2019 CX-5 configurator now live

You know, my wife*s Z4 with the M sport package has a black headliner and I could never figure out what the big deal is about this feature.(scratch)

Yeah, what they heck is it and why is it better? Thicker?

im really liking those new wheels, im waiting on the new mazda 3 to be unveil so I can decide on a new cx5 or the new 3.

That's another good point in that the top of the line models only have AWD now. That may lose some sales as well, but I have to admit, they're right for doing it, and see why they did, having a turbo and all...

Their research indicates a lot of buyers at those higher price points want AWD.

thanks for the thread.

I think like many I'm debating between the GT-R and the Signature.
the Signature loses a few points right up front for that leather color which I'm not a big fan of but I MIGHT be open to after I see it in person. As for the wood inlays... not sure how I feel. Gonna go look a bit more closely at the interior pictures to get an idea.

odd that the 2019 Brochure isn't available but the 92 page Nagvigation Manual is...

Situation: You're driving a relatively high powered FWD car. You floor it from a stop, and one of the front tires lights up.
Question: Does TCS kick in?

If yes, this could be one reason the turbo is only available with AWD. Torque steer could be another.

It should only be available with AWD, unless as stated, you wanna offer rwd too, then we*re talking...haha

Just like in the Mazda 6, it doesn*t know how to put the power down because of fail wheel drive...

It should only be available with AWD, unless as stated, you wanna offer rwd too, then we*re talking...haha

Just like in the Mazda 6, it doesn*t know how to put the power down because of fail wheel drive...

Since you brought that up......Would be stoked at the rumored FR platform Mazda/Toyota joint venture to become a Tesla Model 3 fighter. ei RWD Mazda6.

The CX-5, if Mazda wants to take it up to premium status to steal sales from entry level Audi then its higher trims having AWD is a huge step into that direction.

Hmmm wondering how this is for the signature trim:
"Unique overhead console with LED room light and down light"
i wonder if these are accent lights that remain on at night while driving?

I hope so.
the accent lights in my BMW are awesome. If they can pull off a similar effect, that would be cool

Ahh, wish the gtr had the black headliner

I can't stand the grey headliner in my black interior CX-5.. it gets filthy just from having the windows open.

Not all of us vote for AWD which adds $$$

You would with a turbo.. otherwise wasted potential

I'll give it a month before the first gt-r emblem sighting on a cx5.
62896-aa400-1.jpg

Last edited:
^I might have to get one just to do that- probably good for ~20 more at the wheels(rofl)

Last night I went to sleep owning a top-of-the-line CX-5.

I wake up this morning and it's middle-of-the-pack.

*sigh*

I wouldn't feel that way, its just like technology - buy the "top of the line" computer or smart phone and 3-6 months later its "out of date"
Truth is that device is plenty to suit your needs, just remember that new model is usually 10-20% more $$ than you paid for what you have
IMO, 3.5k plus additional for the turbo option is a bit too much. 2K and I might be interested
Bet insurance premiums are a bit higher on the Turbo vs STD model too, not to mention maintenance costs
Made myself feel better anyway :)

XC40 "T5" you CX-5 "GT-R" me..both kinda wrong (and right) but that's ok:D If not- sorry not sorry..at least mine was probably funny(to some).. Offensive? Even better:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back