Just another yellow P5 build...

Wow man compared to your p5 mine looks like I take it rally racing XD sweet build man I really love the attention to detail it definitely makes your protege stand out place s I've learned a lot from this build alone keep it going man

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Glad it's running sir!! Now ENJOY THEEE POWAAAAHHHH (He-man style)!!!!
Have you gotten the shrapnel removed from your knee yet?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Glad it's running sir!! Now ENJOY THEEE POWAAAAHHHH (He-man style)!!!!
Have you gotten the shrapnel removed from your knee yet?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Yup, shrapnel is out and healing nicely. Got the stitches removed yesterday. Will probably have a nice scar because the incision is about 2 inches long and in an area that stretches alot. Oh well.

Yeah, they're weathertechs. I love them. To my knowledge they've only been available in the "light" tint, but I think they're perfect. With stiff suspension and solid motor mounts, they do tend to squeak a bit with the windows partially down. I lube the tracks from time to time to stop it.

ah okay, going to replace the cheap ebay ones soon with those.. light tint is fine, as long as it serves its purpose lol they just slide right into the track right?
also, post up some pics of the car again! love seeing it. your thread is honestly what got me to make an account here lol

ah okay, going to replace the cheap ebay ones soon with those.. light tint is fine, as long as it serves its purpose lol they just slide right into the track right?
also, post up some pics of the car again! love seeing it. your thread is honestly what got me to make an account here lol
Thanks! The deflectors just slide right up in there and they have some adhesive on them that needs to dry with the window up fir a day or so. And yeah I will definantly get some good pics up soon. Weather has just been so ugly lately.

I'm in spanaway now I just moved out of the parents almost a year ago now haha but ya born n raised. Are you from around here?

I havnt gone to very many maybe two or three? The restaurant I used to work at had a big muscle crowd that came around often

I havnt gone to very many maybe two or three? The restaurant I used to work at had a big muscle crowd that came around often

I should be at XXX rootbeer import meet, maybe nissanfest, definately Stancewars, Both Driftcons. You should come out and meet up sometime.

Ordered a 185 thermostat for the mishimoto inline oil thermostat. It came with a 160 one, and it seems too cold. With my huge oil cooler, normal driving conditions only hits 159 degrees. The second it hits 160, it opens up and almost a half quart of near freezing oil is introduced to the system. It works too well in this weather. Probably why my piston slap doesn't completely go away. But It i definately a luxury being able to set oil pressure, and to have the ability to control how much cooling I want. Without the mishimoto t-stat, this setup would not work in this weather, fully warm oil temp would be like 130 if it were to be run through the cooler constantly.

Any opposition to running Rotella t6 5w40 after break in? Thinking I'd like a little heavier weight after hot, to help the piston slap a bit.

When you say piston slap what exactly do you mean? Sorry I'm still unlearned and just trying to pick everyone's minds for a bit XD

When you say piston slap what exactly do you mean? Sorry I'm still unlearned and just trying to pick everyone's minds for a bit XD

Although I had the machinist measure the piston-to-wall clearances on the spot for me, and they all looked great, it's still as though there a bit looser in the bores than they ought to be. Piston slap is audible clacking caused by lateral movement of the piston within the cylinder. The pistons tip a little bit and rattle.

Oh alright kinda like knocking but instead of firing wrong the piston is 'slapping' the side of the cylinder?

Sort of, knocking, pinging, preignition, and detonation are all terms for avoidable running conditions. Piston slap something physical, more like rod knock, but less harmful.

Back