The All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 Units Have Arrived in U.S. Ports!

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
This email received by the sales manager of my Mazda dealer showed 2017 Mazda CX-5 has arrived in US ports of west coast and should be delivered to Mazda US dealers by the first week of April. However, Alex the sales manager told me he doesn't expect to receive it after the second week of April. He also confirmed again that the pricing information for these two Touring packages, Preferred Equipment Package for $780 and Touring i-ActivSense Package for $625, in press kit are wrong. And Mazda told him the reason why Touring can't get both packages is because there're some conflicts for setup with both packages which I definitely don't agree.

Of course Mazda uses the same picture we saw for Australian shipment. ;)

attachment.php

IMG_9874.PNG

I just got this from a good source after sending him this link. I'm working on being first for a 2017. Helps when this will be the third CX-5 from the same salesperson.

It's looking like the first shipment is going to be a demo type release. So most dealers are going to get about one CX-5 for demonstration purposes. So the full release may still not be until June. As soon as I hear different I will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Grand Touring Soul Red Crystal or bust.

I have 2 dealers numbers on speed dial. The first is the same dude I got my Mazda3 from last year. I didn't realize that Mazda has discounts for folks who upgrade their ride. Mazda3 > CX5 and discounts for repeat customers. Or so I was told by a different dealer last week.

They need to hurry. My eye has started wandering a bit. I've been eyeballing used 2016 BMW X1's just for s**** and giggles.

Grand Touring Soul Red Crystal or bust.

I have 2 dealers numbers on speed dial. The first is the same dude I got my Mazda3 from last year. I didn't realize that Mazda has discounts for folks who upgrade their ride. Mazda3 > CX5 and discounts for repeat customers. Or so I was told by a different dealer last week.

They need to hurry. My eye has started wandering a bit. I've been eyeballing used 2016 BMW X1's just for s**** and giggles.

I'm a BMW guy, and won't touch their CUVs. They're generally all made in the states and I don't consider them "real" BMWs. It's subjective and irrational but I see them as overpriced SUVs. The CX-5 offers more than the X1 minus some spirited driving dynamics for a much lower price.

I just got this from a good source after sending him this link. I'm working on being first for a 2017. Helps when this will be the third CX-5 from the same salesperson.

Waiting until June for a full release would be highly disappointing, if true.

Last edited:
I test drove a 17 today in central NJ. Dude had a $3k markup on it. Told him no thanks, I can wait.

That is not what the computer system at Walser Mazda says in Minneapolis, MN. From talking with a manager it looks like they are getting at least a dozen in the first shipment in the next few weeks.

I'm a BMW guy, and won't touch their CUVs. They're generally all made in the states and I don't consider them "real" BMWs. It's subjective and irrational but I see them as overpriced SUVs. The CX-5 offers more than the X1 minus some spirited driving dynamics for a much lower price.

I didn't say I was going to get one. =D For me its always come down to: Do you want to get a low end luxury brand with fewer features for more money where you are mostly paying for the name. (Basically Apple of the car industry.) Or do you want to buy a mid-range brand that has all the bells and whistles and is cheaper, but you aren't getting the "prestige" of the name. I can live without the BMW badge.

If your looking for one in the bay area, I talked to a friend who is a manager at DGDG. They said most Mazda's are getting 3 to 4. Somehow he lucked out and is getting 39 of them. So if your looking for one in the area, that would be the spot.

So I guess Mazda's built in Mexico are not real "Mazda's" since they aren't built in Japan.

Getting an oil chance soon, will have to see if the dealer got any 17's in.

I think I need to see one in person. The interior has grown on me, but the exterior I hate. But I'm thinking I need to see it in person in a color I would use.

I have heard from a number of people that the BMWs made here in the states have many more issues than those made in Germany. First time I ever heard anything about that but he tended to imply that it was a well known fact.

To be fair, I don't think that their stats are terribly different than elsewhere.

I just can't see paying as much as BMW wants for a CUV, when there are very adequate alternatives (CX-5), that IMHO, have all the same features and look better as well.

As far as sports sedans, again it's subjective, but IMHO, there are no alternatives for me.

I test drove a 17 today in central NJ. Dude had a $3k markup on it. Told him no thanks, I can wait.
So Mazda North American Operations told Gulf Region Mazda dealers that the new 2017 CX-5 should start arriving at dealerships by the first week of April and my dealer said it'd be after the 2nd week of April; but people have seen it and test-driven it in SoCal and Jersey! (uhm)

They arrive on the coasts. You are in the middle of the country. This seems logical to me.

I have no idea how Mazda ships but I know rail is the cheapest method. I worked with a railroad briefly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Don't they have a Gulf Coast POE as well?
I can understand the guy in SoCal test-drove a 2017 CX-5 as I know Mazda's POE is at Long Beach California. But a guy in New Jersey?

Our special-ordered CX-5 took less than a week to get delivered to our Mazda dealer via train and truck once it arrived in Long Beach.

Back