The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
784ede4a0b1f49a023d05c61e34b7a87.jpg

Mine for a week. Any questions?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LOL. My mother in law is a strange bird. She wants me to drive her car when she leaves it. The last time she left it for a week...It never moved. I'll drive it this week. I shall call this week *Mazda appreciation week*

Last edited:
Exactly[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1360] I will have the week after this one a Skoda Oktavia estate from my parents after bring them to airport with their car.

Last edited:
Just got back from breakfast.
3 things:
Someone said the other day it's annoying to remote start the Mazda and then have it shut off when you open the door. I remote stated mom's Jeep. Got in. Car wouldn't move out of Reverse. Wtf? Oh, I forgot...You have to put the key in. That's annoying.

Then we leave the restaurant...Doh. I forgot. You have to lock the doors, it's not automatic. I feel like I've gone back in time to ... 2012. [emoji3]

The heated steering wheel is a nice feature though.

Last edited:
Mother in Law also left me the new Consumer Reports 2017 Auto Issue because she wanted me to see how well the Mazda's did this year. Now, I'm not generally a big believer in C-R reports, but they do talk pretty glowing about the Mazda's. Wow. Every one is a "Recommend Buy". Including the #1 rated sports car: Miata.

One of the smaller reasons I passed on the Jeep was because of reliability issues I had read about, especially with the new 9 speed tranny. These were supposedly fixed in 2017, but there were far far too many issues with them in 15 & 16.
Yea, Jeep did NOT do well in this CR Auto Edition.

Mazda appreciation day 1.
2 more things:
I wear my seatbelt 99.5% of the time. When I go to the drugstore at the end of my residential street is about the only time I don't wear it. Seatbelt reminder never stops. Ok, that's not a big deal. But this one?
Walk out of the drugstore. Bag in one hand, big dog food bag in the other. Grab the door handle. Crap. Locked. Set bag on the ground, fumble around my pockets to find the key. Barbaric! 😀

What! No foot activated tailgate? Oh the horror! (rofl) jk

I don't remember what year and model your MIL's Jeep is. My sister in law has a '16 Renegade and it does have keyless entry but it's got some other quirks. I haven't driven it except to move it in my driveway to wash it but I noticed then, when you put it in Park, the E-parking brake automatically activates. That's different. Another oddity happened when I was actually washing it. I know I had it completely off (not in ACC) but when I'd rinse the windshield with the hose, the headlights would turn on! IIRC i had to get the fob out of the area to get it to stop doing it. It's funny how different manufactures have different quirks.

I should​ have mentioned that. It's actually a 2017. It's a Latitude which is a mid trim level. Of course, Jeep has at least 5 trims so I'm sure keyless might be available on the higher trimmed ones. The Latitude was what I was cross shopping though.
Yea, I'm still anti auto liftgates. Unless it can also be used manually...Like the 2017 CX5. Advanced keyless I just have to have. Both my cars have it. Although on the Volvo it's a standard feature.

Just got back from breakfast.
3 things:
Someone said the other day it's annoying to remote start the Mazda and then have it shut off when you open the door. I remote stated mom's Jeep. Got in. Car wouldn't move out of Reverse. Wtf? Oh, I forgot...You have to put the key in. That's annoying.

Then we leave the restaurant...Doh. I forgot. You have to lock the doors, it's not automatic. I feel like I've gone back in time to ... 2012. [emoji3]

The heated steering wheel is a nice feature though.

Is that something new for the 2016.5 mazda? I always have to lock my doors...but unlike you other guys, my car won't let me lock the keys in it. I'll take that trade...

Mother in Law also left me the new Consumer Reports 2017 Auto Issue because she wanted me to see how well the Mazda's did this year. Now, I'm not generally a big believer in C-R reports, but they do talk pretty glowing about the Mazda's. Wow. Every one is a "Recommend Buy". Including the #1 rated sports car: Miata.

One of the smaller reasons I passed on the Jeep was because of reliability issues I had read about, especially with the new 9 speed tranny. These were supposedly fixed in 2017, but there were far far too many issues with them in 15 & 16.
Yea, Jeep did NOT do well in this CR Auto Edition.
CR was the one source I went to before buying my CX5. I gave no damn about everything but "reliability", and it was glowing.

Miata as the "best" sports car? A sports car is like a man's dog, woman, or gun. Rather personal for another man to be telling him "best", IMO

I should​ have mentioned that. It's actually a 2017. It's a Latitude which is a mid trim level. Of course, Jeep has at least 5 trims so I'm sure keyless might be available on the higher trimmed ones. The Latitude was what I was cross shopping though.
Yea, I'm still anti auto liftgates. Unless it can also be used manually...Like the 2017 CX5. Advanced keyless I just have to have. Both my cars have it. Although on the Volvo it's a standard feature.

Actually, my 2014 AWD GT does not have it. I did not get the tech package and regret it. Having to get out the key to unlock to door after biking is a pain.

I also spent two days in a rental car Rogue. Basic low end model but terrible car.

Miata as the "best" sports car? A sports car is like a man's dog, woman, or gun. Rather personal for another man to be telling him "best", IMO

You should really go check Youtube. There are so many videos and reviews on the Miata being the most/best fun sports car to drive. Many choosing to drive it over Ferraris, Porsche, etc. Doesn't mean it is technically the best, but I think it's a pretty unanimous that the 16 Miata is one of the best.

Is that something new for the 2016.5 mazda? I always have to lock my doors...but unlike you other guys, my car won't let me lock the keys in it. I'll take that trade...
Do you have the tech package? I'm pretty sure it's not a .5 feature. It's called "walk away lock". It automatically locks when you walk away and the key isn't inside. Also can't lock keys in car.
It's also neat because it beeps when you walk away so if it doesn't beep at me I know I forgot my key in the car. Not must have, but cool.

Last edited:
Do you have the tech package? I'm pretty sure it's not a .5 feature. It's called "walk away lock". It automatically locks when you walk away and the key isn't inside. Also can't lock keys in car.
It's also neat because it beeps when you walk away so if it doesn't beep at me I know I forgot my car in the car. Not must have, but cool.

Yeah it's not a .5 feature as I have it on my 2016. Definitely a great feature. If I'm in a iffy location, I still manually lock though.

We installed auto lifter a year ago, they have been very loud. Now newest generation on Ali much better, quiet like premium.
So most upgraded the system, combine it with foot sensor, a button inside the car cabine and one inside the trunk.

Cheers 101

It's also neat because it beeps when you walk away so if it doesn't beep at me I know I forgot my key in the car. Not must have, but cool.

In Germany the premium version is called sportsline, like mine it got this keyless close/open technic and the memory function for the driver seat. This keyless is the most unsafe point on the car, the signal can be catcher saved and used from a stranger to steel the car fast and easy. A few driver decide to deinstall this feature from Mazda.
I like it and have other secure system, they can sit in my car enjoy the music, but never can drive it away!!!

Cheers 101

Mazda appreciation day 1.
2 more things:
I wear my seatbelt 99.5% of the time. When I go to the drugstore at the end of my residential street is about the only time I don't wear it. Seatbelt reminder never stops. Ok, that's not a big deal. But this one?
Walk out of the drugstore. Bag in one hand, big dog food bag in the other. Grab the door handle. Crap. Locked. Set bag on the ground, fumble around my pockets to find the key. Barbaric! 😀

Sounds like a recommendation for the 2017 CX5 power gate!

I was waiting for someone to say that. :D My hand was still free. If the door would have just unlocked for me.

Back