upper grill molding replacement?

archer75

:
Ram 2500
I managed to dent the upper molding on my wifes car, above the grill just in front of the hood. I'm looking for a place to order a replacement from that hopefully would also paint it. Any ideas? The piece is part number kb8a-50-7e1b-bb. The part is listed for a 2017 CX5 but it should be the same for 2018 I would think?

The car is the 2018 CX5 GT. Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

Ask your dealer, see if they paint too. If not ask neighbors for recommendations or search for bumper or dent repair in your area.

The dealer can. They're just ridiculously overpriced. We have a body shop nearby but same story.
I can install the piece on my own. I was just hoping there was a place I could order from that would paint it first.

The dealer can. They're just ridiculously overpriced. We have a body shop nearby but same story.
I can install the piece on my own. I was just hoping there was a place I could order from that would paint it first.

Never gonna happen. The only source for this part is a dealer and they would never prepaint a body part as part of the sale.

Can you post a picture of the "dent"? A decent PDR guy might be able to remove the dent

I'll get a pic and post tomorrow. I can tell you it perfectly matches the shape of the coupler on our travel trailer.

I did find the molding on several websites and also on ebay and amazon. Average price is about $90. Not painted of course.

IMG_0637_1.jpg

IMG_0635_1.jpg

Back