2017~2024 Anyway to roll down the back windows all the way?

llostboyzz

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 AWD
Hi all,

Quick question, is there a way to roll down the back windows all the way down? Or is there a trick in doing so?
Appreciate it someone knows!

I believe it's a mechanism limitation within the door or more likely a power window mechanism limitation on this 2017 model

In every car I’ve owned the rear windows didn’t go all the way down. I just figured it’s normal.

Hi all,

Quick question, is there a way to roll down the back windows all the way down? Or is there a trick in doing so?
Appreciate it someone knows!
Unfortunately nobody can make this happen unless you get another vehicle which is designed to do so!

I believe it's a mechanism limitation within the door or more likely a power window mechanism limitation on this 2017 model
No its the limition of physical door shape. Theres simply no room to let the window all the way down if the bottom-rear side of the door curved in too much.

Seriously? Does the OP think that there's a 'special' way to operate the window controls that would allow the back windows to go all the way down?

Don't gen 1 rear windows go all the way down? I've had other vehicles that did the same.

Having said that, maybe OP is thinking of the child safety locks on the rears that prevent lowering beyond a certain height?

In every car Ive owned the rear windows didnt go all the way down. I just figured its normal.
Most vehicles weve owned can roll the rear door window all the way down. Even our 2016 CX-5 can do it! We had a 1974 Chevy Impala Hard Top the rear window rolling down with multiple directions and managed to get it all the way down!

There will always be trolls in every thread nowadays. But thank you to those who had meaningful replies! Appreciate it.

Generally pretty much all new cars (please feel free to point out exceptions) either have this limitation due to the arch for the wheel well not allowing the space for the window to go down, or the vehicles with windows that go down have a small triangular fixed part of the window at the rear, and that allows for the narrower window to go all the way down. It is not a "child safety" thing as many people say.

it maybe a combination of door shape and a "safety feature". Even cars that can have the rear glass go down all the way, have the windows stop with 6-8" of glass remaining to help keep children safe and prevent them from sticking arms and heads out of the window.

Very few cars allow the rear windows to go down all the way and I believe it was started at a rear occupant (child) safety feature/selling point. The same with child locks on the rear doors.

Right I think the only exception is the large suv like Suburban where the rear wheels are far enough back that the door is unaffected.

Right I think the only exception is the large suv like Suburban where the rear wheels are far enough back that the door is unaffected.

Mazda 6 allows all windows to go down into the door.

Back