Why your parts aren't here

madar

Contributor
:
2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB
I was at my Mazda dealer today getting my rear hatch struts replaced today and went back to the parts department to get some moly oil. The gentleman behind the counter noticed what I was in for and said the big hangup on getting replacement struts was because the shipping company Mazda used filed for bankruptcy a few months back and millions of dollars of parts were stuck on the docks until the case went through the courts. Toyota, Honda and others used the same company out of South Korea. Hanjin is the name I Believe.

So the replacement struts for recall are available now?

Interesting. My car has been in the body shop for a month having damage to the rear repaired and the shop tells me a large part of that time has been taken up trying to get parts through the local dealer. Apparently their parts distribution is in dismal shape right now. This may explain why!

Interesting. My car has been in the body shop for a month having damage to the rear repaired and the shop tells me a large part of that time has been taken up trying to get parts through the local dealer. Apparently their parts distribution is in dismal shape right now. This may explain why!
This means the body shop would have a hard time to repair damaged Mazda vehicles from the baseball-sized hail in Denton area which is about 40 miles north west of Dallas!

Yeah our CX-5 also suffered severe hail damage including broken windshield about the same time last year!

Yep, the parts guy told me that a normal backlog would consist of about 12 pieces, it's now many times more than that. He said Mazda keeps saying parts will be delivered at the end of the month for the last few months now. He's thinking maybe May.

Back