2016 Mazda CX-5 - What do you not like?

Not sure about a 14. I have a 16 an you can adjust when you're in reverse. Look for a setting on your 14 for when you're in reverse.

Thank you, I didn't even think to try this and it worked!

I don't like the navigation constantly indicating upcoming cross streets, even when I'm not actively using the nav. I pulled the nav card because of this.

I'm really surprised this isn't an option that can be adjusted in Settings.

I don't like the navigation constantly indicating upcoming cross streets, even when I'm not actively using the nav. I pulled the nav card because of this.

I'm really surprised this isn't an option that can be adjusted in Settings.

You dont like one of the best features of CX-5 ! what !
The cross street name takes up an inch of your space, you can optionally go to settings and turn display off. I usually drive with display off to be lean on battery.

I don't like the navigation constantly indicating upcoming cross streets, even when I'm not actively using the nav.
Well, this feature has been off by itself in our 2016 CX-5 a few months back. Then I found my navigation can't be recognized by the infotainment system and it's no longer working anymore! (uhm)

I absolutely hate the transmission. It shoots to 5th or 6th gear as quickly as it possibly can, and takes forever to downshift if I need to accelerate. If I slow down from 30 to...say, 10 or 20, and then want to accelerate again, it stays in 5th gear and I have to floor it to get it to downshift. I had a 2015 that was the same way. The first dealership I went to replaced the transmission, but it was still doing the same thing. I traded it in a year later on a 2016, and this one is exactly the same as the old one.

I absolutely hate the transmission. It shoots to 5th or 6th gear as quickly as it possibly can, and takes forever to downshift if I need to accelerate. If I slow down from 30 to...say, 10 or 20, and then want to accelerate again, it stays in 5th gear and I have to floor it to get it to downshift. I had a 2015 that was the same way. The first dealership I went to replaced the transmission, but it was still doing the same thing. I traded it in a year later on a 2016, and this one is exactly the same as the old one.

Even in sport mode? On the '16.5 service loaner I had it seemed to be quite aggressive. I drive a lot of the time in manumatic mode while in city so not noticed much on my '15.

i have my share of complaints about the CX-5 (and prefer manual transmissions), but the auto transmission in my CX-5 has been a bright spot for me.

It does shift into 5th a little early when going up a ramp, but other than that, it's the best I've driven. Down-shifting can be done quickly by stabbing the gas pedal quickly, or use the semi-manual if anticipated.

It's unlikely that you get faulty transmission three times in a row. Perhaps this is just personal preferences, can you give example of cars that have transmission that you prefer?

The exhaust, and suspension.

That's quite normal if your DOT salts roads during the winter. I don't think I've ever had a car that didn't have rust on suspension parts after a few months of winter.

You can always wash the car after snow storms to remove salt residue.

Needs a convertible option
15994508_10154893982254257_6431410463553295873_o.jpg

That's quite normal if your DOT salts roads during the winter. I don't think I've ever had a car that didn't have rust on suspension parts after a few months of winter.

You can always wash the car after snow storms to remove salt residue.

Washing helps of course but around here, Northern Illinois, they salt the damn roads so heavily that the roads remain white even with no snow on them. Vehicles pick up this salt dust and then get coated in a nice fine salt patina that wreaks havoc on metal parts. I've seen piles of salt on the roads and that's not good for anybody.

The wheels, believe it or not. Just picked up new 2016.5 Grand Touring edition in white yesterday. When I shopped for it I asked the sales rep if there were options for the wheels. Not on the GT (except aftermarket). I'm sure they cost a fortune but I prefer a matte all silver color.

The wheels, believe it or not. Just picked up new 2016.5 Grand Touring edition in white yesterday. When I shopped for it I asked the sales rep if there were options for the wheels. Not on the GT (except aftermarket). I'm sure they cost a fortune but I prefer a matte all silver color.

you can pick up a decent set of aftermarket wheels for around $1,200. if Mazda offered a different set of OEM wheels, they'd definitely be over $2,500.

I guess it's a matter of preference bc I honestly love the wheels on my GT, only thing i'd like better is if they had a black chrome option similar to the cherokee

One other thing I hate: The keyless ignition. Ever since I got the car, I've been nervous about what would happen if it ever stopped working. Today, it stopped working, and the car is completely dead in the garage, and I've been waiting for the tow truck for two hours. At least I'm at home, and not stranded on the side of the road.

As far as the transmission: sillyxone, you're right, it is a matter of personal preference. I'm sure it's operating correctly. I just don't get along with it. I had a 2003 Protege for 12 years that had a manual transmission, and I'm used to being in control of the car. My main problem is that it's way too slow to downshift, and the throttle lag makes it feel "un-Mazda-like."
Kedis82ZE8, Sport mode goes too far in the other direction. I do love how responsive the throttle is in sport mode, but it holds onto lower gears way too long to make it useful for me in any situation other than accelerating onto the freeway.

One other thing I hate: The keyless ignition. Ever since I got the car, I've been nervous about what would happen if it ever stopped working. Today, it stopped working, and the car is completely dead in the garage, and I've been waiting for the tow truck for two hours. At least I'm at home, and not stranded on the side of the road.

Did you try physically pressing the button with the keyfob as show in the manual?
Do your brake lights come on when you press the brake pedal?

Did you try physically pressing the button with the keyfob as show in the manual?
Do your brake lights come on when you press the brake pedal?

Yes, and yes.
I also tried the second key fob. The batteries aren't low. The keyless entry works, but the ignition doesn't recognize the keys.

Back