NEMOC Random BS Thread

Just when I think that RX-7 bay can't get any sexier, he drops that last photo on us! :)

And that VC is pure sex Kyle!

Good to know about the torque wrench Bruce.

So how many four letter words were uttered Chris? I know you are working during the day now but have a feeling your neighbor may have called in a noise disturbance after the MR2 fiasco.

Hah hah! There were definitely some expletives uttered for sure! Looks like the MR2 will be on jack stands for the next two weeks while we wait for parts to come in. Might use that time to rebuild the distributor and fix the valve cover leaks. I have parts to do the water pump and timing belt too...if I get ambitious.

I took the Rx7 for another drive at lunch. Needs work, but is going to be fun once its dialed in. I scheduled some dyno time at Flat Out Motorsports in Mendon. They have a load based hub dyno that should make it easier to road tune.

That VC is super pimp :D

Unsolicited advice guy here:

If it's all over the top, it's either your valve cover gasket or the Cam Angle Sensor O-ring. The CAS O-rings are a super common failure point.

If it's under the car on the trans, it's probably your rear main seal, which you'll want to change while you have the trans out regardless if it's got unknown mileage.

I did replace the CAS o-ring a few years ago, but there is a fair amount of oil around it so maybe it already failed, again. Or I just got a bad o-ring to begin with. Ill have to find another and replace it again.

New rear main seal to go in within the month when I pull the tranny to put the new clutch in, along with tranny input and output seals.

Needed new summer tires for the Focus. Trying to do it on the cheap. 15" are cheaper than 16" so went to Kijiji, our version of Craigs List, and scored 15" Ford Al rims and almost new tires for $250. Guy also threw in new front brake pads.

Still trying to score a set of used 17x9 rims, with or with tires, but it's proving to be difficult to find the correct offset and someone selling them close to the border. A set came up for sale this week on Miata.net but in SC.

Mia is still in storage, snow is still around the shed and I can't or don't want to bring it out yet. Racing starts in May.

I had to get some tires that were acceptable in the rain for the Rx7. Decided on Vredestein Sprint Classics. They are mis-classed on TireRack as a street tire, but drivers have been using them as vintage race tires. Not a lot of options in 13 so I figured I would give them a try. These will go on the stock rims. I still have a few track days left on the 15 Nittos but there is basically no tread left.

Oh, and its official. Im heading to N.C for Deals Gap Rotary Rally the first weekend in May. Tail of the Dragon baby! Assuming the Rx7 is tuned and ready, I will be driving it down. If not, guess Ill take the REPU.

824ed317cf6e6780ef78e272c98843c1.jpg

I had to get some tires that were acceptable in the rain for the Rx7. Decided on Vredestein Sprint Classics. They are mis-classed on TireRack as a street tire, but drivers have been using them as vintage race tires. Not a lot of options in 13 so I figured I would give them a try. These will go on the stock rims. I still have a few track days left on the 15 Nittos but there is basically no tread left.

Oh, and its official. Im heading to N.C for Deals Gap Rotary Rally the first weekend in May. Tail of the Dragon baby! Assuming the Rx7 is tuned and ready, I will be driving it down. If not, guess Ill take the REPU.

824ed317cf6e6780ef78e272c98843c1.jpg

Nice to have rotary options! Enjoy the dragon.....Ill be out that way this weekend, little get away...heading back home may first.

Im at the point where I was with the truck now. Starts up, idles fine, cruises fine, but transient throttle sucks and it stalls coming to a stop.

Im scheduled to drop it off for a tune on Tuesday so I think its as good as I can get it.

60d298daaf364910308f76174ed063c3.jpg

New topic, thinking of driving out to Laguna Seca for Miata Reunion in Oct. going to take 10 days +-....Kinda a bucket list trip for me....looking for anyone that would like to join me. You could ride with me too, but youll have to pack light! [emoji6]We can share hotel expenses so it becomes a lot cheaper....anyway lmk if you might like to take a cross country trip!
https://www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com/

New topic, thinking of driving out to Laguna Seca for Miata Reunion in Oct. going to take 10 days +-....Kinda a bucket list trip for me....looking for anyone that would like to join me. You could ride with me too, but you*ll have to pack light! [emoji6]We can share hotel expenses so it becomes a lot cheaper....anyway lmk if you might like to take a cross country trip!
https://www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com/

I'd so love to do this trip but I just can't devote that much time off from work, considering how much time will be spent driving the midwest! I should be seeing you in CA though since my plan now is to fly out to a friends place and come down in his miata to Laguna Seca.

Heres a fun video, Id suggest watching the whole series but this one stands alone. Preface: Rob is putting a 13b-rew into a corvette and plans to sneak into LS Fest, a car meet for corvettes and people swapping LS motors into other chassis. He wants to make sure he isnt recognized and kicked out.

https://youtu.be/Q9b1_8tXlT0

Heres a fun video, Id suggest watching the whole series but this one stands alone. Preface: Rob is putting a 13b-rew into a corvette and plans to sneak into LS Fest, a car meet for corvettes and people swapping LS motors into other chassis. He wants to make sure he isnt recognized and kicked out.

https://youtu.be/Q9b1_8tXlT0

How many ts did you buy? [emoji6]

I'd so love to do this trip but I just can't devote that much time off from work, considering how much time will be spent driving the midwest! I should be seeing you in CA though since my plan now is to fly out to a friends place and come down in his miata to Laguna Seca.

Thats what Robin wants me to do, fly out, but then no Miata, kind of not what its all about

I'd love to go but probably can't swing it. Mary wants to go to Ireland this fall.

I thought the CX-5 wouldn't be too bad on that road, was it really a fail?

Mia is still in storage and probably not coming out till I race in May.

[emoji3525], oh well, the cx5 would have been fine, but robin thinks were going to tip over, so 25mph [emoji17].
Returning to MA next Tuesday so top down time time, finally!!!!

[emoji3525], oh well, the cx5 would have been fine, but robin thinks were going to tip over, so 25mph [emoji17].
Returning to MA next Tuesday so top down time time, finally!!!!

So I looked into a rental [emoji15]
6f5d0794fda1257a6c39eca11b606bfb.jpg

I think its cheaper to drive my car out, and have more fun!

Back