2017 CX-5 Premium Floor Liners

Respectfully, The MAXPider mats have a sound insulating layer below the rubber. Im sure the same can be done on the regular car flooring.

Fair enough. I was just answering the query about why cars are carpeted :)

I'll be ordering these Maxpider mats in the fall for winter use. On the new cars I've decided to use the carpet in the summer and the more protective mats in the winter.

We've had them for years in other cars and in our heaviest use application they only started showing heal wear on the drivers mat at the gas pedal after year round use for 4 years. That was fine with me considering how much more comfortable I found them than the hard weathertechs I had experience with.

With that said, if you're a heavy-duty abuser (construction worker rocking boots all the time, or similar) the weather techs will certainly be more durable in the long term.

Personally, I never understood why any automotive flooring was carpeted. Though I never owned one, I admired the Honda Element's rubberized flooring which literally allowed the vehicle to be hosed out. IMHO that is a much better option in nearly all cases. I realize this is not the general feeling, otherwise all interiors would be rubber.

Link is not available anymore. :':)':)'(

Thanks! Now I'm contemplating on getting one and looking for a relative who can ship it here in the Philippines.

I don't think Weathertech has a set for the 2017 CX5.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

No problem!

When I spoke to MaxPider they advised the cargo tray was not yet available....I purchased the Mazda one which is fine since it has a containment lip for liquids. I actually prefer a rubber cargo tray as opposed to the MaxPider material in the cargo area since its more flexible allowing easier access to the spare tire area and the two small storage compartments than would be possible with a more rigid, formed tray.

Last edited:
When I spoke to MaxPider they advised the cargo tray was not yet available....I purchased the Mazda one which is fine since it has a containment lip for liquids. I actually prefer a rubber cargo tray as opposed to the MaxPider material in the cargo area since its more flexible allowing easier access to the spare tire area and the two small storage compartments than would be possible with a more rigid, formed tray.
Good for you if your stock cargo tray has containment lip. Rubber cargo trays are also easier to clean.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

I just ordered these as eBay has a $15 off anything over $75 going on until 10 pm (not sure which time zone) tonight. Code is PSAVE15 I think.

Hmmm... I've taken them out until winter but it's a very dark graphite grey I'd say. Almost black but not quite. Hard to really tell though, they reflect the light differently because of the material.

Thanks for posting this. I hate carpet floor mats in SUVs or trucks, but didn't want the all weather factory Mazda mats that we can get in the USA because they don't cover the dead pedal area at all (seriously, what were they thinking on that one...). I decided that if I am going to be looking at the floor mats every day for the next several years that I might as well spend the money and get the premium floormats with the Mazda logo on them. I ordered them from Scarboro Mazda (mazdashop.ca) and they're on the way to me now. Hopefully they'll complement my 2017 GT well.

Weathertech doesn't have one available yet for the new CX5 so I got these as well. I must say I am very impressed with the fit and quality, no regrets in not waiting for weathertech!

Back