What did you pay for your CX-5?

I am currently talking to a number of dealers in Colorado, and so far this is the best pricing I*ve gotten. Still looking for more, but here is where I am at:

2019 Grand Touring Reserve (prefer Deep Crystal ext./Parchment int.)

$ 36,450 Given MSRP ($35,915 + $535)
- $ 2,970 Dealer Discount
+$ 699 Dealer Fee
+$ 2,845 Tax
+$ 27 Gov Fees
- $ 1,500 Mfg Rebate

$ 35, 593 OTD

It looks like meow_man got a great deal. I am not eligible for the loyalty cash, and my local taxes are about $1,000 higher, so I don't feel like I am far off considering those two adjustments. I also need to get clarification on the inflated MSRP cited by the dealer - the model I am looking for doesn't need any extras, and I want a standard paint color.

Has anyone had luck getting both the 0.9% special APR and a discount comparable to the $1,500 rebate (on top of the initial dealer discount)?

I just got a touring last week here in CO, I spent 2 weeks emailing dealers. Not sure where you are at but I suggest trying to work with Groove and Courtesy, they were the 2 most open to working towards the deal I needed, I ended up purchasing from Groove.

I ended up getting 7% off MSRP (pretax), including all dealer fees, with the special financing instead of the cash offer. After spending 2 weeka grinding emails I dont think I could have done any better realistically.

You should shoot for at least the same % off if not a little better with the higher trim. I'd tell them to give you the same deal as above minus the $699 dealer fee and you'll sign. That would be a touch better than 8% off with special financing rate to go with it.

Last edited:
I am currently talking to a number of dealers in Colorado, and so far this is the best pricing I*ve gotten. Still looking for more, but here is where I am at:

2019 Grand Touring Reserve (prefer Deep Crystal ext./Parchment int.)

$ 36,450 Given MSRP ($35,915 + $535)
- $ 2,970 Dealer Discount
+$ 699 Dealer Fee
+$ 2,845 Tax
+$ 27 Gov Fees
- $ 1,500 Mfg Rebate

$ 35, 593 OTD

It looks like meow_man got a great deal. I am not eligible for the loyalty cash, and my local taxes are about $1,000 higher, so I don't feel like I am far off considering those two adjustments. I also need to get clarification on the inflated MSRP cited by the dealer - the model I am looking for doesn't need any extras, and I want a standard paint color.

Has anyone had luck getting both the 0.9% special APR and a discount comparable to the $1,500 rebate (on top of the initial dealer discount)?
One of the 2 local dealers by me has a dealer add on sticker with a bunch of worthless crap they put on everything as soon as it hits the lot. Could be similar situation. I got mine from the dealer without the add on nonsense. I got silver so there was no paint up-charge on mine. The MSRP was $35915.
Looks like the Mfg. Rebate varies quite a bit. Colorado is $1500 across all trims. I'm in Pennsylvania & lower trims are $1000 & GTR/Signature are $500.

I just got a touring last week here in CO, I spent 2 weeks emailing dealers. Not sure where you are at but I suggest trying to work with Groove and Courtesy, they were the 2 most open to working towards the deal I needed, I ended up purchasing from Groove.

I ended up getting 7% off MSRP (pretax), including all dealer fees, with the special financing instead of the cash offer. After spending 2 weeka grinding emails I dont think I could have done any better realistically.

You should shoot for at least the same % off if not a little better with the higher trim. I'd tell them to give you the same deal as above minus the $699 dealer fee and you'll sign. That would be a touch better than 8% off with special financing rate to go with it.

Thanks! I appreciate the local perspective. I could see myself going with Groove as well. So far they have been straightforward, but I need to nail down pricing with them. Did they try to sell you on a clear body/windshield sealant?

7-8% off pretax without the manufacturer rebate sounds like a good goal. I am there right now if the rebate is included, but the 0.9% financing would be really nice.

I think I still have room to negotiate, but it is helpful to hear a similar buyer's experience and get a sanity check before I proceed.

One of the 2 local dealers by me has a dealer add on sticker with a bunch of worthless crap they put on everything as soon as it hits the lot. Could be similar situation. I got mine from the dealer without the add on nonsense. I got silver so there was no paint up-charge on mine. The MSRP was $35915.
Looks like the Mfg. Rebate varies quite a bit. Colorado is $1500 across all trims. I'm in Pennsylvania & lower trims are $1000 & GTR/Signature are $500.

Yeah, I don't need any add ons - it is nice that the GTR should come without the need of any upgrades. I understand a difference if I get a model with premium paint, but that isn't the case here.

I was glad to hear that the $1,500 rebate is also available for the GTR here. I think that was a recent change. The higher rebate makes me question if the financing is worth it, especially if I pay off the car early (obviously considering if interest is pre-calculated and if there are any pre-payment penalties.

meow, did the dealer lead off with the $3,000+ dealer discount, or was that after more negotiations.

Did they try to sell you on a clear body/windshield sealant?

