E-Brake vs. Brake Hold?

:
2016.5 Touring w/Tech
Okay, what's the difference? Was caught in a stop-and-go cue this last weekend where I was using the e-brake to stop the car for minutes at a time before driving forward a few feet. Worked well. All I had to do was tap the accelerator to disengage and pretty much just coasted/idled forward until I stepped on the brakes and then used the e-brake to hold. I understand the 2017 has added a brake hold feature, but I'm not sure how it's any different than how I just used the e-brake. What am I missing?

Auto Hold function for Electrical Parking Brake on 2017 CX-5 basically will do one more thing for you if you push the switch and turn it on - activates the EPB automatically when the car is in complete hold. The rest is the same - step on gas pedal and the EPB releases automatically.

Auto Hold function for Electrical Parking Brake on 2017 CX-5 basically will do one more thing for you if you push the switch and turn it on - activates the EPB automatically when the car is in complete hold. The rest is the same - step on gas pedal and the EPB releases automatically.

I imagine the auto brake hold will also keep the brake lights on for you?

Ah, thanks. So essentially it just means you don't have to apply the EPB manually, but when "on" it will automatically engage any time you stop?

I assume I'm not doing anything damaging by using the EPB as I did.

Back