NEMOC Random BS Thread

Look what I did this weekend in CT

22365510_10155174269887476_7212237582825879255_n.jpg

So at Saturday’s autox I lost one of my 2 radiator fans, no biggie, got another and the we’re both wired to come on together. Next time out, I check my temp gauge and the temperatures are rising and not cooling down. Lift the hood and check the other fan has quit! Long story short, one of the blades backed off (1st fan that quit) next time out that blade, now free, rolled into the working one and knocked that one off! I was able to get one back on to get home, after some first degree burns to the forearm! [emoji15]

Last edited:
That sucks Mark. Had a similar issue this summer when a trailer wire hot sucked into mine.

Is the engine ok? I assume this was on the Mazdaspeed.

Ouch Mark, hope those burns aren't too bad.

Congrats Kyle!!! Way to go for donating the hair too!

That sucks Mark. Had a similar issue this summer when a trailer wire hot sucked into mine.

Is the engine ok? I assume this was on the Mazdaspeed.

Ya, it was the red car, no issues with the motor temps never went over 220. Usual runs 197-207

Ouch! Heal up buddy. You're retired now, gotta take it easy!

I've been working on the truck the last week or so. Mostly just tinkering with the tuning software and learning as I go. I think I've got a vacuum leak though. The vacuum reading is pretty steady, but when I get to high vacuum situations, the motor leans out and stalls. I checked the timing and fuel tables and there's no reason it should be doing that. I'm going to disconnect the brake booster and see if it still happens. It does seem to happen more often when I am slowing down for a stop light.

It's also quite touchy at lower RPM but once I'm above 2,000 it cruises nicely and then has a chainsaw-like bark when I open the throttle. No idea whether it makes more power, the truck certainly doesn't need it. In fact, this is way too much throttle body for the motor. There is virtually no change in acceleration between 30% and 100% throttle. However the direct fire ignition doesn't quit at 7,000 RPM like the old setup. I set the rev limiter to 8,000 and it pulls hard right up to it. I can also richen up the mixture quite easily and I know the stock carb ran pretty lean. I might be able to mess with the ignition timing too but for now I have it configured the same way the stock distributor would have ran the motor so I can sort out all the other issues.

adaptronic.jpg

What Chris said, take it easy out there. On the other hand, chicks dig scars. [emoji6]

The replacements Jeff?

Been a hectic week. Getting the rig ready, my back going out, Mary getting a burn on her foot, hot water, fixing a wiring issue with the rear lights on Mia. We FINALLY hit the road this morning and are in Central Square NY.

Jeff, I know we talked LEDS for the brakelights last year but I never bit the bullet. Mary was following me and noticed that one of my brake lights were out. I assumed a bulb and went to my local CT store and they had LED's for Mia.

Picked up a set but found the issue was with my trailer wiring with a loose butt connector. But the LEDs are great, 30 bucks CDN.

Hope to arrive in Pensacola Friday

The replacements Jeff?

Been a hectic week. Getting the rig ready, my back going out, Mary getting a burn on her foot, hot water, fixing a wiring issue with the rear lights on Mia. We FINALLY hit the road this morning and are in Central Square NY.

Jeff, I know we talked LEDS for the brakelights last year but I never bit the bullet. Mary was following me and noticed that one of my brake lights were out. I assumed a bulb and went to my local CT store and they had LED's for Mia.

Picked up a set but found the issue was with my trailer wiring with a loose butt connector. But the LEDs are great, 30 bucks CDN.

Safe travels old man!![emoji6]

The replacements Jeff?

Lost me there Bruce, replacements?

Damn, you and Mary both deserve some R&R!!! Feel better and safe travels!

Glad you are liking the LEDs. Now you just need the TapTurn module so you can run LEDs in the turn signals with no resistors.

Back