They did not push any extras on me except for the financing dept usual push for a maitenance plan with 3 or 4 tiers to buy into. I delined and wasn't hassled too much past that. I live 1.5hrs from Groove so a mait plan even if it was "worth it" (it wasn't) it wasn't going to be in the cards for me.

meow, did the dealer lead off with the $3,000+ dealer discount, or was that after more negotiations.

They started around $2700 and were trying to tie $500 of it to conventional bank financing because they get a kick back. I knew the CX-5 had been sitting there since summer. I*d been watching it within a day of my first GTR being rear ended & totaled. I told them I was paying cash & they continued to push $500 of the price being tied to financing. I left & emailed my offer a few days later after I got other prices.
I bought my first GTR there, they had it in stock, & they*re one of 2 local dealers. They accepted my offer the same day I submitted it. I figured what have I got to lose.

Last edited:
looking at first Mazda, and best offer to date on a new CX-5 GTR is

MSRP: $36,175
Dealer Disc: ($2,500)
Rebate: ($1,500)
Tax, T, Lic, Docs: $2,405
Drive away: $34,580

Shopping across approx 10 dealers spanning 500 miles. Based on what I see here. its a fair price, but I still plan to push more as we approach the end of the month to see who's the most aggressive.

Shopping across approx 10 dealers spanning 500 miles. Based on what I see here. its a fair price, but I still plan to push more as we approach the end of the month to see who's the most aggressive.

Should be able to get $3k off without rebates.

I'd shoot for dealer discount of $3600 (10%). You should be able to get that, and if you find the right situation as you state, maybe even top $4k+. Good luck, stay patient and persistent and let us know when you get it.

In the market for the first Mazda. I sent 3 quote requests this morning and got 2 replies:

#1 CX-5 GTR white
MSRP 36,510
Dealer discount (1922) 5.3%
Tax, Doc, Lic: 2093+299+345
OTD: 37,325

#2 CX-5 GTR white
MSRP 36,510
Dealer discount (3513) 9.6%
Tax, Doc, Lic: 2027+299+345
OTD: 35,600

No other incentives are available to me. No trade in.

Both dealers are within 20 miles from home. Should I jump on #2 offer now? Should I ask some freebies to get a sweeter deal, such as carpet, mud flap, cargo cover etc?

The first dealer said that if I took the 0.9% APR deal, the price for GTR would be$500 higher. Otherwise, I would get 2422 dealer discount. He said that every dealer did the thing. Was I lied about?

The second dealer says that the discount includes a 500-dollar rebate, which everybody qualifies. Is it true? I just don't want to go in and then being told that the $500 is gone.

I haven't hear from the 3rd dealer, which is around 20 miles away in another direction. Should I wait?

Last edited:
In the market for the first Mazda. I sent 3 quote requests this morning and got 2 replies:

#1 CX-5 GTR white
MSRP 36,510

#2 CX-5 GTR white
MSRP 36,510

Both dealers are within 20 miles from home. Should I jump on #2 offer now? Should I ask some freebies to get a sweeter deal, such as carpet, mud flap, cargo cover etc?

The first dealer said that if I took the 0.9% APR deal, the price for GTR would be$500 higher. Otherwise, I would get 2422 dealer discount. He said that every dealer did the thing. Was I lied about?

The second dealer says that the discount includes a 500-dollar rebate, which everybody qualifies. Is it true? I just don't want to go in and then being told that the $500 is gone.

I haven't hear from the 3rd dealer, which is around 20 miles away in another direction. Should I wait?

Yes, the $500 is customer cash which everyone gets, that or .9% financing. So that isn't really part of the dealer discount. The customer cash also varies with locality. In Pennsylvania the customer cash on the lower trims is $1000 & $500 on the GTR/Signature. That's what I got on my GTR. In other states like Colorado, the customer cash is $1500 on all trim levels. Offer #2 dealer discount would really be $3013 + $500 customer cash. That puts the dealer discount at 8.3%.
I bought my GTR a week ago & got 8.8% dealer discount + $500 customer cash + $750 owner loyalty. Eastern PA.
BTW, the MSRP on a white GTR is $36,115. The MSRP on a red GTR is $36510. White +$200, Gray +$300, Red +$595.

Last edited:
I just bought my new MazdaCX5 GT ( had to take as equipped with mats and useless roof rails ) . Closest Mazda dealer is in Rockland County, NY, other Mazda dealers( 3) are further away . Sent internet requests for all cash no financing price and am ready to purchase/serious buyer to all 4 Mazda dealers and got just under MSRP price quotes. One dealer emailed me in a back and forth that she couldn't meet my price point of at least 7% off MSRP and good luck . The Palisades sales rep seemed the most condusive . Held back info from all 4 dealers that I am a current Mazda owner. My 2014 Mazda Cx5 dealer in White Plains went out of business a few years ago where I got a great deal in 2013.
Anyway i settled on a price of 5% off MSRP before the $1000 incentive and $ 750 loyalty discount/rebate. The car ( dark navy blue ) is gorgeous inside and out .OTD price including new license plates and 8.375% sales tax was $32,800. Other CUV's don't have the audible beep for BSM. and that was my most important criteria, would have preferred more trunk space and better MPG . I am happy with the price I paid , the salesman was low pressure and very pleasant

Currently Trying to find a 2019 CX-5 touring with lift gate.

