What new Mazda is coming?

It would be nice to have the bigger, new nav screen on next year's cx-5 but sorry guys, it's not going to happen.
as stated, IF they were doing a mid model refresh on the cx-5 then yes, but that doesn't seem likely with the introduction of the GT-R and Signature this year.

if you look back on the previous gen cx-5, the MMS infotainment system wasn't added until they did the mid model refresh.

The Mazda model cycle seems to be pretty flexible, based on need (all years are MY, not calendar):
Gen 1 CX-5: 4.5 years (2013-2016.5, MCA for 2016)
Gen 3 Mazda3: 5 years (2014-2018, MCA for 2017)
Gen 3 Mazda6: 6+ years (2013-present, MCA for 2018)

Since the compact crossover segment is at full-boil and the CX-5 is Mazda's highest-volume seller, I suspect that they'll unveil the 3rd generation model for 2021, which also tracks with Mazda's recent strategy of doing an MCA (which the GT-R/Signature models seem to be) two years before a new generation.

The first-gen Mazda Connect launched with the Gen 3 Mazda3 in MY 2014, and both the Mazda6 and CX-5 got that system two full model years later, in 2016. I think history is likely to repeat itself, especially since this timeline would match up with a Gen3 CX-5 for the same model year.

ahh thank you for this.
i'm hoping the next gen cx-9 should be out in about the same time right? 2021 ish?

Mazda (and all car manufacturers for that matter) need to start acting like tech companies for their infotainment software and hardware. This technology moves a lot faster than ICEs and consumer expectations are higher.

I'm also waiting for a refresh to the Mazda3 screen, but might just note the bullet for a 2019 given that 2020 is 8+ months away and at that point the 2021 will be 12 months away and I could end up convincing myself to wait nearly 2 whole years.

Mazda (and all car manufacturers for that matter)

I'm also waiting for a refresh to the Mazda3 screen,

ummm is this a typo? 2019 mazda3 already has the new screen, and it's out on some dealer lots already.

Mazda (and all car manufacturers for that matter) need to start acting like tech companies for their infotainment software and hardware. This technology moves a lot faster than ICEs and consumer expectations are higher.

I'm also waiting for a refresh to the Mazda3 screen, but might just note the bullet for a 2019 given that 2020 is 8+ months away and at that point the 2021 will be 12 months away and I could end up convincing myself to wait nearly 2 whole years.

Theres always something newer and better around the corner. Why wait? I mean 4 years later the refresh is out again. :shrug:

When youre talking about entry level volume vehicles why NOT build them there?

But when youre buying a $50k+ vehicle...people are purchasing intangibles along with it. I wouldnt want an M-Car not assembled in the Munich plant. When I took delivery of my first BMW, I was adamant about not taking delivery of anything NOT assembled in Regensburg. My X3 was a huge departure from that. Admittedly, I was and still am uneasy about it. Location of production, to me, matters. TBH, I feel like I made a compromise on this X3 in this department.

When you*re talking about entry level volume vehicles why NOT build them there?

But when you*re buying a $50k+ vehicle...people are purchasing intangibles along with it. I wouldn*t want an M-Car not assembled in the Munich plant. When I took delivery of my first BMW, I was adamant about not taking delivery of anything NOT assembled in Regensburg. My X3 was a huge departure from that. Admittedly, I was and still am uneasy about it. TBH, I location of production, to me matters. I made a compromise on this X3.

But...but...thats racist!

Lol, I get it. I would never own a Japanese vehicle NOT made in Japan. Every single Japanese car I've had, has been legit JDM, and that's the way it will always be.

In the past, when I was still in Europe, I have read an article, about an Opel Astra. This car it was build in three countries, Spain, Germany and Hungary. And guess which one had the best quality? You did not guess well, it was one made in Hungary.

In the past, when I was still in Europe, I have read an article, about an Opel Astra. This car it was build in three countries, Spain, Germany and Hungary. And guess which one had the best quality? You did not guess well, it was one made in Hungary.

Cool. I have an irrational preference for my BMW to be assembled in Germany. I know some of the Regensburg employees. One is a childhood friend of my sons.

I posted this originally in the CX-30 forum, but didn't get any responses.

Although a much lower price point, would the CX-30 be considered in the same class as the X1, CLA, & Q3? If so, I can't see it competing
in the NA market with Skyactiv-G (which is what is rumored to power the NA version).

The Q3 just upped the ante with it's forthcoming sportsback: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...onfirmed-2020/

I just hope that Mazda doesn't slow play and start us with the less powerful engine. I guess we'll have to wait until the LA Auto Show to find out- I'm
hoping details are released during the NYAS in April.

The sad part is the news mag I got from Mazda itself last month was titled *ZOOM ZOOM!*

Don*t judge a book by its cover they say, lol, because I sure the hell didn*t find any inside...lol

Hey I got that mag too and thought the same thing lol!

I thought Mazda was supposed to announce two new CUV's in 2019.
CX-30 was first; what's next?
Or am I misinformed?

We are in the 4th month of 2019. Give it some time, hopefully something new will come forward later this year!

Back