Who plans to own their CX-5 at least 10 years or more?

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
Ok... I know I have asked this before but got lazy and didn't want to resurrect an ancient thread.

Who else plans to keep their CX-5 for at least a decade?

I plan to keep mine at least 10 years or more.

I plan on it. One of the reasons I went with the dealer I got it from. They give a 10yr/200k drive train warranty (covers seals and gaskets plus engine mounts).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep it as long as I can, my dealer Gave Lifetime engine / drivetrain warranty (Including axels and joints).

This is the main reason I got the CX-5 over the Tuscon/CR-V. The standard automatic transmission and naturally aspirated engine will most likely last longer than the CVT and turbo engines offered on the competition.

This started out as a 3-year lease for me (for work). I'd planned to get rid of it at the end of the lease. It's going on two years with the car and my wife and I have already decided (barring any major mechanicals) that we are going to keep it. Once the lease is up, we'll purchase it and my wife will drive it until it dies. It's done 30K faultless miles so far, only been to the dealer twice for anything other than regular service. My wife loves all the safety "doodads", and I'm sold on the utility aspect.

I plan on driving mine until all the wheels have fallen off. That's why I bought a Mazda, because they're tanks that last forever. Also why I splurged on brand new.

When I was in college I had this super beat up old 1986 626 - ugly as hell but that thing would not crap out no matter how badly I treated it. I was a starving college student so I never even changed the oil, put in the cheapest gas, and it still kept on trucking. When I graduated and could finally afford to sell it and replace it with something nicer, it has over 300,000 miles on it.

No car i own or keep after marriage will be over 80-90k miles. Don't have time for any repairs etc. My next car will be hybrid/electric. C'mon Mazda give us a performance hybrid.

I'm in the same position as Srad600. I leased mine for 3 years / 36K back in July 2015, and I already know that I'm buying it at lease end barring anything major. It's been dead nuts reliable, great gas mileage, love all the tech features (I have Tech and iActivSense), and it's proven to be exceptionally comfortable even though I'm 6' 6". This will be the first car that I've even considered buying out, I usually get bored with them after 3 years.

Just snagged a 7 year supply of the Tokyo Roki oil filters, so I'd better buy it now or my wife will never let me forget it (nuts)

I plan on driving mine until all the wheels have fallen off. That's why I bought a Mazda, because they're tanks that last forever. Also why I splurged on brand new.

When I was in college I had this super beat up old 1986 626 - ugly as hell but that thing would not crap out no matter how badly I treated it. I was a starving college student so I never even changed the oil, put in the cheapest gas, and it still kept on trucking. When I graduated and could finally afford to sell it and replace it with something nicer, it has over 300,000 miles on it.

My parents had an '87 626 LX they bought new.... it had the smallest of oil leaks somewhere....anyway...they gave to one of my nephews after buying a '10 Mazda 3 - 5 door. He never checked or changed the oil and eventually it ran out and seized up. It would still be running today if a little common sense had prevailed. It was in the 200-300K range IIRC.

Me Me !!

Kept my RX-7 for 11 yrs, my Acura for 11yrs, my Maxima for 15 yrs and hopefully my CX-5 for 10+ although I might be tempted to buy something earlier. Will have to wait and see. Not getting any younger.

I'm on a three year lease then it's gone, time for a new one.
Too many electronics and computers onboard nowadays for it to be dependable for 10 yrs.

This is the main reason I got the CX-5 over the Tuscon/CR-V. The standard automatic transmission and naturally aspirated engine will most likely last longer than the CVT and turbo engines offered on the competition.
This's exactly the reason why we bought the CX-5 which is our first Mazda! :)

Last edited:
⋯ Just snagged a 7 year supply of the Tokyo Roki oil filters, so I'd better buy it now or my wife will never let me forget it (nuts)
Actually I cleared out all 23 Japanese made PE01-14-302A Mazda oil filters in their stock last November and Med Center Mazda has no more Japanese made OEM oil filters since then ⋯ (whistle)

Actually I cleared out all 23 Japanese made PE01-14-302A Mazda oil filters in their stock last November and Med Center Mazda has no more Japanese made OEM oil filters since then ⋯ (whistle)

I just received 30 from an Ebay seller (drinks)

I just received 30 from an Ebay seller (drinks)
And you beat me by having about 15 years of Japanese made oil filter supply ⋯ :)

If my CX-5 holds out as well as my Escape, I will keep it over ten years and 200K. So far, the Escape was more trouble-free than the CX-5.
I do enjoy the CX-5 and hope to keep it a long time.

My last car; I owned a 96' BMW 328i for 16 years. So ten years, sure I can, as long as it holds up...

Latest posts

Back