Winter Tire Set

Decided to go with the Contis...really quiet tire, just a tad louder than the stock tires.

attachment.php
View attachment 217753
attachment.php

I gotta tell ya, after running these for a few days, I dare say these tires are quieter and smoother than the Yokos that came with the car. Far quieter than the Blizzaks I had on previously. I just hope they wear well.

I gotta tell ya, after running these for a few days, I dare say these tires are quieter and smoother than the Yokos that came with the car. Far quieter than the Blizzaks I had on previously. I just hope they wear well.

Thx for the update -- I got these tires too but haven't mounted them to the car yet.

Thx for the update -- I got these tires too but haven't mounted them to the car yet.

Very popular winter tire choice, three very near neighbours also chose Continental WinterContact SI; for Golf TDI, Golf R and Civic sedan. The Civic guy is having his set put on today.

Hey y'all!

I'm stuck on which size wheel to purchase for a winter combo. (2016 CX5 Sport AWD)

I have OEM 225/65 R17 (+50 offset) and was told that going with a smaller wheel/tire, 225/70 R16 (+45 offset), would be better for snow. The taller sidewall with the 16's would protect the rim better and give more flex. (I'm not concerned with the price difference of the two)

Is there going to be a big performance difference going with the 16's than 17's?

Finally getting some snowy/icy conditions around and here and the ski resorts are opening so I swapped on the X-ICE XI2s. These are mounted on 17" Radius WI15's from tirerack.

I ordered them with the OEM pressure sensors installed, and the car didn't seem to notice any change (no warning lights or anything). This is a 2017 CX-5.

I don't detect any difference in terms of ride or noise relative to the OEM 19's (which are Yoko A36).

Only bummer - the openings for the lug nuts on these are smaller than the OEM wheels. Tirerack included a 'skinny' socket that fits, but now I need to carry that around along with a separate wrench because the lug wrench that came with the car won't fit into these new wheels.

Hello All
Im planning to buy Blizzak DM-V2 (225/65R17) (From costco, promotion of 70$ discount till 31-Dec).
for RIMS I'm choosing 17 inch Steel. The costco chart shows the model as X99715N. (https://www.costco.ca/wcsstore/Cost...chment/SteelWheels+FitmentGuide_Sept-2017.pdf) Page 29 of 53
Any one have any comments on the rims choosen. Im worried will it have any impact on TPMS. Please comment. I have already ordered the tires online. Will wait for some input from experienced members before ordering the rims,
Mine is a 2016 CS5 GT.

Regards

Those tires are great. I just put them on. How much are the steel wheels?
This doesn't affect your TPMS. They use a different system on 16. The sensors are in the hub not the wheel. We are lucky in that respect.

Those tires are great. I just put them on. How much are the steel wheels?
This doesn't affect your TPMS. They use a different system on 16. The sensors are in the hub not the wheel. We are lucky in that respect.

Thanks for your input. Bridgestone - Blizzak DM-V2 cost 682 CAD and the Steel 17inch rims costing 271 CAD. So totally around 950 CAD

cheers

Glad to have the indirect TPMS on my CX. One can always outfit their pre-'17 CX with direct sensors if they want PSI readings. Fortunately I have access to Toyota Techstream for my GX and can program the codes on tire swaps. It only holds one set w/spare at a time.

Happy with the DM-V2s on my CX. I bought used with black steel wheels for around $500-$600 IIRC. Tires only had about 1000 miles (1609 km) on them.

Hello All
Im planning to buy Blizzak DM-V2 (225/65R17) (From costco, promotion of 70$ discount till 31-Dec).
for RIMS I'm choosing 17 inch Steel. The costco chart shows the model as X99715N. (https://www.costco.ca/wcsstore/Cost...chment/SteelWheels+FitmentGuide_Sept-2017.pdf) Page 29 of 53
Any one have any comments on the rims choosen. Im worried will it have any impact on TPMS. Please comment. I have already ordered the tires online. Will wait for some input from experienced members before ordering the rims,
Mine is a 2016 CS5 GT.

Regards

You need the X47567 wheel (in the adjacent column) instead of the X99715N. Mazda uses a hubcentric mounting with a 67.1 mm hub. Check out the more detailed info at the bottom of pages 49 and 53. If you use the X99715N wheel you will need centering rings to reduce down to 67.1 mm.

You need the X47567 wheel (in the adjacent column) instead of the X99715N. Mazda uses a hubcentric mounting with a 67.1 mm hub. Check out the more detailed info at the bottom of pages 49 and 53. If you use the X99715N wheel you will need centering rings to reduce down to 67.1 mm.

Thanks a lot Brillo54. I did notice it later on and placed the order for X47567 with Costco. Appreciate the forum members.. HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Thanks a lot Brillo54. I did notice it later on and placed the order for X47567 with Costco. Appreciate the forum members.. HAPPY NEW YEAR...

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy your new winter setup. Happy New Year to all as well.

I do not see rust on the wheel nuts itself but in the wheel hub centre stuff. It is very common to see some rust along the centre wheel hub thingy (sorry do not know the technical name for it). I usually apply some aluminium or coppar paste around it,) it is just cosmetic. I presume you have a lot of salt spreading on the road.

I do not see rust on the wheel nuts itself but in the wheel hub centre stuff. It is very common to see some rust along the centre wheel hub thingy (sorry do not know the technical name for it). I usually apply some aluminium or coppar paste around it,) it is just cosmetic. I presume you have a lot of salt spreading on the road.

Thanks raj55, Yes we have tons of salt on the roads here in Canada.

I picked up a set of 17" '16 CX-5 rims on CL today. Basically perfect shape for $200. Gonna sell my 16" on black steelies next winter as the Blizzaks still have lots of meat for someone else. I'm gonna pick up a new set of DM-V2s for these rims come fall.

Back