NEMOC Random BS Thread

My son throwing up the 6!

We were standing on the curb in front if City Hall across from Center Plaza.

AWESOME!

Mr. Kraft pointed to my son and screamed "LET'S GO!"! That is my sons finger in the shot. [emoji38]

0c1bf0325b515d7e3c20f340639cc1af.jpg

393f69c7cd93a0bce5d1f5b3a89a0d40.jpg

724db492fdd403de85386d1ed4f6cdca.jpg

I hear ya Chris but I've been saying "next year" for a several years now. (hand)

Nice hat Mark!

Congrats Kyle! Once you hit 250, are you going for 300? Nice DaveB rings you got there too!

I hear ya Chris but I've been saying "next year" for a several years now. (hand)

Nice hat Mark!

Congrats Kyle! Once you hit 250, are you going for 300? Nice DaveB rings you got there too!

Thanks! Ya, DaveB, got good money for mine!

Last edited:
Thought so! Hey, you seriously considering Laguna Seca in October?

I am! HOWEVER! I do not think I will be driving my sunburst out there and back due to time off limitations. I do have enough PTO to cover the trip, but I dont want to be spending it driving the midwest twice. If I were still in WA, Id for sure make the cruise down.

What ill be doing is flying out to San Francisco to see a friend from high school who has his 94 miata out there with him and we will cruise down in that thing for the event.

Nice hat Mark!

Ill be driving it as long as it lets me. Didnt think it was going to make it to WA back in 2015 and it did where it hit 200k shortly after. Then didnt think it would make it back to CT which it did again some how. Right now my commute is pretty short so the miles rack up pretty slow, and when we do go on longer trips its in the rav4. I need to do some kind of fair distance trip to get some miles on it!

And they arent Dave B rings but replicas! Someone else on the forum decided to make his own and charged a lot less for them. I got my set for free as I offered to be a test subject for the guy. He sent me a bunch of rings in various sizes and I told him what fit best. Couldnt imagine the cluster without them.

Slowly but surely the winter work goes. Next step is to get the crank bolt loose so I can change timing belt and also replace the front crank seal. Once thats done I can move on to dropping the transmission for rear main seal, transmission seals, and upgrading the clutch for powaaaaaa

8Ect2Bu.jpg

I am! HOWEVER! I do not think I will be driving my sunburst out there and back due to time off limitations. I do have enough PTO to cover the trip, but I dont want to be spending it driving the midwest twice. If I were still in WA, Id for sure make the cruise down.

What ill be doing is flying out to San Francisco to see a friend from high school who has his 94 miata out there with him and we will cruise down in that thing for the event.

Ill be driving it as long as it lets me. Didnt think it was going to make it to WA back in 2015 and it did where it hit 200k shortly after. Then didnt think it would make it back to CT which it did again some how. Right now my commute is pretty short so the miles rack up pretty slow, and when we do go on longer trips its in the rav4. I need to do some kind of fair distance trip to get some miles on it!

And they arent Dave B rings but replicas! Someone else on the forum decided to make his own and charged a lot less for them. I got my set for free as I offered to be a test subject for the guy. He sent me a bunch of rings in various sizes and I told him what fit best. Couldnt imagine the cluster without them.

Slowly but surely the winter work goes. Next step is to get the crank bolt loose so I can change timing belt and also replace the front crank seal. Once thats done I can move on to dropping the transmission for rear main seal, transmission seals, and upgrading the clutch for powaaaaaa

8Ect2Bu.jpg

My wife wants me to fly out, but that wont be the same....no Miata to take in the track and hang out with....I have all the PTO I need, haha.... I might just drive out! Well see

My wife wants me to fly out, but that won*t be the same....no Miata to take in the track and hang out with....I have all the PTO I need, haha.... I might just drive out! We*ll see

its not even about the 6k miles id put on the car, its more about I want to keep exploring the west so Id need even more time out there! Hell, knowing me I would get to Utah and say to the hell with CA and just stay there

There's a reason I'm building my new home on something that has an engine and wheels!

