Rear Door Drainage

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
I made a video showing how the rear doors don't drain good while the doors are closed. The front doors drain fine when closed. Anyway, it can potentially lead to rust. Opening them to drain after getting soaking wet, and hitting them with an anti-rust oil should prevent any potential rust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdcIgem3SQ8

The doors are constantly draining through every time it rains. They are treated with rust preventative in manufacture and don*t take any harm.

Every car I've owned in the last 16 years does this. Better sealing (presumably for wind noise reduction) seems to hold some of the water although as Anchorman suggests they do drain enough through normal use to not be a problem. The only car I had an issue with was a Seat Leon (Ist generation) where it always leaked when it rained from 6 months old brand new although that's another long and involved story which I won't bore people with.

interesting...I will have to check next time our CX5 gets wet!

But, how did you get 4.6K subscribers?

But, how did you get 4.6K subscribers?

Looks like most of the views come from figs, fishing, and fireworks lol. I assume some of those people also sub to his channel.

Back