MSRP $29,035
Lowest selling Price is 27,119 (1916 discount)
Tax, Title, Fee: 3095 (9.5% socal tax)

We are probably going with the .9 apr so we are working without the rebate. Any idea why socal dealers are playing hardball?

Any recommendations or dealers to work with?

Currently Trying to find a 2019 CX-5 touring with lift gate.

MSRP $29,035
Lowest selling Price is 27,119 (1916 discount)
Tax, Title, Fee: 3095 (9.5% socal tax)

We are probably going with the .9 apr so we are working without the rebate. Any idea why socal dealers are playing hardball?

Any recommendations or dealers to work with?

I was offered $2,800 off MSRP for the same vehicle without any rebate in SoCal because I chose the 0.9% APR. DM me if for dealer info.

Greetings! Brand new CX-5 owner, brand new forum member. Overall, the sales process was pretty painless and I'm relatively happy with what I paid for it considering this is New Jersey.

(New) '19 CX-5 Touring (Deep Crystal Blue/Black) with Preferred Equipment Package.

+ MSRP: $29060 (includes delivery)
+ Preferred Equipment Package: $1375
+ Extended warranty: $1795 (I always get them, always use them)
+ TTL and other fees: New Jersey sucks
- Dealer discount: $1572 (discounts are hard to come by in New Jersey)
- Rebates: $1750 (Mazda loyalty, manufacturer rebate)
= Out the door: $32311

Not included: All the mods I already want to do, just from seeing those on this forum.

Purchased 2019 GTR CX-5 this week.

MSRP $35,915
White Paint +$200
Rear backup package +$450
Total sticker $36,565
Dealer disc: ($2,975)
Mazda Cash: ($1,500)
Subtotal: $32,090
Tax: $2,005
Title, Lic docs: $394

GTR in my driveway for $34,489

Dealer also had added all the funny money addons to try like tint, nitrogen, paint protection etc. those were the first thing I told them to lose which surprisingly they did. Historically Ive had dealers fight hardest on those.

So 8.2% off the MSRP before mazda cash offers.

#1 CX-5 GTR white
MSRP 36,510

#2 CX-5 GTR white
MSRP 36,510

Yes, the $500 is customer cash which everyone gets, that or .9% financing. So that isn't really part of the dealer discount. The customer cash also varies with locality. In Pennsylvania the customer cash on the lower trims is $1000 & $500 on the GTR/Signature. That's what I got on my GTR. In other states like Colorado, the customer cash is $1500 on all trim levels. Offer #2 dealer discount would really be $3013 + $500 customer cash. That puts the dealer discount at 8.3%.
I bought my GTR a week ago & got 8.8% dealer discount + $500 customer cash + $750 owner loyalty. Eastern PA.
BTW, the MSRP on a white GTR is $36,115. The MSRP on a red GTR is $36510. White +$200, Gray +$300, Red +$595.

It turned out that dealer #2 did not have a white GTR, but he gave me a low ball price to get me to its lot. Somebody on this forum said to check the dealer lot before going in, which I did and found out the issue. So I asked if dealer #1 could match the other one's price. Dealer # 1 agreed to match, though it claimed to be a "no haggle" dealer. The real surprise was the trade-in. I thought that my trade-in would be around $500-1000, and was planning to donate it for a $500 donation incentive, but I was offered $3,000 instead for a car that I was ready to discard at any cost. So I jumped on the deal, and took delivery 2 days after sending out quote requests. I am happy!

It turned out that dealer #2 did not have a white GTR, but he gave me a low ball price to get me to its lot. Somebody on this forum said to check the dealer lot before going in, which I did and found out the issue. So I asked if dealer #1 could match the other one's price. Dealer # 1 agreed to match, though it claimed to be a "no haggle" dealer. The real surprise was the trade-in. I thought that my trade-in would be around $500-1000, and was planning to donate it for a $500 donation incentive, but I was offered $3,000 instead for a car that I was ready to discard at any cost. So I jumped on the deal, and took delivery 2 days after sending out quote requests. I am happy!

Congratulations, enjoy the GTR. It definitely pays to shop the deals, especially if a dealer wants to move a vehicle they have in stock. Good deal on the trade.

@Mazda should make the customer cash the same across all trim levels, no reason for it to be less for the more expensive and profitable top trims.

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-tools/special-offers-and-incentives

Also, I find the lease offer amusing. I get it, they just want to advertise a low number. The lease payment listed is for a FWD and doesn't include any taxes and fees. You'd have to put down something like $5,000 to get that payment in the real world.

Back