Should I pull the trigger - is this a good price??

Mharris

:
Toyota
Used 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Save $15,487 Mileage: 77,042

One owner, Gray exterior

One Accident:
Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision
Involving front impact
with another motor vehicle
Front primarily damaged
Right front primarily damaged
Airbags did not deploy

Hell no. I have a 2015 touring and when it had 55k or something miles, I was offered 13.5k trade. Zero accidents. The gt is worth more, but not enough to make up for 20k miles and an accident.

Knock 2k off..maybe but I'd keep looking..
My loaded 14 awd gt with tech pkg @70k very clean, no accidents would fetch 12-13 on a good/great day..

Last edited:
So what is a good price for a used one? I found one today for 19,000 2014 cx 5, no accidents 1 owner, 50K miles.

Mharris - you need to go to kbb.com and see what the car should sell for.
Make sure you get your trims etc correct - Mazda is one of the simpler ones to estimate.

Whatever is in kbb.com - you need to pay around that, maybe you can knock off few hundreds or even a thousand dollars if you are good at negotiating. Try to stay away from GT / with Tech that is in front end collision. It has sensors upfront and you really want to stay away from such cars because if the sensor fails - it could prove costly.

In my opinion and a few articles i have read - the Touring which is middle trim is *best* value. But since you are going for used you may get good GT trims for your budget as well.

Check this out - go to Mazda USA and list up CPO vehicles - if you are not a mechanic and want a hassle free experience, value wise a 40K-50K CX5 with CPO warranty (extends till 100K) is a sweet spot. Ofcourse some thing with 30K is even better because it still has 6K bumper to bumper warranty.

If I am correct - it seems you are new to buying. There is no shame in asking many questions but mostly decide on what trim / year / mileage you want based on budget. People here will be happy to guide you.

Check KBB.COM, CARS.COM, TRUECAR.COM to have an idea what prices are in your area. Used cars, the same as new ones vary on price from state to state and from city to city.

Regardless of price, I will not even consider a vehicle that had an accident. I will move on for other vehicle.

Eh, that depends. My CX-5 got rear-ended in 2015. Woah sounds bad! All they had to do was replace the rear lift-gate and bumper, the underlying frame, etc. was all fine. Is my car now worse off just because it has a new rear bumper and liftgate?

Just be smart about finding out the extent of the accident damage.

Edit: And that's a good point Kaps, GT's and certain packages do have more tech and sensors that my bare bones Touring does not have. So in that case, yeah I'd probably avoid the accident vehicle.

Last edited:
Again - tell us what you want to spend and what features you want the most.

Some search results for CPO - first indy zip code I saw 46077:

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-t...yr=2017,2016,2015,2014,2013,2012&p=1&ps=9&s=d

DEALER PRICE
$ 20,990
MILEAGE
Exterior: DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE MICA
Interior: SAND
Transmission: 6-SPEED AUTO TRAN
Engine: 2.5L SKYACTIV G

DEALER PRICE
$ 25,490
MILEAGE
Exterior: DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE MICA
Interior: SAND

DEALER PRICE
$ 19,995
MILEAGE
Exterior: CRYSTAL WHITE PEARL MICA
Interior: BLACK

DEALER PRICE
$ 17,990
MILEAGE
Exterior: SOUL RED METALLIC
Interior: BLACK
Engine: 2.0L SKYACTIV G

Thanks all. I want my payment to be under 350 for 5 years. Yes I am new to buying I'm going through a divorce. I don't car about any features but back up camera and leather. I have kids so leather holds up better. I plan on keeping the vehicle as long as possible. I have 2500 down. I also want black or dark gray for exterior I will check all the other sites you meation thanks.

Thanks all. I want my payment to be under 350 for 5 years. Yes I am new to buying I'm going through a divorce. I don't car about any features but back up camera and leather. I have kids so leather holds up better. I plan on keeping the vehicle as long as possible. I have 2500 down. I also want black or dark gray for exterior I will check all the other sites you meation thanks.

Factory leather comes in GT trim which is highest. I recommend searching Sport / Touring because they are cheaper and if you dont care for features they will be cheaper to own. You can always get aftermarket Leather covers etc.
That would be my recommendation.

Based on your budget you can get a 5 year 3 % loan for 19000 and get 341 as your payment. So you can target an OTD price of 21500 which means you need to be under 20000 for cars list price.
Once again - if you dont care for any features your Sport Trim will be a better choice. What you save you can get aftermarket Leather. I have a 3 year old and light cream colored cloth seats in my Touring - they look ROBUST man.

Anyhows good luck and hope you get through the tough time.

