2019 CX-5 getting 2.5 Turbo engine??

As a general rule the OE tires on most cars are mildly bad at least. Exceptions are performance models that have Michelin Pilot PS4 or the like.

Maybe you just need stickier tires? Mazda always uses the narrowest wheels possible with "average" oem tires.
I wouldn't argue with that. Although the tires are still very new, with the majority of tread life left, they are very thin for their overall size and designed more for comfort than road grip. That being said, I'm sure the cx-5 would come with a similar setup.

Put what ever tyres on the AWD 2.5T CX-5, won't be faster than the 2.5T 6 because of extra weight.

However should help it make it better than what ever stock tyres they place on AWD 2.5T CX-5 :)

I think these numbers are right:

Stelvio Quadrifoglio: 0-60 3.3 sec
Giulia Quadrifoglio: 0-60 3.6 sec

The Stelvio weighs more.

It may weight more but power delivery of the engine is different to the 2.5T Mazda hence having AWD negates any weight increase therefore better performance from Stelvio

Last edited:
And on launch RWD isn’t at nearly the disadvantage of FWD. But the biggest problem in my opinion is that you guys are just over simplifying this. It’s not as simple as some maths with weight torque and AWD or not. So many factors also play into one being faster or slower.

Last edited:
Yes..RWD only for Giulia Q, AWD only for all Stelvios
The Quads are monsters and AWD is def your friend at launch esp with that kind of power on tap

Last edited:
And on launch RWD isn’t at nearly the disadvantage of AWD. But the biggest problem in my opinion is that you guys are just over simplifying this. It’s not as simple as some maths with weight torque and AWD or not. So many factors also play into one being faster or slower.

(iagree) but these do play a significant part though.

Also re the 2.5T, it's power delivery for a turbo engine is different to say the turbo in the Alfas.

Back