NEMOC Random BS Thread

I've actually been using a beard conditioner, oil and balm to help soften it. I prefer the balm, the oil makes my face feel greasy.

Hey bro! Lol
4f61a4fbb7e037908b7243b48490c2e0.jpg

My brother!!

Just use regular lotion. The beard stuff is more expensive. I've tried both and don't see the difference.

You must meet mother.

Not really, bought them one at a time during our weekly grocery run. Plus the wife got $1 back on each from her ibotta app. :)

Gauges look awesome!!!!

Very clean work Chris!

Took the 3 in for it's 1st oil change and an issue with the rear defogger not staying on. Turned out the body control module was bad and was replaced. 1st issue I've had with any mazda I've owned. The P5 and the Miata never had any warranty claims. Apparently this is a common issue with the 3's??

Another item of notice while reading the manual is that Canadian 3's, not sure what other models this applies to, you can turn the DRL's off. I had noticed that this was the case with Mary's 3 which is great since I hate DRL's for many reasons. I was worried that the DRL's would come back on after the Body Module change since this is one of the things it controls but they have stayed off. Only the dealer can make this change.

Took the 3 in for it's 1st oil change and an issue with the rear defogger not staying on. Turned out the body control module was bad and was replaced. 1st issue I've had with any mazda I've owned. The P5 and the Miata never had any warranty claims. Apparently this is a common issue with the 3's??

Another item of notice while reading the manual is that Canadian 3's, not sure what other models this applies to, you can turn the DRL's off. I had noticed that this was the case with Mary's 3 which is great since I hate DRL's for many reasons. I was worried that the DRL's would come back on after the Body Module change since this is one of the things it controls but they have stayed off. Only the dealer can make this change.

Why such hate for DRLs? I think they make a big difference when it come to seeing oncoming vehicles in the daytime.

Why such hate for DRL*s? I think they make a big difference when it come to seeing oncoming vehicles in the daytime.

I have a problem with using headlights as DRL's. I see so many idiots driving in the dark with just DRL's on. It shortens the life of headlights. DRL's if needed should be the Turn Lights, this is how I have the miata. I've seen some chevy's as well using the turn indicators.

Also I find that with most cars these days, seeing the turn indicator with the headlight on is next to impossible. I wish the turn indicator would be separate from the headlight assembly. These are just a few of the reasons DRL's should be trashed.

I agree with Bruce, the turn signals should or a separate light should be used for them. While I'm ranting, I also don't like how the gauge clusters in some newer cars light up even with the lights off. I see way too many people driving at night with no lights on because of this. You'd think they'd realize when they can't see the road but....

How was Daytona Mark?

I have a problem with using headlights as DRL's. I see so many idiots driving in the dark with just DRL's on. It shortens the life of headlights. DRL's if needed should be the Turn Lights, this is how I have the miata. I've seen some chevy's as well using the turn indicators.

Also I find that with most cars these days, seeing the turn indicator with the headlight on is next to impossible. I wish the turn indicator would be separate from the headlight assembly. These are just a few of the reasons DRL's should be trashed.
I have fancy LEDs for driving lights that turn off when I use a signal in my Jetta

I agree with Bruce, the turn signals should or a separate light should be used for them. While I'm ranting, I also don't like how the gauge clusters in some newer cars light up even with the lights off. I see way too many people driving at night with no lights on because of this. You'd think they'd realize when they can't see the road but....

How was Daytona Mark?

Daytona was a blast! The thing is huge! Sunday was a wash out, but overall it was great! Ill be back next year!

Agreed Jeff. I also amazed that in bad weather during the day how few people turn on their lights. I think people rely on the automatic headlights too much. Some states and provinces require lights on if you are using your wipers.

Checked into the Club Quarters hotel on Devonshire St around 11:30pm. My son and I drove up for the parade today. [emoji16]

I wanted to be close to City Hall in hopes of getting a good view at the end of the route.
Daytona was a blast! The thing is huge! Sunday was a wash out, but overall it was great! Ill be back next year!
Cool! It is on my bucket list to do. When I do get there, I will do The Tail of the Dragon on my way home. Can mark off two items in one trip.
Agreed Jeff. I also amazed that in bad weather during the day how few people turn on their lights. I think people rely on the automatic headlights too much. Some states and provinces require lights on if you are using your wipers.
OMG, drives me crazy! In PA and NJ it is the law but I NEVER see troopers with their lights on when it is raining.
a523041194a6fa6e5e5e17e3e9beff6b.jpg

My son throwing up the 6!

We were standing on the curb in front if City Hall across from Center Plaza.

AWESOME!

Mr. Kraft pointed to my son and screamed "LET'S GO!"! That is my sons finger in the shot. [emoji38]

0c1bf0325b515d7e3c20f340639cc1af.jpg

393f69c7cd93a0bce5d1f5b3a89a0d40.jpg

Last edited:
It is on my bucket list to do. When I do get there, I will do The Tail of the Dragon on my way home. Can mark off two items in one trip.
I gotta get to Daytona as well, maybe next year.

This year Im going to try to make it to the Deals Gap Rotary Rally. Gotta finish the car...but I think they attendees would rather see the REPU, but Id much rather hit the dragon in the 7.

Back