trim / options and delivery. Now a large dealer may get a better deal from the manufacturer and may have bonuses tied to sales. So if your purchase puts him in a rebate category - that earns him $25000, ofcourse he will knock off another 1000 off your price. Or if he has an odd trim color combo that is on the lot for 9 months - he can deal with you.
I never trust invoice price - it does exist for me. Ignore it -only look at MSRP and sale price (Taxes and title vary by state).

Purchased 2019 CX-5 Signature Deep Crystal Blue MC in mid-July 2019 - sticker was $39,695 less discounts of $5,284 for an adjusted price of $34,411 add closing fee of $225 and tag transfer of $72 for a total of $34,708. Mine included all weather floor mats, illuminated doorsill trim plates, rear bumper guard, roof rack side rails, wheel locks and front & rear bumper trim package. Not a bad price I think for all the bells and whistles compared to foreign luxury SUVs

Purchased 2019 CX-5 Signature Deep Crystal Blue MC in mid-July 2019 - sticker was $39,695 less discounts of $5,284 for an adjusted price of $34,411 add closing fee of $225 and tag transfer of $72 for a total of $34,708. Mine included all weather floor mats, illuminated doorsill trim plates, rear bumper guard, roof rack side rails, wheel locks and front & rear bumper trim package. Not a bad price I think for all the bells and whistles compared to foreign luxury SUVs

How did you manage $5,284 discounts, if I may ask? That's outstanding.

How did you manage $5,284 discounts, if I may ask? That's outstanding.

13%. Id like to see the breakdown myself, but some of us have been saying all along this is highly doable. I have basically the same deal on the table currently and havent pulled the trigger. Have no intentions too, either.

13%. I*d like to see the breakdown myself, but some of us have been saying all along this is highly doable. I have basically the same deal on the table currently and haven*t pulled the trigger. Have no intentions too, either.

What's your breakdown? Where does this stuff come from? And are you expecting better? Waiting for the 20s to cheapen the 19s?

13%. I*d like to see the breakdown myself, but some of us have been saying all along this is highly doable. I have basically the same deal on the table currently and haven*t pulled the trigger. Have no intentions too, either.

is that with $750 loyalty and $1,000 cash back? I wish people would understand that these numbers are needed to compare pricing

is that with $750 loyalty and $1,000 cash back? I wish people would understand that these numbers are needed to compare pricing

It is highly doable with customer loyalty, cash back and a great mom & pop dealership who values their customers. They even got the car from another dealership 70 miles away. Plus too much inventory maybe? We test drove at one local dealership and all they wanted was to give the normal loyalty and cash back discounts on a car with a lower sticker price. We walked away and drove 150 miles to the mom & pop dealership and got a heck of a deal on a car with more stuff. This deal was negotiated first on the CX-5 before telling them we wanted to trade our 2018 Audi Q5 (a whole other story). No taxes were involved since the Audi was valued higher than the CX-5, and they paid us money at the table.

It is highly doable with customer loyalty, cash back and a great mom & pop dealership who values their customers. They even got the car from another dealership 70 miles away. Plus too much inventory maybe? We test drove at one local dealership and all they wanted was to give the normal loyalty and cash back discounts on a car with a lower sticker price. We walked away and drove 150 miles to the mom & pop dealership and got a heck of a deal on a car with more stuff. This deal was negotiated first on the CX-5 before telling them we wanted to trade our 2018 Audi Q5 (a whole other story). No taxes were involved since the Audi was valued higher than the CX-5, and they paid us money at the table.

so basically 9% off MSRP without the loyalty and cash back. That's inline with what others have gotten. Many chose the .9% financing

First time Mazda buyer here. Got the dealer down to $26,854 out the door for a touring AWD CX-5. That breaks down to:

$26,154 price
- $1000 Mazda cash
+ $350 dealer doc fee
+ $300 dealer reg fee
+ $1050 taxes

Think I could go for lower or is this a good price?

First time Mazda buyer here. Got the dealer down to $26,854 out the door for a touring AWD CX-5. That breaks down to:

$26,154 price
- $1000 Mazda cash
+ $350 dealer doc fee
+ $300 dealer reg fee
+ $1050 taxes

Think I could go for lower or is this a good price?

Assuming this is a 2019, price seems reasonable for a Touring. In general, no escaping the doc fee. Almost every car brand and dealership foists it upon the buyer just before signing paperwork. The $300 reg fee may be high, but that also depends on the state you live in.

First time Mazda Buyer here. Got a quote for a 2019 CX-5 GT FWD for $27,390 (including $1,000 rebate and not including tax or fees).

How does this sound?

Back