2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

Cx5 sells well. Even Hyundai and Kia sell better as they offer much better value and luxury. Mazda needs to up its marketing game.

Cx5 sells well. Even Hyundai and Kia sell better as they offer much better value and luxury. Mazda needs to up its marketing game.

Hyundai/Kia is a huge company. 4th largest automaker in the world. Bigger than Ford and Nissan. Mazda is 15th.

With Kia and Hyundai I have to disagree with the luxury aspect over Mazda...as for value and the warranty yes I agree. I drove a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL for 3K KMs last July for 2 wks and while the engine was powerful and smooth and had lots of nice features which proves why it sells quite well (value for money) it drove like a boat didn't inspire any confidence driving in corners and screamed of cheapness on the materials in the cabin and dash and the suspension was jarring...definitely the CX9 drove better and had more "luxury". Am not generalizing here but just stating based from the comparison between those 2 models...even if you look at the current CX5 the materials inside look more premium than a Tucson.

Hyundai not per se but checkout any kia offerings right from optima cadenza sportage and sorento. The quality and luxury is a class above Hyundai and the Japanese. Mazda is definitely slightly more luxurious. I shouldn't have included Hyundai. They are still not there yet in luxury.

We are not talking reliability yet but kia and Hyundai are leaps ahead of Mazda now.

Last edited:
With Kia and Hyundai I have to disagree with the luxury aspect over Mazda...as for value and the warranty yes I agree. I drove a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL for 3K KMs last July for 2 wks and while the engine was powerful and smooth and had lots of nice features which proves why it sells quite well (value for money) it drove like a boat didn't inspire any confidence driving in corners and screamed of cheapness on the materials in the cabin and dash and the suspension was jarring...definitely the CX9 drove better and had more "luxury". Am not generalizing here but just stating based from the comparison between those 2 models...even if you look at the current CX5 the materials inside look more premium than a Tucson.

Agreed mazdas chassis is brilliant, it floats like a luxo car over smooth pavement. Fit and finish, materials are build quality are all impeccable.

Why? Is that a rule? I am an auto and motorcycle enthusiast and I test pretty much everything out there. I am a much harsher critic of Toyota after owning 3 of them.

The problem I have with posters like you, and this forum has lots of them, is that lack of any useful information. Just complaints about what Mazda model X does not have. Nothing useful.

Are Mazda cars 100% perfect? No, not even close. They make a product that most people on this forum have purchased because they fit their needs. No need to harp about the features a given model does not have.

Harping is right. As I want those features so that much more than 3000 people buy then a month.

Hyundai/Kia is a huge company. 4th largest automaker in the world. Bigger than Ford and Nissan. Mazda is 15th.

And it basically has an entire country to its own. Just returned from 2 weeks in Korea and you barely see another car make. Must be nice to have that market all to yourself.

The problem I have with posters like you, and this forum has lots of them, is that lack of any useful information. Just complaints about what Mazda model X does not have. Nothing useful.

These are the types of postings that are deterring me from reading and participating in forums like this as I mostly see gripes and complaints while I would rather read more useful information such as user experiences and/or tech stuff or even tips. I don't mind sharing opinions every once in a while but sometimes the threads become attacks and it just turns me off. I know I won't get my wishes but if most postings are negatives more and more owners of Mazda might just be turned off from the forum. If this happens it's too bad as owners like me would like to continue getting useful and relevant info and vice versa (sharing useful info as well).

Last edited:

Welcome to the internet.
They make a product that most people on this forum have purchased because they fit their needs. No need to harp about the features a given model does not have.
You are joking, right? If something doesn't suit my needs, I should just sit down and shut up, and buy something else? How do car companies, or any companies, know how their products are falling short if they don't get any feedback (which sometimes comes in the form of complaints)? Should everyone just have shut up about New Coke and switched to Pepsi instead?

Last edited:
You are missing the point of forums. They are useful to me know the problems with the vehicles before and after I own them.

Welcome to the internet.

You are joking, right? If something doesn't suit my needs, I should just sit down and shut up, and buy something else? How do car companies, or any companies, know how their products are falling short if they don't get any feedback (which sometimes comes in the form of complaints)? Should everyone just have shut up about New Coke and switched to Pepsi instead?

No, if the car does not suit your needs, don't buy it. Go tell the company instead of continually whining on this forum.

No, if the car does not suit your needs, don't buy it. Go tell the company instead of continually whining on this forum.

You have the forum mantra backwards..

Last edited:

Companies read these forums. They are going to get way more feedback here then they will waiting for correspondence from Johnny Letter as to why he chose not to go with Mazda.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but automakers do not read internet forums for customer feedback. By definition, we are a extremely small subset of actual owners - people who have already purchased cars are not their concern (this is true for any car company). They already have your money.

They don't read these forums. Occasionally a company tech jumps on the forum and provides some answers - I think a Mazda tech was on this once... this is a owners and interested buyers forum. CrazyBiker - do you actively read and contribute on the Mazda6 and the Sorrento forums? You don't own a CX9 and from the sound of your complaints, will never own one..

Back