I would too if my and my wifes jobs could be worked remote. I could leave this company and pull it off, but she (a dentist) isnt working remote anytime soon!!

Did another Rallycross this past Saturday and came in 2nd in the Focus. Was a good group of drivers in 2 wheel drive or as we call it unidrive since all of us are open diffs. Not bad considering I'm the only one with a street legal car, the rest they leave at the racetrack.

The rest of the AWD's are Subies that for some reason always get stuck. We had 2 races in the past 2 Sat's, came in 1st the previous Sat, and with a bunch of snow for both races the Subies got stuck in the snowbanks a total of 25 times, some drivers twice. none of the 2 wheel drive cars have been stuck so far. We are thinking of limiting the revs on the Subies to 2K. Slows down the racing to pull these AWD's out of the snow bank.

Getting depressed about winter and my decision to not go south for the winter. May have to review that next year??

Did another Rallycross this past Saturday and came in 2nd in the Focus. Was a good group of drivers in 2 wheel drive or as we call it unidrive since all of us are open diffs. Not bad considering I'm the only one with a street legal car, the rest they leave at the racetrack.

The rest of the AWD's are Subies that for some reason always get stuck. We had 2 races in the past 2 Sat's, came in 1st the previous Sat, and with a bunch of snow for both races the Subies got stuck in the snowbanks a total of 25 times, some drivers twice. none of the 2 wheel drive cars have been stuck so far. We are thinking of limiting the revs on the Subies to 2K. Slows down the racing to pull these AWD's out of the snow bank.

Getting depressed about winter and my decision to not go south for the winter. May have to review that next year??

Sounds like a lot of fun! Keeps you going during the winter months too!
I hear you about going south! Not missing the cold and snow one bit! Had a ball at Daytona, we all missed your ugly puss!

Bruce, the few times I did Autocross on Newfound Lake in N.H. with the Boston BMWCCA it was the same situation. Lots of standing around while the AWD cars got pulled out of the snow banks. I was one of the few in my MS6 that didnt need to get pulled out.

Ashley, nice bike, that looks fun!!!!

Making more progress on the Rx7 this week. I decided to upgrade the entire fuel system. Because it was a carbureted car, it had a very small 5/16 feed and only 1/4 return line. I was told that return line is too restrictive for most high pressure pumps and will cause them to fail prematurely. Some people just run -6AN hose all the way to the tank but not me. I decided to learn how to bend 3/8 hard lines and add flared fittings.

a82dfa38768d6623ae854dbc3884ea25.jpg

1011dc06699795400da39b6be26febcd.jpg

ac83ab04e478940b78955dde7c8e293a.jpg

036893a95f03dd079c97f179bdab7de8.jpg

a95b1902d0dc09b5fb8787477df52a8c.jpg

And of course Im the engine bay I cut everything to the correct length so the braided lines would be nice and clean...

7bbc7ff4733a795dae3c4486aa9f3bbc.jpg

543e0fbf1ed459f430495b47e5a566db.jpg

617efb2bc53305e47f0005f6055cbfa9.jpg

On the REPU I just used an external pump and its rather loud and annoying. For the Rx7 I decided upon a Holley Retrofit kit which replaces the factory pickup and return allowing for an in-tank pump. This particular kit also comes with a hydramat which helps with fuel starvation in the corners when you are below 1/4 tank. I might not have to run a full tank of gas at the track any more!

73b54888400cf57d76fd53bcc166bef6.jpg

8b75d79662347a2d623b025c58f7c3b4.jpg

9820d29a590380bf136f4ffd5696ca63.jpg

cfaa1bd251f8f6fccac3729af39e8d86.jpg

ff381e20482528551f2fc5727dc56ede.jpg

cbfa5e10ce92b25820ef66ff6bd7e758.jpg

And while I was learning to bend tubes, I added a few hardlines to my vacuum manifold system. I dont recall if I went into specifics with you guys but i am keeping the EVAP system which needs two vacuum ports, the cruise control, which needs one port, and the ECU map sensor will need a port. This manifold cleans up that old rats nest of vacuum lines.

