2018 Mazda CX 9 Pricing

Like I said a few posts ago, the OTD price is not very helpful since location dictates the sales taxes and other fees. The purchase price before trade-in and TTL is more useful.

Price of vehicle: $40223
Trade in : $22900
Document Fee: $175.95
CVR/DLF fee: $25
Sales Tax: $1226.68
License transfer fee: $125

If the price was $41588 BEFORE tax, tag, and licensing for a 2019 AWD CX9 GT, I think you could have done better. Just my opinion. However, the deal had quite a few variables included like a trade-in and all the extras thrown in. So, it might have been the best deal at that time. At this point, just enjoy the CX-9 since the deal is already done.

I was quoted $41,000 (before fees and taxes) for the same vehicle*2019 AWD CX-9 GT (Machine Gray). If a Signature can be indeed had for under $42,000, then I extrapolate $39,500 (before fees and taxes) for the vehicle I am interested in. Is that being too optimistic? I can*t imagine getting that good of a deal*My gut feeling is that anything under $41,000 is the best I could hope for...

Price of vehicle: $40223
Trade in : $22900
Document Fee: $175.95
CVR/DLF fee: $25
Sales Tax: $1226.68
License transfer fee: $125

Considering the 2018s are still available, I think you did pretty well, based on the advertised prices on Cars.com. There's one, that seems totally out in left field, being advertised for $37,727. Not sure how the dealership can offer it at that price, maybe they don't have 2018s anymore?

I was quoted $41,000 (before fees and taxes) for the same vehicle*2019 AWD CX-9 GT (Machine Gray). If a Signature can be indeed had for under $42,000, then I extrapolate $39,500 (before fees and taxes) for the vehicle I am interested in. Is that being too optimistic? I can*t imagine getting that good of a deal*My gut feeling is that anything under $41,000 is the best I could hope for...

My opinion entirely, nitrous_nit's price seems to be the going rate for a 2019 AWD CX-9 GT *at this time*. So, anything lower than that is probably a good deal. Some dealerships still have 2018s in stock and will likely want to get rid of those before the 2019s, which means they will not be as inclined to negotiate. Having said that, if you can wait until almost the end of the year -- like week of Christmas and New Year -- you may get a better deal IF the dealership is needing to sell a unit from their inventory. Good luck and happy hunting.

Looking at a few CPO 2018 CX-9s... What would be a good price to pay for a Grand Touring? One has about 3,400 miles and the other has 10,000. I don't see any new 2018s left on lots near where I live and I don't see a 2019 GT fitting into my budget. Anyone have any concerns with buying a CPO 2018? I assume these were either demo or loaner cars, but haven't checked with the dealer yet. Thanks!

Looking at a few CPO 2018 CX-9s... What would be a good price to pay for a Grand Touring? One has about 3,400 miles and the other has 10,000. I don't see any new 2018s left on lots near where I live and I don't see a 2019 GT fitting into my budget. Anyone have any concerns with buying a CPO 2018? I assume these were either demo or loaner cars, but haven't checked with the dealer yet. Thanks!

IMHO, CPOs are a good deal especially if they include some sort of extension of the warranty. Now, the discount has to be significant such that it would really make sense to get one over a brand new unit that has sales incentives. CPOs don't normally have any incentives but I've seen European makes dangle financing incentives to sell CPOs.

A 2018 CX-9 GT AWD would *ideally* be had for around $38K + taxes, maybe even less (another forum member recently scored a 2018 Signature for around $38700). So, another $3500 or so for the 3,400 mile one would probably be a good deal on that CPO.

IMHO, CPOs are a good deal especially if they include some sort of extension of the warranty. Now, the discount has to be significant such that it would really make sense to get one over a brand new unit that has sales incentives. CPOs don't normally have any incentives but I've seen European makes dangle financing incentives to sell CPOs.

A 2018 CX-9 GT AWD would *ideally* be had for around $38K + taxes, maybe even less (another forum member recently scored a 2018 Signature for around $38700). So, another $3500 or so for the 3,400 mile one would probably be a good deal on that CPO.

Got a price for a 2018 CX9 touring with premium pack of 32751.00 with eplan and rebates added in before Tax and other fees. Is this good??

