I'm a little bit bugged

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
In case anyone wants to know what your CX-5 will look like after driving 3,100 miles in 7 days through Minnesota, North Dakota, Saskachewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Montana and back, see below! Ive got some cleaning to do! (wow)

Averaged 27.4 mpg for the trip with posted speeds ranging from 65 mph to 80 mph.

Also got about 234 bpm (that would be Bugs Per Mile). (eek2)

Car.jpg

I hear you on the bugs. I started calling my CX-5 the BEV (bug extermination vehicle). I have never had so many bug remains on a car before this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your radiator. Some dead bugs might be blocking the cooling fins preventing air to pass thru.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

omg! Exhibit A on white exterior FTL..not that that dead bugs are becoming on any hue but wow is that hideous!

Last edited:
I hear you on the bugs. I started calling my CX-5 the BEV (bug extermination vehicle). I have never had so many bug remains on a car before this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said the same thing. These things are big magnets it seems...

In case anyone wants to know what your CX-5 will look like after driving 3,100 miles in 7 days through Minnesota, North Dakota, Saskachewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Montana and back, see below! I’ve got some cleaning to do! (wow)

Averaged 27.4 mpg for the trip with posted speeds ranging from 65 mph to 80 mph.

Car.jpg

Use painters tape on your next time before a major road trip ?
Like the auto cross people use painters tape to avoid CONE dmg
Painters tape make easy clean up on your car before a long road trip ?
( as long as its NOT super hot so the painters tape would melt/bond )

If cold weather / mild weather no much issue ...
but in hot climate then maybe re-do/change out tape
everyday to avoid tape melting/bonding too much ...

(shrug)

Try the simple black aluminum door screen behind the bumper. It's a half-an-hour job, very simple. The condenser will thank you!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

All cleaned up now. Between a good wax job before I left and the clear bra, it all washed off no problem. Just need to use a bit of cleaner wax on the piano black in front.

DSCN1831.jpg

I added "Gutter Guard" to the lower grille via Velcro tape.....to protect the radiator/AC from bugs and rocks.

In case anyone wants to know what your CX-5 will look like after driving 3,100 miles in 7 days through Minnesota, North Dakota, Saskachewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Montana and back, see below! I’ve got some cleaning to do! (wow)

Car.jpg

Sounds like my trip just not into BC, MN > ND > the great nothingness that is Saskachewan > Edmonton > Montana > SD > MN

Mine wasn't as bad because I had adabtive cuise and set it behind semis where I could and washed when I got to edmonton. =D

Back