6ee617acb5af11a05714feb5c9bd0479.jpg

All this work youre doing is pushing me closer and closer to spending big money on my miata. Just waiting to see what/if the bonus from work will be like

Amanda is starting to think I wont drive it once Im done. Regardless, its keeping me active and helping me learn new things. Its certainly not a budget build, and might be a little overkill for a low power vehicle, but Ill have everything done should I want to add a turbo in the future.

Bruce, the few times I did Autocross on Newfound Lake in N.H. with the Boston BMWCCA it was the same situation. Lots of standing around while the AWD cars got pulled out of the snow banks. I was one of the few in my MS6 that didnt need to get pulled out.

Ashley, nice bike, that looks fun!!!!

Making more progress on the Rx7 this week. I decided to upgrade the entire fuel system. Because it was a carbureted car, it had a very small 5/16 feed and only 1/4 return line. I was told that return line is too restrictive for most high pressure pumps and will cause them to fail prematurely. Some people just run -6AN hose all the way to the tank but not me. I decided to learn how to bend 3/8 hard lines and add flared fittings.

a82dfa38768d6623ae854dbc3884ea25.jpg

1011dc06699795400da39b6be26febcd.jpg

ac83ab04e478940b78955dde7c8e293a.jpg

036893a95f03dd079c97f179bdab7de8.jpg

a95b1902d0dc09b5fb8787477df52a8c.jpg

And of course Im the engine bay I cut everything to the correct length so the braided lines would be nice and clean...

7bbc7ff4733a795dae3c4486aa9f3bbc.jpg

543e0fbf1ed459f430495b47e5a566db.jpg

617efb2bc53305e47f0005f6055cbfa9.jpg

On the REPU I just used an external pump and its rather loud and annoying. For the Rx7 I decided upon a Holley Retrofit kit which replaces the factory pickup and return allowing for an in-tank pump. This particular kit also comes with a hydramat which helps with fuel starvation in the corners when you are below 1/4 tank. I might not have to run a full tank of gas at the track any more!

73b54888400cf57d76fd53bcc166bef6.jpg

8b75d79662347a2d623b025c58f7c3b4.jpg

9820d29a590380bf136f4ffd5696ca63.jpg

cfaa1bd251f8f6fccac3729af39e8d86.jpg

ff381e20482528551f2fc5727dc56ede.jpg

cbfa5e10ce92b25820ef66ff6bd7e758.jpg

And while I was learning to bend tubes, I added a few hardlines to my vacuum manifold system. I dont recall if I went into specifics with you guys but i am keeping the EVAP system which needs two vacuum ports, the cruise control, which needs one port, and the ECU map sensor will need a port. This manifold cleans up that old rats nest of vacuum lines.

6ee617acb5af11a05714feb5c9bd0479.jpg

Work of art Chris! Looks very clean with hard lines!!!
By the way, Im going to do Lime Rock this june 13th, Thursday night.

Amanda is starting to think I won*t drive it once I*m done. Regardless, it*s keeping me active and helping me learn new things. It*s certainly not a *budget* build, and might be a little overkill for a low power vehicle, but I*ll have everything done should I want to add a turbo in the future.

Im so excited to get back in mine. Hopefully I have now ordered all the parts I need to button my motor back up this weekend, then I can move on to repainting the shelf below brake booster and then the transmission drop for seal/clutch replacement. Spring will be here before I know it

Work of art Chris! Looks very clean with hard lines!!!
By the way, Im going to do Lime Rock this june 13th, Thursday night.

I was thinking about the one in May and staying for the weekend, not sure I can make June. Youre gonna s*** yourself, its an insane track at speed!

Back