2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

The gen1 CX-5s will age well imho. Simply a good design effort. The 17's looks like a solid design for Mazda to work on for the next 5 years.

The gen1 CX-5s will age well imho. Simply a good design effort. The 17's looks like a solid design for Mazda to work on for the next 5 years.

I'm starting the campaign now...

Less chrome, more "swoop"! Less chrome, more "swoop"! (strike)

It's that lack of "swoop". Really destroyed the style of the CX-5 in my opinion. It looks like any other generic CUV now as far as I'm concerned.

That and all that added chrome around the windows and front. Blech. (blarf)

I used to feel the same way, but the 2017 has grown on me completely. Now the 1st gen look too busy and cheap with too many folds and lines everywhere, like a Kia, Suzuki, or Mitsubishi. Whereas now in my mind the 17 looks classy and elegant like a BMW. Maybe I've just been looking at the new ones too long haha.

I used to feel the same way, but the 2017 has grown on me completely. Now the 1st gen look too busy and cheap with too many folds and lines everywhere, like a Kia, Suzuki, or Mitsubishi. Whereas now in my mind the 17 looks classy and elegant like a BMW. Maybe I've just been looking at the new ones too long haha.
Well when my dealer gets them in I will definitely take a look at it in person. I think that will help me.

Could be dangerous too. Hell, the 2016.5s have things my 2014 doesn't. [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

b63ad6401132d6c9e6d35592858e8c71.jpg

My Touring :)

Sent from my cell phone

More pics folks! Have your discussions elsewhere please

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

hey, are those the wheels your touring came with? they look different from the other wheels.

Yea I think I've seen 3 types. So each trim must have its own style. GT's look really nice to me.

Sent from my cell phone

Last edited:
The wheels on the Touring actually look great. Very clean design, and it would look even better in 19".

Unfortunately I picked mine up on a very rainy day... so here's some inside pics! Added a couple of night pics for anyone completely new to the CX-5 like me. Any requests?

XLpttLP.jpg

Kg23ibk.jpg

Krin7wi.jpg

fATAbWX.jpg

7i5FZPq.jpg

5oIgGtA.jpg

W4BtwjB.jpg

5KHCwAk.jpg

iTS4RMn.jpg

Unfortunately I picked mine up on a very rainy day... so here's some inside pics! Added a couple of night pics for anyone completely new to the CX-5 like me. Any requests?

HUD at at night please?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Thanks for the picture, some of the details went in the craftsmanship on this new Gen is just unbelievable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kg23ibk.jpg

Nice. What is the lock switch on the passenger and driver doors for? Where are the controls for the auto-folding mirrors? Congrats on your new ride.

Last edited:
Nice. What is the lock switch on the passenger and driver doors for? Where are the controls for the auto-folding mirrors? Congrats on your new ride.

Those are the door lock controls. Unfortunately there are no auto-folding mirrors.

HUD at at night please?

Will do! It's tricky to take pics of but I'll do my best. The best views are while driving (speed limit, nav directions, blind spot, etc wont' appear when parked and taking pics).

Thanks for the picture, some of the details went in the craftsmanship on this new Gen is just unbelievable.

Definitely... I love sitting in it and looking around. The quality of stitching and how the material all works together is very very nice. Everything was designed with a purpose.

Back