Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

It is correct that the 5's sync ok, and Pandora works great with them on the Mazda radio. I just wish the Text Messaging would work. My Blackberry worked fine - got my txt messages on the Mazda Radio, but the Iphones wont transfer txt mesages. The radio lets you know you have a new txt message, but will not download it from the Iphone to the radio... I was hoping IOS 7 would fix that - obviouslly not.....

If you get a text, and can reach the home button on your iPhone, hold it down, wait for Siri, and tell her/him to read you the last text. It will then prompt you if you want to reply after the message is read.

If you get a text, and can reach the home button on your iPhone, hold it down, wait for Siri, and tell her/him to read you the last text. It will then prompt you if you want to reply after the message is read.

Yes, good point - that does work. I just liked the way it worked with the Blackberry where you can read the message rigt away on the CX-9 screen and reply with a choice of pre-canned replies.

Thanks!

Still to this day cannot sync iPhone 5C with 2012 Bose system. Mazda tech support has offered to work with me over tote tut to sync.

Just got my new Nokia Lumia 928 last week from Verizon. Paired almost instantly and has worked flawlessly since. Windows Phone 8 seems to get along better with the Bluetooth system in my CX-9 than my previous Windows Phone 7 phone.

Mazda tech line had me sync phone using voice commands it doesn't work using buttons so now have iPhone 5c linked

here is some information on how I resolved my bluetooth problems:
Just bought 2013 CX9. My salesman found that its USB does not connect to Android on Samsung Note 2.
At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android.
My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.

At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new Mazda SUV CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android. However I had to boot my phone to "SAFE MODE" to get Mazda to automatically play songs from my Note2. If I do not run in SAFE MODE, I get the message "cannot playback bluetooth device while acquiring phone data". My Mazda dashboard would show that it is playing the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out from my Mazda stereo. My Note 2 will play music via earphone (not speakers) and there is no way to get my phone to play music via Note2 speaker again - I had to reboot my phone.

I stopped all my apps using "Advanced Task Killer". I may have to uninstall all my phone apps such as Talkatone, TextPlus, Skype, etc. Maybe one of these is trying to download data into my Mazda's contact list.

A second problem I am still struggling with when my phone rings, and I answer it, my audio connection to my Samung note 2 stops working. I would get error message:

cannot playback bluetooth device while acquiring phone data
I had to reconnect Bluetooth without phone option; I have to select only music option in my Bluetooth setup EVERYTIME I CONNECT. So this is frustrating. Anyone solved this problem?

ps. When not in SAFE MODE, ie. in normal MODE, My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.

cannot playback bluetooth while acquiring phone data

However, I am not able to get USB to work, nor am I am to get Pandora to work via Bluetooth.

passcode locked.

here is some information on how I resolved my bluetooth problems:
Just bought 2013 CX9. My salesman found that its USB does not connect to Android on Samsung Note 2.
At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android.
My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.

At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new Mazda SUV CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android. However I had to boot my phone to "SAFE MODE" to get Mazda to automatically play songs from my Note2. If I do not run in SAFE MODE, I get the message "cannot playback bluetooth device while acquiring phone data". My Mazda dashboard would show that it is playing the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out from my Mazda stereo. My Note 2 will play music via earphone (not speakers) and there is no way to get my phone to play music via Note2 speaker again - I had to reboot my phone.

I stopped all my apps using "Advanced Task Killer". I may have to uninstall all my phone apps such as Talkatone, TextPlus, Skype, etc. Maybe one of these is trying to download data into my Mazda's contact list.

A second problem I am still struggling with when my phone rings, and I answer it, my audio connection to my Samung note 2 stops working. I would get error message:

cannot playback bluetooth device while acquiring phone data
I had to reconnect Bluetooth without phone option; I have to select only music option in my Bluetooth setup EVERYTIME I CONNECT. So this is frustrating. Anyone solved this problem?

ps. When not in SAFE MODE, ie. in normal MODE, My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.

cannot playback bluetooth while acquiring phone data

However, I am not able to get USB to work, nor am I am to get Pandora to work via Bluetooth.

I just got a 2013 CX-9 GT and am having BT issues with my Samsung Galaxy S5. Mazda website says that the phone is totally incompatible with Connect, so can anyone tell me if they have had success with the HTC One M8 (newly released in 2014)?

I just bought a 2015 CX-9 GS with Luxury Package and I've linked an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.1 and an iPhone 4S with iOS 8.1.1 and both paired no problem. I can see all the songs on the touch screen and go through them by artist, song or album. Works great.

Out of curiosity, can you plug one of those phones in to the USB port and tell us how long it takes to start playing? Then turn off the car all the way leaving the phone connected, wait a couple minutes, then turn it back on and see if it resumes where it left off?

I haven't connected the phone to the USB port yet, I usually go Blue Tooth. I have put a 16gig USB Drive with MP3's on it and it takes a bit to load up about 20 seconds and it always starts back on the first song. It doesn't remember where it was when you shut the car off. The Blue tooth on the other hand remembers where you were and is much quicker at connecting.

I haven't connected the phone to the USB port yet, I usually go Blue Tooth. I have put a 16gig USB Drive with MP3's on it and it takes a bit to load up about 20 seconds and it always starts back on the first song. It doesn't remember where it was when you shut the car off. The Blue tooth on the other hand remembers where you were and is much quicker at connecting.

Hmmm... well the 20 second load time seems like an improvement, but it's sad that they still haven't fixed the playlist issues. Thanks for the info.

LG G3... and haven't had any of the problems that I had with my previous phone, the HTC One X+.

Back