What have you done to your CX-5 today?

What? Why? The tensioner is like $100. Is the labor really $300?
I will check the price on the parts and will let you know.

Tensioner seems to be a problematic part. I replaced mine, I think Chris did as well, and so did tibimakai, and I'm sure plenty of others have as well.
Interesting. I think Mazda should consider covering it under the powertrain warranty.

Interesting. I think Mazda should consider covering it under the powertrain warranty.

Completely agree. Would help some. Not me, mine was replace around 70k miles. Now I periodically inspect the new one to see if it is leaking at all.

But it does seem to be a problematic part for sure. Curious if the Gen 2's have an improved tensioner?

Chris, you have 130k on your car?

Damn, how did you know I just hit it like 2 days ago
51392696_10161271797975487_3815581424585539584_n.jpg

My Nightbreaker Unlimited's arrived.

The one on the left is the new purchase, Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited. The one on the right is OEM Phillips, with 104k miles use. Car is canted, not lights.*
51268270_10100147401878851_7094401566211309568_o.jpg

You can only hack Android Auto on it. Car Play needs to be officially installed.

I heard the new 2019 Mazda8 has the new 8.8 inch screen and is Linux based. Comes with Carplay/Android auto of course.

40K mile service for the wife's CX-5 last Saturday, well 41K to be exact. Turns out the piston on the belt tensioner was leaking. That was fixed but it was costly at almost $400 for parts and labor. Unfortunately it wasn't covered by the powertrain warranty because it is supposedly a wear item. I still think that is stupid, especially a part that is leaking at only 41K miles, but whatever I wouldn't be able to fix it on my own anyway. The car does feel better to drive after though. Getting close to getting the CX-5 paid off which is exciting!

I got the belt tensioner covered under warranty for my 3rd gen Mazda6 recently. For future reference, contact Mazda USA first prior to getting warranty work denied at local dealer. These tensioners are known to leak in higher rates in Mazda6's than in CX-5's. Then again the dudes that I know own 3rd gen Mazda6's drive their car very hard. Including myself.

Saw a brand new Blazer on the highway today. It looked very aggressive in person. Also the oem wheels were a good size/tire profile and offset. The way it sat looked more like tasteful aftermarket than OEM.

The Blazer looks good. The Durango looked good as well.
I will probably never buy an American car, but I have to recognize, what is nice.

coated (with VHT) some cheap rotor/pad kit I got from ebay for $136. Now they have a set for $100.
zMUNyGS.jpg

About to buy a CX5 and got two good competing offers. Anything perks I can ask from the dealer? One offered extra oil changes.

Back