Radio goes on every time I start the car!

sprintrps

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I always have the radio off. However, EVERY time I start the car (2017 GT) the radio goes on !!! Does not matter whether the car is off for a few minutes or overnite. Press the start button and the radio comes on. I did not see "automatic radio on" as a feature in the brochure! Anyone else have this?

So the real situation is you’re not able to turn it off. That button just mutes it. Then it’s not remembering the mute on state when you restart the vehicle. The solution would be to turn the volume all the way down.

So the real situation is you’re not able to turn it off. That button just mutes it. Then it’s not remembering the mute on state when you restart the vehicle. The solution would be to turn the volume all the way down.

The easy solution, but sounds like maybe a trip to the dealer is in the works.

I always have the radio off. However, EVERY time I start the car (2017 GT) the radio goes on !!! Does not matter whether the car is off for a few minutes or overnite. Press the start button and the radio comes on. I did not see "automatic radio on" as a feature in the brochure! Anyone else have this?

There is no off functionality, only mute.

Best to just turn the volume dial (or press steering wheel buttons) to zero and that way you won't get any sound when you turn your CX-5 on.

shut your car off after starting navigator and then navigator screen will come on every time you start the car. No more radio on.

Yes, but sounds like the mute isn't working, or am I completely misunderstanding?

Yea hopefully when they update for AA and CarPlay they fix some of these bugs. It just doesn’t live up to the quality of the rest of the car.

I think MZD connect will remain the same (look and feel), they just add of AA/ACP

Look and feel is ok to be the same if they squash some bugs. I bet MZD 2 isn’t a huge departure either in terms of look and feel.

Right there is as another discussion about this a while ago and I think the consensus was turning the volume all the way down was the most reliable way. Personally I like having the radio on when I drive (or steaming music) so it really doesn’t bother me. In my previous cars I rarely ever turned it off.

Back