19' CX5 shutting off while driving...

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT + PREM Pkg 2019 CX5- GT Reserve
has this happened to any of you? it has happened twice in the last 2 weeks. car shuts off for a second while driving (moving) and turns back on. I've already scheduled an apt with my dealer, just wanted to see if any of you had experienced this.

Check battery terminals. This happened to me on a Honda Accord. Makes sure the terminals are clean and dry, and that the clamps are secured to the terminals tightly.

Check battery terminals. This happened to me on a Honda Accord. Makes sure the terminals are clean and dry, and that the clamps are secured to the terminals tightly.

This. This was on of the issues that caused my CX-5 to go boom and loose all power while I was driving it.

I've had my infotainment crash several times this week, but no power loss to the engine.

I've had my infotainment crash several times this week, but no power loss to the engine.

Yeah, there are threads all over the internet.. facebook, reddit, here about this.

As I said in another thread, I think it has something to do with an update SiriusXM did to their module in the car. They get pushed over the air and are usually unnoticeable to us.. My old Mazda6 used to get updates about once a month.

It can't be hardware.. I .... just can't fathom that hundreds of people's Infotainment hardware would all start to fail at the same time.

I've had the isuse myself - lots of random reboots, screen goes black but there's still SiriusXM audio playing.. stuttering on channels, you name it.

OP was not talking about info MID crashing.
Loose battery terminal is one likely causes as mentioned above.
Tighten it. See what happens.

It*s an awful description of what*s happening. What does *shutting off* mean? The engine stops and ignition off?

It*s an awful description of what*s happening. What does *shutting off* mean? The engine stops and ignition off?

Yeah something doesn't add up. So you're driving on the highway, engine shuts down and you just start coasting to a stop, and then the engine magically fires back up mid roll without doing anything, and you just keep driving?

Sorry for the poor wording.
As Im driving (car moving ) everything turns off (restarts. electrically ) engine still running. The dash + screen restarts as if the car has just been turned on (engine still going though) . This happens for 3-4 seconds and everything comes back on again (electrically). Cars currently at the dealer , no codes. Battery terminals are fine. Theyre looking into it . I have a feeling its siriusXm.

Back