What have you done to your CX-5 today?

So why is 60,000 miles a big deal? Any car on this planet can far exceed that milestone. In fact I never gotten rid of a car with less than 150,000 miles on it, and my record is my 2000 Maxima that I donated at 265,000 miles. I would love to see a 100,000+thread, there’s got to be somebody that made it that far, or do they only last 60,000 miles!

Because it's post warranty territory! It's a milestone.

What did I do to my CX-5 today? I expired it's last warranty. That's all.

Good god. I expect to be driving my CX-5 tons more miles like you say.

Last edited:
Because it's post warranty territory! It's a milestone.

What did I do to my CX-5 today? I expired it's last warranty. That's all.

Good god. I expect to be driving my CX-5 tons more miles like you say.

Lol I couldn’t resist! Congrats to many more.

There aren't many high mileage CX-5son this board strangely. So yea, big deal. LOL

Ahh, now I see it, I was wondering the same thing why 60k miles is a milestone. Well good thing here in the North, we now have an unlimited mileage warranty; 3-years for the main warranty, 5-years power, & 7-years perforation. So we only count the months and not care about mileage (canada)...

Gave her a good washing in temps near 70 deg F, 4 days after we received a years worth of snow in one day, with low temps around 9 or 10, highs in the lower 20s. Weird weather, go figure.

Oil/filter change and rotated tires. Still need to change the transmission fluid, but recovering from two weeks of coughing with resultant strained back muscles so I have to watch what I do (also worked on two other cars today).

Took it to an empty parking lot - my loaner @2017 and did some crazy stuff as wanted to know what the heck G-vectoring gives while my 2016 is at dealership. Nah == nothing to go gaga about. Smelled burning tires, etc. which I did skids/drifts/etc.

So why is 60,000 miles a big deal? Any car on this planet can far exceed that milestone. In fact I never gotten rid of a car with less than 150,000 miles on it, and my record is my 2000 Maxima that I donated at 265,000 miles. I would love to see a 100,000+thread, there’s got to be somebody that made it that far, or do they only last 60,000 miles!

I gave my Toyota 4Runner to donation in working condition well after its ODO stopped at 499,999 and I MUST have put additional 150,000 miles. [Bought 3rd. hand when ODO read 390,000 for $600 USD]

Up to that time only thing it had issues with: water pump - change, thermostat - change, alternator - change and blower motor - change. Not including brakes/lights/batteries/tires/belt - serpentine/fluids replacements. All the mentioned changes done once - due to water pump going - causing a cascading effect.

I gave my Toyota 4Runner to donation in working condition well after its ODO stopped at 499,999 and I MUST have put additional 150,000 miles. [Bought 3rd. hand when ODO read 390,000 for $600 USD]

Up to that time only thing it had issues with: water pump - change, thermostat - change, alternator - change and blower motor - change. Not including brakes/lights/batteries/tires/belt - serpentine/fluids replacements. All the mentioned changes done once - due to water pump going - causing a cascading effect.

Completely off topic here, but I have a 1998 4Runner that we bought new, now with 170K miles. Only changed two injectors and normal maintenance. Gonna be tough to match that track record.

Took it to an empty parking lot - my loaner @2017 and did some crazy stuff as wanted to know what the heck G-vectoring gives while my 2016 is at dealership. Nah == nothing to go gaga about. Smelled burning tires, etc. which I did skids/drifts/etc.

That's hardly a valid test of g-vectoring. You need to read up on what the system is designed to do.(headshake

Completely off topic here, but I have a 1998 4Runner that we bought new, now with 170K miles. Only changed two injectors and normal maintenance. Gonna be tough to match that track record.

the rear diff rotted out on my 2001 after ~13 years and ~110,000 miles. i had owned it the last 9-10. was also starting to have electrical problems... which coupled with the rear diff convinced me to trade it in.

but it was pretty reliable aside from needing full front brakes at one point.

Flew into Harrisburg PA. Man the Avis rental lot is a Mazda heaven. 3 hatch and cx3s, beautiful looking cars

Oh man... all for nothing? LOL. Thanks: will do.

Mazda has some videos showing how G Vectoring works. It is very subtle and 99% of drivers will never notice it yet you might be able to by comparing different vehicles and keeping track of your micro adjustments of the steering while going around a curve.

The main thought is that it greatly reduces those minor steering corrections in turning situations thus decreasing fatigue.

I didn’t think of it until after a 300 mile round trip on the freeway a while back. I felt pretty good compared to the same drive with other vehicles.

Flew into Harrisburg PA. Man the Avis rental lot is a Mazda heaven. 3 hatch and cx3s, beautiful looking cars

Man, I've yet to find any Mazdas when I rent cars. I always get stuck with Chevys and Hyundais. I ask them, they say "nope".

This is the reason I want my brand new car to have the least amount of miles as possible.

Back