I-Stop on Manual sometimes kicks in just as clutch re-engages

:
2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica
As per the title. This is a nuisance for me on my 2017 2.2 manual.

Just on the odd occasion just as you approach traffic lights of a roundabout the I-Stop suddenly kicks in whilst your left foot is bringing up the clutch pedal to re-engage. Doesn't happen very often and the car doesn't have to be in neutral for it to happen. When it does you are suddenly sat there at the junction and it refuses to restart by me simply pressing-releasing clutch or accelerator. Or just as you release the clutch pedal it springs into life and in panic where I'm trying to get life from the engine the left foot is coming up too quickly and the car lurches forwards.

Previous was an automatic and this was never a problem. It not only happens to me when driving either, wife gets the same and now is reluctant to drive it.

Is this a known issue?

Alex.

I never had that problem, but I would wait at lights in gear with the clutch depressed to prevent istop working.

I would suggest getting it looked at. i-Stop is supposed to only kick in once you have reached a complete stop and are on the brake for atleast 1-2 seconds.

I would suggest getting it looked at. i-Stop is supposed to only kick in once you have reached a complete stop and are on the brake for atleast 1-2 seconds.

I've booked it in. I-Stop kicks in sometimes when the brake hasn't even been depressed such as approaching lights in second when they're changing and I slip into first gear to pull away. Very dangerous.

I've booked it in. I-Stop kicks in sometimes when the brake hasn't even been depressed such as approaching lights in second when they're changing and I slip into first gear to pull away. Very dangerous.
(iagree)

Also goes against the name i-Stop

Back