CXRacing coilovers?!

I have CS springs and the struts are at 60k, so soon I may need new struts and I'm not sure what should I get? Just aftermarket sport struts, than?

Tbh that's a good deal. I've heard mostly negative feedback from CS springs, coming from people who drive lowered cars. At least those comes with struts that have adjustable valving. Keep them clean and the threads lubed (you live in CA anyways) and you'll probably be good. Cx racing is like the reputable "cheap" brand. Most negative feedback I hear on cheap coilovers (specifically raceland) come from people running clapped out miatas with the coils at lowest setting (usually collar removed) and max stiff valving.. or the collars seize (not cleaned/lubed and in the salt belt).. cheap car product attract cheap buyers who often have janky setups already lol..

Last edited:
$1k is to much, I don't want to spend that much.
We don't deal with rust in LA.
I need them for a few years, until I get something else.

Chris, would you recommend the BC coilovers? Would I bottom out with these?

I've only owned bc racing so I don't know about cx first hand. But I heard good things. If you are bottoming out with coilovers it's a height/valving setting. They also have for like $100 more camber plate versions

No no, I was referring to the BC coilovers.
They usually go on sale on Thanksgiving, right?

No no, I was referring to the BC coilovers.
They usually go on sale on Thanksgiving, right?

Like I said, whether you bottom out or not depends on how you set the height and dampening. I don't know if the official BC racing site will have a sale, but vendors doing business with them usually do.

Might be a weird question, but why not go back to the stock setup? I am assuming you still have the oem springs. The current struts you have should last longer too if paired with the oem springs.

I want to be low. I don't want to change the height, only improve on what I have(CS springs).

Might as well get cx racing, you already put harsh springs on oem struts (bad combo), the cx would be an improvement either way

That I'm not sure. I know MR sells a lot of rebranded merch (such as Hardrace).

Back