No CD Player Available in new 2017 Mazda CX-5

No CD Player in vehicle - Does this make a difference to you?

• Total voters
Same, my 6 has them.

Why would mazda get rid of the dial for select countries? So you can’t close the vents? That doesn’t make any sense.

BK Mazda 3's are the same

Agreed. But they did.

Wish my CX-5 had the dials. One of my very few complaints.

Only thing to do is when not using HVAC, to turn the vents down so they face the floor

Yes very disappointing for me as well that there is no CD Player.

It is somewhat disappointing for me. Though to be honest, I've been using Spotify straight for half a year now, so I can't really say I was using the CD player. I do use the CD player during road trips though and I like the better sound quality out of it.

I have a long drive from my home in a small town to the city and I have listened to CD books for years. My Honda Accord which I am now selling had a 6 CD changer.
My view is that Mazda should come out with a solution to this problem even if it means buying an accessory that plugs in to the many connections. I have also read in the Mazda CX5 quick start manual that using a USB stick to copy the CD down to does not work because the USB starts at the beginning each time the vehicle is turned off.

If anyone has a solution I would love to know about it:
What did you buy and how did you connect to audio. How did you get around the skip back to beginning problem.

Thanks

Solution is to petition Mazda NO HQ to put back cd player for update.

For me, since the CD player is going like the cassette player before, doesn't bother me as I am not to fussed about having my music on a thumb drive

Solution is to petition Mazda NO HQ to put back cd player for update.

For me, since the CD player is going like the cassette player before, doesn't bother me as I am not to fussed about having my music on a thumb drive
But they have CD players in some regions like ours. Hence maybe they can ask Mazda how they can purchase and install the CD player.

But they have CD players in some regions like ours. Hence maybe they can ask Mazda how they can purchase and install the CD player.
The problem is the way Mazda designed it, it’s going to be an almost impossible proposition to add a CD player due to the use of different large and expensive upper dash panels!

BTW, do you get CD player and center dash vent open/close dial control in the Philippines?

The whole dashboard needs replacing or atleast the current one cut and the back end changes in order to accommodate it

That is correct. The pictures and video of a Japan market version show their local Japan market model retaining the CD/DVD slot.

US/CANADA get none...

Interested in also seeing about other markets like Australia and UK.

Hi guys,

New to the forum.
Located on the Gold Coast, Australia.

Just bought a new 2018 GT yesterday and today l was going thru the setting of the 'Entertainment' tab and noticed there was no CD player.
Totally shattered!

Didn't expect to have to question whether a 45K car has a CD player.

Likes so far - Just about everything in it, except.

Dislikes so far - No CD player.
Having to turn off I-Stop everytime l start it up.
Thought that the car would give a driver the option of having it on or off, permanently, like a Q5.

Still learning whats in it or not.

Have set up the Active digital speedo and cranked up the brightness.
It works great without sunglasses on, not so with them on.

Look forward to any comments / advice members have.
Cheers,
OKB

Same, my 6 has them.

Why would mazda get rid of the dial for select countries? So you cant close the vents? That doesnt make any sense.
Just looked back through the posts.
I don't get it either.
My new 2017 M6 has a CD player and the dials in the centre vents.
I thought the interiors of the CX-5 and M6 were essentially the same.? I guess not.
This is one silly move on Mazda's part. Makes no sense.

Hi guys,

New to the forum.
Located on the Gold Coast, Australia.

Just bought a new 2018 GT yesterday and today l was going thru the setting of the 'Entertainment' tab and noticed there was no CD player.
Totally shattered!

Didn't expect to have to question whether a 45K car has a CD player.

Likes so far - Just about everything in it, except.

Dislikes so far - No CD player.
Having to turn off I-Stop everytime l start it up.
Thought that the car would give a driver the option of having it on or off, permanently, like a Q5.

Still learning whats in it or not.

Have set up the Active digital speedo and cranked up the brightness.
It works great without sunglasses on, not so with them on.

Look forward to any comments / advice members have.
Cheers,
OKB
CD player had been missing since day one of 2017 model.

As for i-stop, just place a piece of paper or cardboard between the button and surrounding area after you turn it off and the next time you start it up, shouldn't come back on.

Also congratulations :)

Just looked back through the posts.
I don't get it either.
My new 2017 M6 has a CD player and the dials in the centre vents.
I thought the interiors of the CX-5 and M6 were essentially the same.? I guess not.
This is one silly move on Mazda's part. Makes no sense.
This is my pet gripe. Should be uniformity of all features for all countries!

Thanks to this thread, after 2 years I realized my 2016 CX5 GT has a CD player.

This is my pet gripe. Should be uniformity of all features for all countries!

I disagree, people near the equator don't need heated seats and steering wheel, while Canadians apparently need different engine mounts.

I disagree, people near the equator don't need heated seats and steering wheel, while Canadians apparently need different engine mounts.

Yes but what they do is remove other features which would be beneficial. Different engine mounts is something that is below the surface that many if not all consumers wouldn't notice. This can be selective

Chop and changing is always at the disadvantage of the consumer in the relevant country.

Case in point - i-Eloop should be standard everywhere and helps fuel efficiency yet only Europe gets it.

I say all features everywhere regardless if they are needed or not. Therefore no country's consumer looses out

Yes but what they do is remove other features which would be beneficial. Different engine mounts is something that is below the surface that many if not all consumers wouldn't notice. This can be selective

Chop and changing is always at the disadvantage of the consumer in the relevant country.

Case in point - i-Eloop should be standard everywhere and helps fuel efficiency yet only Europe gets it.

I say all features everywhere regardless if they are needed or not. Therefore no country's consumer looses out

So everyone should get cylinder deactivation? A bunch of Americans seem unhappy about getting it.

I don't want paddle shifters.

So everyone should get cylinder deactivation? A bunch of Americans seem unhappy about getting it.

This is coming everywhere regardless if one likes it or not.

I don't want paddle shifters.

What ever you don't want, you get them just don't use them. Simple, problem solved.

Why would you turn off the istop? It’s there to improve fuel consumption and emissions. I’m not a tree hugger but I think that turning that off shouldn’t even be an option and if you only give it chance you will find it makes no difference to your driving whatsoever.

Why would you turn off the istop? It’s there to improve fuel consumption and emissions. I’m not a tree hugger but I think that turning that off shouldn’t even be an option and if you only give it chance you will find it makes no difference to your driving whatsoever.
There are some people who hate it or don't like being dictated by car companies

There are some people who hate it or don't like being dictated by car companies

Absolutely but it isn’t the car company that drives it. It’s a bit of respect for the environment and anything else that shares it. I didn’t have this view not long ago but when you see what’s happening to the ice and then look at 10 lanes of traffic and imagine how much fuel is involved it’s no big deal to let the engine shut down at idle. I didn’t like it at first because I didn’t like the idea of an engine being asked to take power from stopped with no oil circulating etc. It was a mechanical dislike but modern engines operate with virtually no gaps and oil is always present after the initial start up. My new CX-5 has done about 8500 and so far istop has increased the range by getting up 100 miles. That’s 100 miles free motoring and 100 miles less fuel and emissions as a direct result of an automatic process that made no difference to my driving. Just my opinion.

Maybe lm old school but to have an engine turn on and off a 100 times a day must cause a lot of wear and tear.

I see a lot of extra costs for future maintenance here so lm trying to reduce any wear from the onset.

Back