What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Lots of clean up for mine.

- oil change
- AEM Dry Flow drop-in
- cabin air filter
- removed cheesy tint on the rear window from the previous owner - luckily came off in one piece
- replaced broken CD player with another factory unit for now (first time I've ever had a radio fail)
- washed and vacuumed

This weekend, I'll be doing the 3M headlight restorer and putting another coat of wax on. She'll be near perfect!

Considering fabbing a single exit exhaust.. since our oem dual is style/sound supression only.

Threw a cel on the motorway, pulled over and pulled the code. Look at my oil control valve and the ground wire came apart. Hey at least this one isn't "weeping" oil. Should be a simple splice operation once I get the old wire out (gonna fix both). In the mean time just will want to stay out of higher cam profile (below 4k rpm) to avoid low oil pressure
JVYeNuSr.jpg

6FLwJtN.jpg
What plug is that and what is the weeping oil you are referring to?

Damn....I knew it would be cheaper for the CX-5 (more popular car). Rockauto sells the exact same thing...for more money.

Rockauto: JPOWER STOP JBR1745XPR Extreme Performance Drilled and Slotted= $63 per 1 front rotor.

How else are they supposed to pay for all of their ads?

Well didn't do anything to my CX-5 but it did do something to me (entirely my fault though).

For the first time in my life, I somehow managed to slam my middle finger in the door. Had to unlock it with fob and open the door to get out. Stitched up fingers are "fun". No broken bones or fractures or anything so guess it could be worse.

Well didn't do anything to my CX-5 but it did do something to me (entirely my fault though).

For the first time in my life, I somehow managed to slam my middle finger in the door. Had to unlock it with fob and open the door to get out. Stitched up fingers are "fun". No broken bones or fractures or anything so guess it could be worse.

Man, that sucks. Glad there are no broken bones. I did that once when I was a kid. All I remember is weatherstripping stain that took weeks to wear off.

At least with that finger, when people asked what happened for the umpteenth time, you can just show them ;)

OUCH! Just glad you were able to reach the fob with the other hand! Cut bad?

Dang, that sucks. I had that happen to me as well, but on a 1994 Dodge Caravan. My aunt closed the door on my ring finger while I was holding onto the car to steady myself (I was adjusting my shoe with the other hand). Lucky for me I only had some bruises.

Hope it heals up quick!

Starter was clinging badly when starting for the first time of the day since the weather went down to the 50s/60s. I removed it, disassembled cleaned it, put it back on and it was worse. Tom it off and rotated the flex plate (flywheel) a little reinstalled it and it was good. Gonna start it in a little bit hopefully the fix persisted. Edit so far so good!

Last edited:
Starter was clinging badly when starting for the first time of the day since the weather went down to the 50s/60s. I removed it, disassembled cleaned it, put it back on and it was worse. Tom it off and rotated the flex plate (flywheel) a little reinstalled it and it was good. Gonna start it in a little bit hopefully the fix persisted. Edit so far so good!
Thats a lot of work especially your job included flywheel rotation. I did the starter job a while ago on my 1998 Honda CR-V by cleaning up all the carbon and metal debris inside and lubricating all moving parts. Most people would just get a rebuild starter and replace it.

Added another car to the line up. This one is a '13 Touring AWD in Sky Blue Mica. That means we now have the '16.5 Touring AWD, '13 Touring AWD, '08 CX7 Touring AWD, '07 MS3 and the '95 NA8. Need to thin out the herd a bit, probably the CX7. I like the new car, not any different than our old '13 Touring except for the AWD and no roof rack, otherwise, it's the same.

Ouch! Hope you have been recovering well!

Stitches are out, thanks!

Just had my Blizzak WS90 tires in 225/65 17" put on today. We are in for snow through Wednesday and I have to go up to the mountains on Wednesday.

That*s a lot of work especially your job included flywheel rotation. I did the starter job a while ago on my 1998 Honda CR-V by cleaning up all the carbon and metal debris inside and lubricating all moving parts. Most people would just get a rebuild starter and replace it.

Well, by rotating the flex plate I just turned the engine by hand. To place the starter gear teeth in a different spot. Then I out the starter back on. Issue hasn't returned. I didnt rebuild the starter but I did disassemble and clean the motor parts (and it was a b**** to get the spring loaded brush back into the case). But that was my first time messing with a starter so now I've learned something new. Had I taken it to a shop I probably would have ended up buying a new (used for $75 on LKQ) starter + labor

Latest posts

Back