2017~2024 Finally I'm A 2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner

We have a pretty short rush hour in Cleveland and there's zero congestion outside those times. One perk of living here.

Not sure where you are exactly but I’ve heard that Sydney and Melbourne get pretty clogged up traffic wise so trying to get any speed up means getting way out of the urban center. Here in Seattle our freeways are mostly parking lots. It’s typical of most metro areas these days.

In Manila we stay at a hotel right across from the airport. We can see the active runways. It takes 45-60 minutes to get to the terminal. That’s a extreme example. Bangkok is horrid as well Jakarta is the same.

Traffic can become clogged up during peak specically the main aterial roads.

My area doesn't get that bad but seems peak time in mornings are from 6/6:30am to 10:00am and afternoons are 2:30pmish-6:30/7:00pm

Traffic can become clogged up during peak specically the main aterial roads.

My area doesn't get that bad but seems peak time in mornings are from 6/6:30am to 10:00am and afternoons are 2:30pmish-6:30/7:00pm
Wow. Couldn't imagine.

Congrats @Xeler8ing! Now we can hate on you for the features you have on your 2018 that we don't even get....

847895937397c68849e1ca929abe0748.png

Starting with...

- Factory installed and infotainment intergated PDC.
- ALH headlights

Last edited:
Congrats @Xeler8ing! Now we can hate on you for the features you have on your 2018 that we don't even get....

847895937397c68849e1ca929abe0748.png

Starting with...

- Factory installed and infotainment intergated PDC.
- ALH headlights
(lol2) thank you

Awesome [emoji41]. Congrats. Show us how the DRLs look.

Sorry for the delay regarding DRLs - had to wait until a family member was able to drive the CX-5 forward enough for me to take a picture.

As shown by the arrows, our DRL is the halos + LED bulbs adjacent to the main LED ALH lights:

id97q8.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay regarding DRLs - had to wait until a family member was able to drive the CX-5 forward enough for me to take a picture.

As shown by the arrows, our DRL is the halos + LED bulbs adjacent to the main LED ALH lights:

id97q8.jpg

Thanks for that. I’ve seen the DRLs but usually the halos are really dim compared to the inner LED lights. The Halos look brighter on your photos perhaps it’s just the photo or angle. How can you just have the Halos on without the inner LEDs? Just turn on the parkers?

Thanks for that. I’ve seen the DRLs but usually the halos are really dim compared to the inner LED lights. The Halos look brighter on your photos perhaps it’s just the photo or angle. How can you just have the Halos on without the inner LEDs? Just turn on the parkers?
No problem! If you just want halos, turn on the parkers like you said or buy special DRL halo kit from Japan

id97q8.jpg
Here're many different DRL setups on gen-2 CX-5. Higher-trim CX-5's with LED Signature accent strips in Australia and UK keep the "inboard" LED DRLs found on US Touring/Sport. But on US CX-5 the "inboard" DRLs are missing from our GT with LED Signature accent strips. Agree with m8te, your LED Signature accent strips (the halos) do look brighter for some reason.

Yeah, it looks like the Aussie's have an inboard DRL that is not on US spec cars that looks like it is on all the time when driving. But at least it's not the headlights.

attachment.php
Looks like UK has the same setup as Australia.

mazda-cx-5-716.jpg
Although 2017 CX-5 owner's manual says the front turn signal/parking light uses dual-filament 7444NA bulb, but the pictures I took earlier on a 2017 CX-5 GT suggests otherwise:

Light switch at parking light position:
attachment.php

Light switch at headlight on position (low beam):
attachment.php

LED Signature accent strips added on GT partially block turn signal and LED DRL location on Touring/Sport. And you can see how small and dim the turn signal is on GT comparing to Touring/Sport when the headlights are on!

The LED DRL space on Touring/Sport between headlight and amber parking/turn signal looks like unused on GT.

View attachment 217137 View attachment 217136

Here are some pictures from 2017 CX-5 Touring showing whenever DRL function is on, both LED DRLs and LED low-beam headlights are simultaneously on! You can imagine how GT DRLs work by replacing Touring LED DRLs with GT's LED Signature DRLs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's what the front lights look like when light switch is at parking light position without DRL function when car is in stationary:
attachment.php

Here's what the front lights look like when light switch is at headlight-on position without DRL function when car is in stationary:
attachment.php

Finally for 2017 CX-5 Touring the high-beam is from the same LED cell for the low beam in the projector, and use a shutter to control them like 2015 bi-xenon HID. For 2016 LED headlights we have a separate LED cell at inner side of the low beam LED dedicated for high beam only.

View attachment 216512 View attachment 216513 View attachment 216515 View attachment 216514

On my 2017 Touring, I updated the front end with an LED strip which replaces the black strip that sits next to the OEM fog lights. It has a white LED driving light and then it turns to amber when the turn signals or hazards are activated. I also attached a white LED strip above the headlights to spruce it up since it was lacking the "signature" trim.

At night it looks great and really stands out.

Attachments

• Low beam and all lights activated.jpg
    Low beam and all lights activated.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 400
  • Hazards on.jpg
    Hazards on.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 393
More pics

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 389