It is a new AWD unit that has 250 miles on it .I got the eplan because I work at a plex [not sales]. I plan on trading a 2016 cx5 gt with tech package with 25000 miles on it .Hope to get 20k on it .They have two units like this and are eager to move them since the 19 s have come out .I looked at the numbers and they look good to me .

There is lot of good information on this site, thank you all. Just wanted to share my details.

I took delivery of my new Mazda CX-9 Sport (everything else was way over my budget).

2018 CX-9 Sport FWD - Titanium with the optional equipment package (Power seat/Auto headlights/Rain sensing wipers/High Beam Control/ Radar Cruise /Heated Front seats & Side mirrors/ Lane Departure/ Lane Keep/ Smart Brake support) - MSRP 34,450 and I paid 29750 (Taxes & Fees extra).

Pulled the deal yesterday ....painless process except for the usual F+I song and dance . Got a nice trade in price for my cx5 . Very happy with 20% off msrp ,

I have considered the CX-5 but its just feels small (traded in my Tacoma truck) even though I don't haul passengers but do need a SUV to tow jetski/trailer combo of 1200lbs. Currently own a 2016 MX ND that I drive daily. For the current generation of the CX9, are they going to change to a new body soon? Don't want to purchase something and have it change.

Thanks,
TT

I have considered the CX-5 but its just feels small (traded in my Tacoma truck) even though I don't haul passengers but do need a SUV to tow jetski/trailer combo of 1200lbs. Currently own a 2016 MX ND that I drive daily. For the current generation of the CX9, are they going to change to a new body soon? Don't want to purchase something and have it change.

Thanks,
TT

I don't think there is any change expected. They have been refining that car since it introduction in 2016 and it is now is really in fine form. The only nit would be the 360 camera on the 2019.

Is there any chance the CX-8 body could make it here in the USA?

The CX-9 has the smallest cargo volume in this segment as it is (equal to CR-V). Can't imagine how small CX-8 will be. But it will definitely be a better CX-5 as CX-5 is also the smallest in its segment

Last edited:
The CX-9 has the smallest cargo volume in this segment as it is (equal to CR-V). Can't imagine how small CX-8 will be. But it will definitely be a better CX-5 as CX-5 is also the smallest in its segment

Yes that is the problem. The CX-9 is larger ( wheel base and overall length) than some of the other "mid-size" SUV's but the cargo space is on the small side. It's enough for me but it is a much larger vehicle than the CX-5. I'd be taking a strong look at the CX-5 turbo models but when they lost almost 6 Cubic ft of cargo space they kind of lost me on that vehicle. It's just too small. The CX-8 would fill the gap nicely. I'd hate to throw down on the current CX-9 only to see either a full refresh or the CX-8 show up in the next 2 years.

Got a price for a 2018 CX9 touring with premium pack of 32751.00 with eplan and rebates added in before Tax and other fees. Is this good??

Im in the middle of an over-night test drive on a 2018 CX-9 GT AWD (metal gray/black). It's was a dealer driven car with 5500 miles on it. Sold as new so full factory warranty from today and will extend the mileage to 41k miles. Current negotiated deal is $34,675 before fees but I don't pay sales tax as a Montana resident so just a doc fee blah blah for another $400.00. They are showing me 18k for my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD and that's fair. They tried to close me today by saying the employee discount expires tonight and that was where they were getting some of the discount from. I'll let them know tomorrow. Price fair. I may get further but the bottom line is is it worth another 16k to drive a slightly used CX-9 over a 2016 CX-5? Its a bigger more solid car for sure. Wife drove it and liked it partially because with a few exceptions it is the same car inside other than space. That's one of the things I don't like but I never dis-liked the CX-5 interior. Just a little small.

So is this a good way to go? Dealer car... 5500 miles. The color I want etc for a substantial discount over a new 2019. I know vented seats are great but never used them all that much unless it was very hot out. The 360 camera on the 2019 is not well received and they can reboot Apple car play and make the head unit the same as a 2019. I do like the new gauge cluster on the 2019 but is it worth another 6-7 grand. Not sure.

Back