What did you pay for your CX-5?

Thank you. I didn't even start negotiating and they offered me this price through email. Kinda skeptical, but will go in-store and check it out this weekend. They're probably trying to sell out their 2017 inventory and CA has a higher tax.
Yeah, assuming Touring with no premium paint, addons, or packages, is MSRP $28,155, which makes your deal just shy of 15% off MSRP. Pretty good. If you have premium paint (soul red, machine grey, snowflake white), and/or any packages/add on, then even better.

I'd still see if you can get more off, doesn't hurt. It is the outgoing model year after all.

What is a fair price for 2017 AWD GT (no PP), $28.5k at 0%? (plus TTL)?
That's not bad either. Not amazing. But not bad. You're not getting ripped off. MSRP is over 31 on that. Try for some accessory...cargo liner maybe? Roof rails.
I wouldn't feel bad paying that though.

Each state/region is different. In AZ I paid $26,500 for a 2017 AWD Touring with PP and 0% APR from Mazda.

Yeah, assuming Touring with no premium paint, addons, or packages, is MSRP $28,155, which makes your deal just shy of 15% off MSRP. Pretty good. If you have premium paint (soul red, machine grey, snowflake white), and/or any packages/add on, then even better.

I'd still see if you can get more off, doesn't hurt. It is the outgoing model year after all.

Do you know if there's pre-payment penalty and if I can pay off Mazda standard financing early? They're offering extra $500 off with 4.99 APR Mazda standard rate. Thanks!

Do you know if there's pre-payment penalty and if I can pay off Mazda standard financing early? They're offering extra $500 off with 4.99 APR Mazda standard rate. Thanks!

No idea. I financed through my credit union and they did not have a penalty.

4.99% seems kinda meh.

I doubt that rate is through Mazda - you need to ask for the details. Is there an origination fee and is there a penalty for early pay off. 0.0% is still the Mazda rate in my area, if you don't qualify for that, your financing is via someone else.

So a dealer offered...

30,500 ish OTD on a 2017 GT AWD (no PP)

30,750 ish on a 2018 GT AWD (no PP)

... thats insane right? a 2017 shouldn't be the same as a 2018?

So a dealer offered...

30,500 ish OTD on a 2017 GT AWD (no PP)

30,750 ish on a 2018 GT AWD (no PP)

... thats insane right? a 2017 shouldn't be the same as a 2018?

You would think they would want to move that 17. Some dealing could be done I suspect but one thing to watch for on the 17’s now is the mileage on the odometer.

If the difference is that little I would run with the 18.

Again, we don't want OTD price. TTL is different from county to county. Let alone State to state. Before OTD. Please.
But yea, 17 should be a grand cheaper MINIMUM.

Again, we don't want OTD price. TTL is different from county to county. Let alone State to state. Before OTD. Please.
But yea, 17 should be a grand cheaper MINIMUM.

Saw a different color 2017 GT dealer offered 29,900 before TTL which I refused. They simply wouldn't go below invoice. I made the right call there I think.

Saw a different color 2017 GT dealer offered 29,900 before TTL which I refused. They simply wouldn't go below invoice. I made the right call there I think.

Supply and demand... but on a 2017, no reason to ever pay above invoice price - cash price, no incentives of any kind or conditions on financing. End of month/quarter is approaching so the time to deal is only a couple weeks away.

As previously stated... wife and I picked up a 2018 GT AWD w/ no PP in Metallic Grey on Monday in NJ. Wanted to give the final details on the price:
$29.9k vehicle price
$1k for our trade in (probably a bit generous if anything)
so tax was $1950
$500 doc fee
$411 dmv fee
$500 off for loyalty
so $31.3k out the door including the trade
we also got the 0% APR for 63 months (was offered $500 less to decline but I declined that offer)

So $29.9 on $32.2k MSRP w/ the premium color.

I'm happy w/ the deal considering the 0% APR and I think the trade-in was actually worth closer to $500 (according to KBB, it was an '08 Saturn w/ 180k miles).

Love it so far and more importantly... the wife loves it!

Fort Myers, FL
CX-5 Sport in Soul Red Crystal Metallic with I-Active Sense Package (Safety), full tints and at least all-weather mats (waiting to see if also all-weather cargo mat as I originally asked for) Before taxes and all that stuff: $24,345 No down-payment and ~7 years 0% interest.

I was hoping for lower, but I'm not great at car negotiating. What do you all think?

Back