Factory leather comes in GT trim which is highest. I recommend searching Sport / Touring
because they are cheaper and if you dont care for features they will be cheaper to own. You can always get aftermarket Leather covers etc.
That would be my recommendation.

Based on your budget you can get a 5 year 3 % loan for 19000 and get 341 as your payment. So you can target an OTD price of 21500 which means you need to be under 20000 for cars list price.
Once again - if you dont care for any features your Sport Trim will be a better choice. What you save you can get aftermarket Leather. I have a 3 year old and light cream colored cloth seats in my Touring - they look ROBUST man.

Anyhows good luck and hope you get through the tough time.

I never knew that after market leather existed. Thanks for the tip.

I never knew that after market leather existed. Thanks for the tip.

GT will have 19 inch wheels - expensive tires and wheels together but look good.
It has leather
It has power seats. It has some more technology - Blind Spot monitor and rear traffic alert.
it has moon roof and Bose audio.

Touring will have
17 inch wheels same as sport
cloth seats - I would recommend you live with these they are robust.
power seats / BSM and RCTA.

Sport has
backup camera, really basic seats, manual seats and not power. few less features.

In short if your thing is keep cost down - Sport wins, followed by Touring. For Touring you may not even need leather seats. Test it out.
Look for CPO Sport - it will have 7year / 100,000 miles warranty. Peace of mind. I bet your payments will be around 300 or less. You can pre pay it soon.

GT will have 19 inch wheels - expensive tires and wheels together but look good.
It has leather
It has power seats. It has some more technology - Blind Spot monitor and rear traffic alert.
it has moon roof and Bose audio.

Touring will have
17 inch wheels same as sport
cloth seats - I would recommend you live with these they are robust.
power seats / BSM and RCTA.

Sport has
backup camera, really basic seats, manual seats and not power. few less features.

In short if your thing is keep cost down - Sport wins, followed by Touring. For Touring you may not even need leather seats. Test it out.
Look for CPO Sport - it will have 7year / 100,000 miles warranty. Peace of mind. I bet your payments will be around 300 or less. You can pre pay it soon.

Great Thanks, I will check the touring out.

So what is a good price for a used one? I found one today for 19,000 2014 cx 5, no accidents 1 owner, 50K miles.

I paid 21,900 for my 2015 Touring AWD 2.5 with 27,8XX miles on it, in 2015. I also was given KBB Private Party Retail for my trade-in. Including a 100k mile warranty, my payment is $417/mo, although since I got 2.6 APR, I stretched it out to 78mo and can pay it off sooner if I want. Skewing D/I for house buying purposes.

I paid 21,900 for my 2015 Touring AWD 2.5 with 27,8XX miles on it, in 2015. I also was given KBB Private Party Retail for my trade-in. Including a 100k mile warranty, my payment is $417/mo, although since I got 2.6 APR, I stretched it out to 78mo and can pay it off sooner if I want. Skewing D/I for house buying purposes.

I don't how your payment is that over a 78month term. I bought my 16 cx5 GT final OTD price around 28k or so and my payments are $381 at 2.24% over 75months.

Either way to OP, I definitely recommend getting at least the touring. BSM/RCTA are very helpful features. I bet you can find a GT for under $20k though. In my area, there are plenty of GTs with around 30-40k miles at around $19k. My suggestion is really assess what you want(leather, sunroof) and get those things. Don't look back and regret not getting what you wanted.

I don't how your payment is that over a 78month term. I bought my 16 cx5 GT final OTD price around 28k or so and my payments are $381 at 2.24% over 75months.

Either way to OP, I definitely recommend getting at least the touring. BSM/RCTA are very helpful features. I bet you can find a GT for under $20k though. In my area, there are plenty of GTs with around 30-40k miles at around $19k. My suggestion is really assess what you want(leather, sunroof) and get those things. Don't look back and regret not getting what you wanted.

I traded in a Chrysler product...that should answer your question.

Personally I would steer clear of the Mazda brand altogether based on my recent experience. We have a Mazda CX-7 with 84,000 miles on it and just had the engine turbo and AC compressor fail. Dealer wants $4k+ to repair, and Mazda is unwilling to assist with any of the cost. Shocking that a major engine component would fail so early but seems to be common issue based on what the dealer said and reviews on Edmonds. Shouldn't trust a company that doesn't stand behind their work

Personally I would steer clear of the Mazda brand altogether based on my recent experience. We have a Mazda CX-7 with 84,000 miles on it and just had the engine turbo and AC compressor fail. Dealer wants $4k+ to repair, and Mazda is unwilling to assist with any of the cost. Shocking that a major engine component would fail so early but seems to be common issue based on what the dealer said and reviews on Edmonds. Shouldn't trust a company that doesn't stand behind their work

Was it 2016/2017 cx7?

Back