Anyone install a rear bumper guard on their '17 CX5?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Would like to find something that's not quite as flashy as these. Also want to find something that goes over the lip of the rear bumper where you're likely to have damage.

I've looked around online but I don't trust sites that day it will fit "2013-2017".
1a9ad9eba06bd1a152fe2f6b397d7a7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I too am trying to find one with a lip that goes over the edge since that's where it scratches the easiest. The OEM one doesn't seem to protect much. I got one of those on my 3 and it goes over the edge just enough to protect it from bumps and scratches.

18B1CF97-CA3C-4D56-B81E-E57DC5940162_zpsf5it0dgi.jpg

I recommend the Mazda soft cargo liner (OEM #0000-8K-R05). It covers the entire cargo area, including the backs of the rear seats. It also has a velcro detachable flap that hangs over the rear bumper:
16CX5SoftCargoLiner.jpg

Oops, just realized I'm not sure this is available for the 2017s.

I too am trying to find one with a lip that goes over the edge since that's where it scratches the easiest. The OEM one doesn't seem to protect much. I got one of those on my 3 and it goes over the edge just enough to protect it from bumps and scratches.

Was that an ebay buy? I need one for my 3 too but haven't found one to my liking yet (was hoping for a black one). This looks like it might do the trick for me protection wise though - I'm constantly moving computer equipment and boxes in and out of my car and I'm just waiting for it to take a hit. Just hate how it would stand out so much on my soul red.

Last edited:
I recommend the Mazda soft cargo liner (OEM #0000-8K-R05). It covers the entire cargo area, including the backs of the rear seats. It also has a velcro detachable flap that hangs over the rear bumper:
16CX5SoftCargoLiner.jpg

Oops, just realized I'm not sure this is available for the 2017s.

That's not my cup of tea. Although nice that it covers the seat backs inside anything that flap over a dirty rear end is bound to do nearly as much harm as it does good. I just want to protect the top and front lip in the event that something were dropped on it or dragged across it on it's way in / out of the car.

We also already have the rubber liner mat. After having it in my 3 it was an insta-buy for the CX5. It does a really good job of containing / being easy to clean as well as stopping stuff from sliding around.

just do some clear bra material on the rear bumper. Any brand should do and a local installer should have no issues putting it on. it is virtually invisible and can take a pretty good beating, but it isn't impervious to damage.

Ask around but it should go for under $100.

If you get the front done, the instal shop my cut you a deal on the rear bumper

Example: Xpel has a rear bumper kit for $90 and gave it the easiest rating for install

I'm sure there are cheaper or you could by a sheet/roll and DIY it if you feel comfortable playing with a laminate film

I too have been looking for a rear bumper guard for my 2017 CX-5. I wanted one that would protect the bumper edge and purchased a stainless steel aftermarket guard that was suppose to fit 2013-2017 on ebay. It did not fit. Apparently, although both 2017 and prior CX-5 have curved bumpers, the radius for the 2017 bumper is greater.

Next, I purchased the 0000-8K-R06 cargo liner because it has the flap to protect the bumper. However, I found the fabric to be too thin and do not believe that it will hold up with my dog scratching at it.

My final solution was to buy the rubber cargo mat and use a towel to protect the bumper. It looks a little ghetto but it works for me and my dog.
CX5_20170627.jpg

I too have been looking for a rear bumper guard for my 2017 CX-5. I wanted one that would protect the bumper edge and purchased a stainless steel aftermarket guard that was suppose to fit 2013-2017 on ebay. It did not fit. Apparently, although both 2017 and prior CX-5 have curved bumpers, the radius for the 2017 bumper is greater.

Next, I purchased the 0000-8K-R06 cargo liner because it has the flap to protect the bumper. However, I found the fabric to be too thin and do not believe that it will hold up with my dog scratching at it.

My final solution was to buy the rubber cargo mat and use a towel to protect the bumper. It looks a little ghetto but it works for me and my dog.
View attachment 217001

I have seen those ones on ebay that say '17 and prior models. Wondered if truly the same or not.

Thanks for taking a gander at it and saving the rest of us some trouble.

Back