New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WhatsApp is accessed via Android Auto on the phone. The phone is connected to the car via bluetooth.

I'm confused...have you performed the "official" AA/CP upgrade outlined in this thread to your Mazda (or bought a Mazda6 that has it installed)?? Phones running AA/CP are connected to the Mazda Connect system primarily via a wired connection (though there are some apps like Waze that use still Bluetooth to connect additionally/alternatively). As you've stated that there are several people reporting in Google Forums they are having this issue with a variety of built-in bluetooth systems, I have to think it it most likely a compatibility issue that WhatsApp needs to address, and not specific to AA, or more specifically the Mazda "official" upgrade being discussed in this thread...?

CarPlay Issue

Just finished installing my CarPlay and before I buttoned up the dash, I tried it out and it worked fine. I then put everything back together and tried it again.

It would not fire up. Apple CarPlay was greyed out in the settings and I continually got an Apple CarPlay Failed message.

I did a hard rest on the phone and was finally able to get CP to launch.

No sometimes, when using Amazon Music or SiriusXM or Spotify, the CP controls on the left show, but the rest of the screen is blank.

If I hit the home button on the phone, the screen shows the correct icons. Go back into the app and its blank again.

I rebooted phone and the apps were back in default order and now work properly.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
When will Mazda dealers be ready to install these in the USA? This for sure interests me as I am a heavy navigation user for my job and the Mazda navigation just isnt fast enough for me. Especially in big cities

After 3 different cancelled online dealer orders and a fourth one issuing a tracking number but neglecting to actually ship my package for 5 days (huh) until I contacted them, plus a subsequent weather related transport delay, I received the USB hub and cables yesterday. Completed the install between last evening and this morning (firmware update done previously)...not at all terrible, and nothing thankfully broken or damaged.

--tried the shortcut to access the hub via the footwell as I don't have huge hands, but tore the crap out of my forearm and have a nice big bruise as a result. I could get to the hub and easily removed the connector/existing USB cable, but could not release the tabs at the same time adequately enough.
--the add'l parts for the full removal were not a lot of extra work to complete, at least with the official removal instructions and guidance from those who came before me.
--Could not for the life of me get the two internal wiring connector mounts off of the rear and center console frame parts, so fudged that by pushing the rear console back as far as possible to allow the upper part with the hub to come out enough to get to the original hub.
--Got irritated and just broke off the tabs on the hub to get it removed. (wink)
--I was able to get the new USB cables from the CMU area down to the hub by simply dropping them off to the right, where I could see then them in the right footwell area, and then continue to route them around and behind into the hub area. Didn't need to use my fiberglass wire fish at all.
--Took the opportunity with the decoration panel off to re-do my ProClip mount, which I noticed was installed incorrectly and upside down.
--Tested before reassembly, and the CP prompt showed up and it worked.
--Everything went back together properly, although the center panel around the screen was slightly difficult to get back in place--you kinda have to flex it outwards to get the tabs to properly seat in both the top and side bottom areas.
--Had a minor heart attack for a moment when I first turned on the car again. The electronic emergency brake apparently needed time to reset, as it would not turn off and just flashed at me. After waiting a bit and turning the car off/on, it again worked as expected.
--Checked the errors and deleted the one noting that the headunit had been removed (had to move the car during disassembly with the CMU out).

Very happy with CarPlay, in particular since my Mazda Nav maps subscription expired a month ago. Pandora also works more reliably via CP than through the car's system (makes sense since it is direct from the phone, with no go-between as with the MZD Connect Pandora app).

Also noticed how much easier it is in general to release the various wire harness clips in this car versus my 2010 Mazda6, in particular on the CMU where navigation room was limited. The clips have much easier to release designs now.

Much thanks again to everyone's input to date on this, and a big thanks to (Mazda3 Revolution's) ASH8's tireless support of this effort and all the help provided.

Last edited:
Waze is live on CarPlay

Has anyone tested it? Release Notes state On supported models.

I know there was previous screenshots of the beta working on Mazda Connect CarPlay, hoping they didnt implement some kind of Manufacture Whitelist for the Production Release.

Waze is live on CarPlay

Has anyone tested it? Release Notes state *On supported models*.

I know there was previous screenshots of the beta working on Mazda Connect CarPlay, hoping they didn*t implement some kind of Manufacture Whitelist for the Production Release.

I updated Waze today and then tested by entering and navigating a 15 mile drive.
It works perfectly with my iPhone Xs Max.

Has anyone tested it? Release Notes state On supported models.

I know there was previous screenshots of the beta working on Mazda Connect CarPlay, hoping they didnt implement some kind of Manufacture Whitelist for the Production Release.

Worked perfectly on my GTI and iPhone X.

Waze via CP works exactly as expected on my 2016 CX-5 GT (using iPhone XS Max). Weird in a nice way to have this inter-operability on my car screen, but also timely as my MZD Connect map update subscription just expired two months ago. The CP/AA part cost was I think less than extending the official maps subscription for 3 years (whatever the offered length is), so a no-brainer for me to move to use CP and Google and Apple Maps + Waze.

One issue I saw with Waze is that when activating the microphone to enter a destination, it did not stay on. The pulsating logo disappeared almost immediately.

Waze via CP works exactly as expected on my 2016 CX-5 GT (using iPhone XS Max). Weird in a nice way to have this inter-operability on my car screen, but also timely as my MZD Connect map update subscription just expired two months ago. The CP/AA part cost was I think less than extending the official maps subscription for 3 years (whatever the offered length is), so a no-brainer for me to move to use CP and Google and Apple Maps + Waze.

Thats a great way to look at the cost. One time and no more extensions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back