INTAKE valve crud

This photo is confusing.. you mean to tell me you/someone removed the head to access the ports? That looks like part of a rebuild.
Nah, that's a borrowed 1.5 SkyG head off a salvage yard for port templating. Still on the lookout for a 2.0 & 2.5. The Sky-specific walnut blast procedure won't need engine nor head removal, of course.:)

Last edited:
Impact impact impact....
Before cleaning the intake port and valve from full tank to 3/4 of the fuel gauge, i manage to get 90 to 100km+-.
After cleaning i manage to get 130 to 140km. Im on my 4th tank since cleaning same same results nearing 3/4, getting 120km.

So that is a good example of the build up causing an impact. What triggered you to do the cleaning?

With that said, I think the point remains. If people are not seeing big changes in performance or efficiency, that either means that for most people 1) there is no buildup or 2) if there is buildup, it is does not have much of an impact.

Based upon your report (n=1) I would assume point 1 is the case.

Last edited:
So that is a good example of the build up causing an impact. What triggered you to do the cleaning?

With that said, I think the point remains. If people are not seeing big changes in performance or efficiency, that either means that for most people 1) there is no buildup or 2) if there is buildup, it is does not have much of an impact.

Based upon your report (n=1) I would assume point 1 is the case.
IMPACT!
Bruh i thought the 90km at 3/4 tank was normal. Stop lying to yourself that there is no gunk on your valve its a gdi engine. Accept its affecting your car. Come on accept it. [emoji1]

Last edited:
Back