no longer getting beep when locking the car using key fob

okay so went to the parts store they dont have the other fuse that I guess must need to be ordered online or from Mazda. The relay they cannot get either.
So I leave the parts store no joke and everything is working again. So far so good. Maybe the relay got stuck, b/c when I first started hitting the horn no click noise then after I changes the 15 amp fuse then the click started and then after the parts store everything is working. Still good this morning, horn works and I get the beep from when hitting the lock button twice on the key fob.

This is so strange. Hoping it keeps working.

I dont have the tools to check for shorts, etc. my neighbor does so I told him if it starts up again I'll bring it over

okay so went to the parts store they dont have the other fuse that I guess must need to be ordered online or from Mazda. The relay they cannot get either.
So I leave the parts store no joke and everything is working again. So far so good. Maybe the relay got stuck, b/c when I first started hitting the horn no click noise then after I changes the 15 amp fuse then the click started and then after the parts store everything is working. Still good this morning, horn works and I get the beep from when hitting the lock button twice on the key fob.

I dont have the tools to check for shorts, etc. my neighbor does so I told him if it starts up again I'll bring it over

I bet there was some dust/corrosion/carbon on some of the contacts. When you removed things, this cleaned them slightly and now it works again. Try taking them back out and cleaning everything with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.

I once had a radio go on the fritz and that was the problem. Cleaned the fuse contacts and it worked fine for years.

If it is the relay there's a good chance the problem will come back - it starts to build up carbon on the contacts and it gets worse over time. Fortunately they are easy and cheap replace.

Last edited:

By unplugging and replugging items, your are doing what is called "RESEATING THE CONNECTORS". In electronics repair, this is often the easiest fix to attempt first. It works by the unplugging and plugging action, which cleans the electrical contacts inside the connectors, removing any surface corrosion caused by dirt, moisture, humidity, etc.

Sometimes the replacement of a part is unnecessary for the fix, as the old part was not defective, and then when you plug in the NEW PART, you assume you have fixed it with a new part, but in reality, all the old part needed was for the connection to be reseated.

By unplugging and replugging items, your are doing what is called "RESEATING THE CONNECTORS". In electronics repair, this is often the easiest fix to attempt first. It works by the unplugging and plugging action, which cleans the electrical contacts inside the connectors, removing any surface corrosion caused by dirt, moisture, humidity, etc.

Sometimes the replacement of a part is unnecessary for the fix, as the old part was not defective, and then when you plug in the NEW PART, you assume you have fixed it with a new part, but in reality, all the old part needed was for the connection to be reseated.

This happens ALL the time.

Dell computers are notorious for it. You go to turn your Dell on and it won't boot. WTH? It was JUST working yesterday! You mess with it but it's dead. Crap, it's out of warranty so you take it into some repair shop. The tech knows what it is but he's not going to tell you. Maybe he keeps it for a couple of days but all he does is lift the RAM and reseat it. Perhaps he cleans the contacts with some contact cleaner, perhaps not. But by simply reseating the RAM (or the vid card or maybe even the processor) he fixed your computer and he charges you $100 (or whatever) for 5 minuets of work.

Last edited:
Back