mute button and Pandora

blitzebill

:
'18 Sport AWD
Just picked up an '18 Sport AWD with the i-Activesense pkg. Came from a '16.5 Touring AWD w/Nav whose lease was expiring, and traded in for the '18 ('16.5 apparently had extra equity beyond the residual).

Anyway, as I'm getting familiar with the new toys, I'm finding an issue already with the electronics (my '16.5 had lots of electronic bugs in it). When the audio is paired with Pandora on my phone, I hit the console mute button to silence Pandora commercials. But it not only mutes but pauses Pandora, which it shouldn't do.

Anyone seeing this same issue?

Thanks!

Loving this '18 otherwise.

As designed, sorry. When you get a phone call, it mutes the stereo. This, in turn, pauses Pandora so you continue where you left off after the call.

Has Pandora updated recently? Could be they caught on to this and consider mute the same as pause. The other possibility is the previous infotainment wasn't sending the mute signal and now the new one is.

Either way, Pandora reads it as a pause.

well I've tried the mute button with other music stream apps like TuneIn, and yes it does mute AND pause.

must have been updated between '16 and '18. Bummer.

Not that way with my 16. Mute mutes pandora but does not pause music. To pause music I have that option on the screen

Not that way with my 16. Mute mutes pandora but does not pause music. To pause music I have that option on the screen

Exactly, my 16 was how you describe it.

Mazda has changed the way that mute button works. It now pauses as well, which sucks.

Back