Oxygen Sensor SPACER/EXTENDER - Verdict?

:
'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White
So, what's the word on those? Anyone used those with CX5? Benefits/downsides?

Thanks

So, what's the word on those? Anyone used those with CX5? Benefits/downsides?

Thanks

I've only seen people using these to help spoof readings on custom exhaust setups/aftermarket manifolds..

What are you trying to do exactly? Change air/fuel mixtures?

I think they also want to put it further from exhaust with OEM.

Why do you need one? Unless you have removed your CAT or run an aftermarket exhaust that is triggering a CEL, there is no benefit to installing one.

Why do you need one? Unless you have removed your CAT or run an aftermarket exhaust that is triggering a CEL, there is no benefit to installing one.

I did not say I need one. I was just curious what is the general opinion about those in here.

I did not say I need one. I was just curious what is the general opinion about those in here.

As Chris_Top_Her stated, they're really only used to spoof readings on custom exhaust setups/aftermarket manifolds. You either need one, or you don't, and they either work, or they don't. The only other measure is reliability/durability, and for that you'd need to compare 02 extenders from different manufacturers.

Maybe you meant to ask what an 02 extender does, since you didn't provide any specifics that would lead us to believe that you were looking for opinions on a particular 02 extender.

My apologies. No one usually ask something like that for oxygen sensors spacers, unless said person has or is planning to mod their exhaust system.

As Chris_Top_Her stated, they're really only used to spoof readings on custom exhaust setups/aftermarket manifolds. You either need one, or you don't, and they either work, or they don't. The only other measure is reliability/durability, and for that you'd need to compare 02 extenders from different manufacturers.

Maybe you meant to ask what an 02 extender does, since you didn't provide any specifics that would lead us to believe that you were looking for opinions on a particular 02 extender.

No.

I have read that some people do use those to: 1. Position an element in between exhaust/sensor to provide better removal/install options. 2. Some claim that by using the extender , the sensor might last longer.

Emission testing was not a part of my inquiry.

In any case, your all replies are very much appreciated.

Back