2020 CX5 Press Release

Paddle shifters, std on GT and up. About time.

Mildly curious what dash pieces, etc might need to be changed out to switch to the new larger infotainment display....

When I got my 2012 Acura TSX wagon I was chuffed at the idea of the paddle shifters. While I played with them a bit, in the beginning, I pretty much never touched them again.

Tim

When I got my 2012 Acura TSX wagon I was chuffed at the idea of the paddle shifters. While I played with them a bit, in the beginning, I pretty much never touched them again.

Tim

Same on my BMW 335i. Tried them once or twice, and never used again. The transmission auto upshifts at redline anyway, so it*s not better for acceleration.

Base price (which is for base FWD with no equipment/packages) has increased by $740, mostly to accommodate the activsense package which is now standard.

I am curious about the "Engine Harmonics Enhancer". I wonder if you will be able to tell any difference.

They should have included a cylinder deactivation toggle menu instead of a display. If nothing else, just to get people to stop complaining about it.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Cool! Now it's going to pipe artificial engine sounds into the cabin via the soundsystem, is what it sounds like to me, ROFL!

Cool! Now it's going to pipe artificial engine sounds into the cabin via the soundsystem, is what it sounds like to me, ROFL!

You mean the "Engine Harmonics Enhancer" ?
Sounds like a balance shaft type thing to me, but who knows.

Further refinements to the engine include a new Engine Harmonics Enhancer that tunes to the engine with a much more refined and powerful sound, while the emission regulation has been improved to ULEV70.

That sounds more like what I described, but I guess we have to wait and see. Could be totally other.

There is mention of "The premium ownership experience starts with the keys, in line with Mazda*s upscale movement, a new key fob design opens the doors using a remote keyless entry system."

Does the 2020 get the same credit card style remote as on the new gen Mazda 3?

Hell yes! X1 had them because it didn't come in a manual and I used them a bunch..mixture of both lever and paddles but one way or the other that car was told when to shift more often than not- bit tedious with 8 gears but useful and fun when they work well.

I always downshift, at freeway exits where is going downhill, or when I really want to get going.

Not that I intended to get one, but I wonder what the fate of the Diesel engine will be for 2020.

SkyActiv-G 2.5L and 2.5T have already had a balance shaft. So I believe Unobtaniums guess is correct.

Not that I intended to get one, but I wonder what the fate of the Diesel engine will be for 2020.

I would guess one and done. My dealer still has the 4 they received when they came out. I'm sure they'll be around until they drop the price ~$10k.

Though there's no mention of it, I wonder if LED turn signals were added to any of the premium models.

Back