Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

been awhile since i posted, lol. updated the 14 with some OEM LED tails...

16iz421.jpg

As part of my ongoing project to quieten my 2014 CX-5, I fitted a second rubber door seal to each door, the boot(trunk) lid and the bonnet(hood), like the 2017+ CX-5. Along with the sound insulation fitted throughout, I'd say my CX-5 is twice as quiet as when it was stock, and on par with my company pool Mercedes C-Class!

30188637048_60976b8a62_z.jpg

Front door

30188637268_56fe78fe40_b.jpg

Rear door

30188636558_3658b4e17d_b.jpg

Boot (Trunk) lid

Last edited:
No issues when closing the doors?

None at all, as the panel gaps on my CX-5 are unreal! I just made sure that the seal is fitted as far 'inwards' in the doors as possible, so that they don't show when the doors are closed.

Richard,
Which project do you think gave the best bang for the buck? And where'd you get the door rubber (2017 seals)?

Richard,
Which project do you think gave the best bang for the buck? And where'd you get the door rubber (2017 seals)?

Im in the UK and got the rubber seal strips from Amazon - this one looks identical
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Best bang for buck is a tough one - in terms of money and time/effort, the rubber door seals were effective in cutting down on wind noise, and making the doors feel and sound more premium.

Ive cut down road noise a lot with a combination of soundproofing materials on the floor and doors, but this was fairly expansive and very labor-intensive.
Ive also soundproofed the wings/fenders (underneath the liners) but this didnt make a huge difference.

Next up is some anti-vibration material on the roof but Im not looking forward to dropping the headliner...

Wrapped the piano black pieces in the car. Still have a few more to do, but happy to not have to worry about the pieces getting scratched and showing everything. And need an interior detail after looking at the pics.

mgM5dO5.jpg

8JvMx5c.jpg

TdMlvYm.jpg

Installed some kayak mounts I got form ebay for $40 (set of 4). They came 100% disassembled but by fa the lowest price for new J mounts on ebay. Paint quality is thin and I will probably end up spraying rattle on them down the line.
N3EWWCB.jpg

0KZKdOA.jpg

GYjmY4W.jpg

92cJtcS.jpg

Im sure some here with not like it because its chrome. But I like it. I added some to my lower side of the front bumper.
61eebb52b92435b09d43ce7f4d7d5497.jpg
I think it looks great. It makes the car look taller in the front.

I*m sure some here with not like it because it*s chrome. But I like it. I added some to my lower side of the front bumper.
61eebb52b92435b09d43ce7f4d7d5497.jpg
I think it looks great. It makes the car look taller in the front.

It's a very rare Mazdarati!! lol

Personally not a fan, it does make the front look taller but the vertical lines clash with horizontal flow of everything else on the car (trim beside and under the fogs, accents inside the headlights, OEM chrome grille frame integrated into the headlights).

I Considered My CX-5 a Blank Canvas

I enjoy mods and especially enjoy working on the CX-5 because of its relative plainness.

Some of my additions are utilitarian, such as the Running Boards,, Roof Rack/Rails, Dash Cam and all LEDs in the interior and license plate. The rest, so far, have been nothing but bling.

I am from the old school where vehicles were judged by the amount of chrome they had on them. Yah, yah, I know. "Chrome" will not get you "Home". However, it will make a stranded vehicle look mighty pretty.

Actually, I only have 2 more mods planned, so far. They will definitely be utilitarian. Did I say, so far? Thought so.(naughty)

YAq2ZQn.jpg

GKnnBjP.jpg

A6NJGR8.jpg

IJoRz8L.jpg

gi3L7BC.jpg

quiAQHG.jpg

QjMNnw3.jpg

WgyOyZz.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy mods and especially enjoy working on the CX-5 because of its relative plainness.

Some of my additions are utilitarian, such as the Running Boards,, Roof Rack/Rails, Dash Cam and all LEDs in the interior and license plate. The rest, so far, have been nothing but bling.

I am from the old school where vehicles were judged by the amount of chrome they had on them. Yah, yah, I know. "Chrome" will not get you "Home". However, it will make a stranded vehicle look mighty pretty.

Actually, I only have 2 more mods planned, so far. They will definitely be utilitarian. Did I say, so far? Thought so.(naughty)

YAq2ZQn.jpg

GKnnBjP.jpg

A6NJGR8.jpg

IJoRz8L.jpg

gi3L7BC.jpg

quiAQHG.jpg

QjMNnw3.jpg

WgyOyZz.jpg

Looks great! Love it. I just installed running boards yesterday. Its been raining all week so my babys dirty.
003dc565d89df14e5c32c057bb32ab7f.jpg

I got them on eBay. For around 225. However they are selling them higher now. My sister snagged a pair for 299.00. The seller doesnt have any left in the US. Thats why they were more expensive for her.
a26ca1fea758a6c926570fb17f71a9bb.png

Back