Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

It would be really appreciated if someone did a video of them installing on their 2018 CX-9.

Sorry only have a pair of hands doing the install. Like I said, if you got the parts removal instruction, it's not too bad. Most parts are snap on like lego. The hardest part is to get the cable from the back to the mid front seat section inside the panel.

Glad you guys are getting it done. (friday) For some reason, I can't seem to source the parts at all. Every dealer I've contacted just says "sorry, can't sell them to you".

Even Priority Mazda Parts? People report that non-Mazda6 VINs work. But you can also in principle supply a (publicly available!) VIN numbers of a 2018 Mazda 6 on a nearby dealer's lot.

Even Priority Mazda Parts? People report that non-Mazda6 VINs work. But you can also in principle supply a (publicly available!) VIN numbers of a 2018 Mazda 6 on a nearby dealer's lot.

Yep, theres not even an option to buy now. See below:

54fa7504bff97aae8af1cc87c404ab33.jpg

f34890432582869d832b33b4308b1969.jpg

Guess everyone has caught on.

I mean, what's the problem letting customers buy these to install themselves? Yes, I'm sure there will be some small percentage of extra service appointments to fix something a customer screwed up while trying to self-install, but that surely is outweighed by the goodwill and "cool uncle" factor that Mazda achieves by letting folks tinker on the cars themselves, right?

Guess I was lucky... I should get my kit from Priority Mazda today. Didnt even have to put in a VIN with my order. Ill be installing it this weekend.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

It appears to still be available on Priority Mazda, but price just went up a bit from where it had been last couple of weeks. I hope it comes back down again when others get supplies and the ban is lifted. Ill still need to get another kit for our Miata. Note that even though the product description says that VIN is required, when you go to the checkout page it just says VIN recommended if you want to confirm compatibility. When I purchased I left that VIN box blank and had no issues getting my order processed/shipped.

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-smartphone-screen-mirroring-kit-00008fz34

Last edited:
I mean, what's the problem letting customers buy these to install themselves? Yes, I'm sure there will be some small percentage of extra service appointments to fix something a customer screwed up while trying to self-install, but that surely is outweighed by the goodwill and "cool uncle" factor that Mazda achieves by letting folks tinker on the cars themselves, right?

I think they're "withholding" the parts until they are able to meet the initial demand of those wanting to do the dealer upgrade for the promotional price on selected models. When dealers are able to offer the upgrade to other models, they will likely start releasing the parts on their own again.

It appears to still be available on Priority Mazda, but price just went up a bit from where it had been last couple of weeks. I hope it comes back down again when others get supplies and the *ban* is lifted. I*ll still need to get another kit for our Miata. Note that even though the product description says that VIN is required, when you go to the checkout page it just says VIN recommended if you want to confirm compatibility. When I purchased I left that VIN box blank and had no issues getting my order processed/shipped.

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-smartphone-screen-mirroring-kit-00008fz34

Nice find! Looks like they made the individual parts "unavailable" and then created a "kit" composed of the same two parts (bumped up the price by $40) and sold it that way.

Nice find! Looks like they made the individual parts "unavailable" and then created a "kit" composed of the same two parts (bumped up the price by $40) and sold it that way.

I agree.. previously I couldn't even find it. Hmm at this point I am tempted to buy this Mazda6 kit and try installing it myself as well. A bit disappointed in these guys' bumping up prices though, but since nobody else is selling it I guess its their price to deal with.

Btw, speaking to a dealer local to my area about retrofit kits, they hadn't the faintest clue of what I was talking about. "Retro what?"

My guess is.. even if they do make it available, it will be around the 400 dollar mark with parts and labor..

I ordered the kit from Priority last Sunday when it was still going for $162 ($183 shipped to Phx). I got it in the mail today... so I have some work to do this weekend!!!

I ordered the kit from Priority last Sunday when it was still going for $162 ($183 shipped to Phx). I got it in the mail today... so I have some work to do this weekend!!!
Good luck!

If you don't mind... can you provide some pictures of the install (assuming you succeed in it of course)? Things such as trim removal, installation process, any issues?

appreciate it!

^what he/she said

Edit: I see theyve taken that crazy luckyauto post down... anyone else saw it? What was that about?

Last edited:

Good luck!

If you don't mind... can you provide some pictures of the install (assuming you succeed in it of course)? Things such as trim removal, installation process, any issues?

appreciate it!

Sure. Ill try putting something together for guidance.

Last edited:
Does anyone know, if you use Google Maps through CarPlay, do you get directions on the HUD?

I think in the Mazda 6 video, the Apple Maps version did show up on the HUD. Not sure if the same thing will happen with the Google maps. I think someone did say that SIRI does not work with Google maps.

Back