Struggling w Premium decision

That is crap, but it is an intriguing point. I didn't realize there were decent bluetooth OBD II aftermarket heads up displays.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

This one for $500 looks pretty good, has some features missing from Mazda's, like Google Maps integration. Aside from not being built in, the only other obvious shortcoming to me is that it lacks the speed limit display, and I guess the safety warnings.

I'll have to see how the diesels are configured.
It has Speed.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/414S+oPV8BL._SY400_.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congratulations and good decision, you can buy a HUD on Amazon for like $50 anyway.

Strange how you insist on AA/CP to be integrated, and you'll never have a car without that integration, but recommend a HUD that has absolutely no integration other than speed. After all, you can get all of the info from AA/CP on your phone in a little box separate from your infotainment screen whereas you can't get all of the HUD info in the separate box outside of your typical HUD location.

But, as always, different strokes for different folks.

And congrats OP on your car!

Not sure if exaggerated but I bet the package to add a HUD to a Bimmer or Benz is half the price of a CX-5?

In the X3, I believe it's bundled into the $2750 Technology package.

BMW also make an inexpensive (~$500?) HUD with a small screen that you tack onto the dash to retrofit older cars, but that's not really comparable to the built-in version that projects onto the windshield.

It's exactly the same. Just ignore that ungainly wire running down to your odb connector. Definitely put that comment in the Mango hall of fame. Bet Mangos first in line when Honda adds one in 2022.

The Accord will have one this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised to seed a HUD on the CR-V in the 2018 or 19 model.

Or you can also buy a 6 and get one stacked on the dash. Man, those things are going at deep discounts.

The Accord will have one this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised to seed a HUD on the CR-V in the 2018 or 19 model.

Or you can also buy a 6 and get one stacked on the dash. Man, those things are going at deep discounts.

HUD is offered in the 2017 CRV depending on market.

The HUD isn't flawless. The traffic sign recognition is nowhere near accurate and with the satnav SIM card inserted, you can't switch it off in isolation. The speed on the HUD is about 3mph slower than the actual speedo which could make the difference between getting a speeding ticket or not. Finally, the damn thing is one of several items that default to "on" when the ignition is switched on.

The HUD isn't flawless. The traffic sign recognition is nowhere near accurate and with the satnav SIM card inserted, you can't switch it off in isolation. The speed on the HUD is about 3mph slower than the actual speedo which could make the difference between getting a speeding ticket or not. Finally, the damn thing is one of several items that default to "on" when the ignition is switched on.
I don't think Mazda ever said anywhere traffic sign recognition would work flawlessly all the time. If memory serves, someone here said it has difficulty picking up signs associated with roadworks etc

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I've asked you before to prove this and you haven't... so stop spreading this garbage, ok?

Why would I need to prove it? Are you not capable of doing a Google search?

Master.jpg

Happy now?

And here's a Panoramic sunroof picture for you, just because:
MY17_CRV_exterior_04_ENG_NEW.jpeg

Looks like the $50 one you can buy on Amazon. 😂
What market is that available in, Mango?

Thought this was a Mazda forum. Guess I am wrong (scratch)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Why would I need to prove it? Are you not capable of doing a Google search?

That's not proving anything... how about linking to a Honda site showing it as a factory option? That image shows what looks like your infamous $50 knockoff.

That's not proving anything... how about linking to a Honda site showing it as a factory option? That image shows what looks like your infamous $50 knockoff.

To do your work for you, here's one...

http://hondacuracao.com/car/crv/2017/lhd

That counts... right? Sure, you need to buy it from the Caribbean, but... but... but... it has it somewhere! LOL :)
Does it matter that it's a crappy pop-up screen when Mazda has proper HUD technology? Of course not, it's Mango we're talking to.

I'm thinking of taking you off my ignore list... the comedy is pure gold sometimes.

To do your work for you, here's one...

http://hondacuracao.com/car/crv/2017/lhd

That counts... right? Sure, you need to buy it from the Caribbean, but... but... but... it has it somewhere! LOL :)
Does it matter that it's a crappy pop-up screen when Mazda has proper HUD technology? Of course not, it's Mango we're talking to.

I'm thinking of taking you off my ignore list... the comedy is pure gold sometimes.

LOL first you somehow want proof Honda offers a HUD(why?), and NOW taking me off you're ignore list, but somehow saw my earlier post? Might want to think before you post. Secondly, it's available in a few countries, along with Panoramic sunroof, push-button transmission, different engine choices(including a diesel) depending on the market. And who cares if it is a popup screen? I was told by people here the main feature of it is it allows you to keep your eyes on the road, which it does.

It's OK bro, you can have your HUD that can't recognize traffic signs and is off by 3 MPH(according to Anchorman), ill take my CarPlay:)

When someone else quotes your post, he can see your replies on Tapatalk even when ignored. But no, he must by lying? Oy.

Secondly, it's available in a few countries, along with Panoramic sunroof, push-button transmission, different engine choices(including a diesel) depending on the market.

What is a push-button transmission? Only ones I've ever seen were like this, and I know it's not like this, but is it the same idea?

DSC_0022.JPG

Honestly, mango is getting really annoying now :/ No offense lol Would you rather us all praise the CRV say that it's the king of all CUV's? Okay, great, it's a hair faster than the CX-5, cool man. I'm glad you like the CRV, it's performance is stellar and it's such a nice looking car. So happy for you bro :D (sorry, that kinda left a sour taste in my mouth) Honestly, some people say the pizza wheels on the cx-5 are hideous, I don't even know where to begin with the CRV :( I'm glad you like the car and would do anything you can to praise it every chance you get, but it's getting old now.

Back